Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 9/27/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had decided to get this because I love Too Faced products. This mentioned it had ingredients that helped the skin and could be worn without foundation. Love the whole idea but the promises are a bit too much.

None the less this is good primer it took me a year of everyday use to finish this, so I think I've formed a good understanding on this product. I like the thickness and that it applies easily on the skin. It leaves a smooth base for makeup and helps it stay on longer. I don't find it makes me poreless though and I have to mention there is no oil control with this either. I can only really wear this with an oil controlling foundation. Tinted moisturisers usually look way too oily with Primed and Poreless underneath. I realised I love my NARS TM more now since I've switched to the Hourglass mineral veil, which helps control my oil. If you're not oily this may actually work for you.

The only reason I would buy this again is that it never broke me out and helped keep my pores clear, even though it didn't fill them. Even when I tested new foundations I knew I was better off with this underneath. I have tried other pore filling primers like Benefit's and Smashbox's and they always clogged my pores. I think this primer is my safe bet.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I have very large pores around my nose area, the only product and my HG silicone based primer is the Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner. As much as I love Too Faced Hangover Rx primer, this one does not work as well. The consistency is thick, pretty "dry" and siliconey, which I don't mind. You need literally the smallest amount for the whole face. I recommend applying it like a moisturizer and then "patting" so it would settle in pores and won't look streaky.
It doesn't prolong the wear of my foundation- at least not as well as my Sebium primer- but makes it go on a lot more smoother! It doesn't have mattifying properties so oily skins may not like it.
It didn't break me out, which can happen with many silicone based primers.
The packaging is gorgeous, as usual with TF... But the product itself is just average.

To Read all 270 Reviews, Login or Join

on 8/11/2016 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is pretty good in terms of primers if you like that matte oily feeling all over your face. It's okay because it goes away after you put foundation on and it does keep it on there for most of the day so credit where credit is due.

It didn't make my pores smaller or look smaller or anything but I guess it's not God so I'm not gonna have a go at it about that. The other thing is that it's not going to keep that foundation staying on your nose so don't even ask it to.

Look in all honesty I wasn't blown away by it but I wasn't disappointed either. It's a good primer but what it claims to do, cheaper primers can do the same if not better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm actually really sad about not enjoying this product, because it seemed good when I tried it at Sephora. What I love about this primer is that the packaging is adorable - as is every product Too Faced creates. It is also easy to spread. Now... what I dislike about this is that it feels a little oily once I've spread it all over my face and blended it evenly. Also, it has this distinct smell to it that I didn't notice when I first tried it whilst shopping -- quite a huge turn off for me. It does its job as a primer, but with its price tag as such, I just don't see myself buying this again.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My HG primer!! Smooths my skin so nicely and makes my foundation apply amazingly!
Downsizes my pores and looks beautiful
Will always repurchase this whenever I run out :)

on 6/3/2016 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I am 47 years old and I use this product with no other foundation. It makes my skin look smooth and really dimenishes the appearance of pores. The light tint makes it blend perfectly. I will add concealer for any blemishes and I'm out the door. It goes on smoothly -doesn't flake or cause breakouts. It's my favorite product.

on 4/26/2016 9:27:00 PM

I recently bought this in the hope of experiencing the poreless effect of this. This is like a Smashbox silicone primer that maybe won't give breakouts. Sadly the blurring effect is not a WOW but more of a meh factor that didn't last throughout the day. I kind of regretted using this because it made my face look shiny later during the day that actually accentuated my pores more. I was so annoyed for spending a lot for something that didn't come close to its claims. Also the tube was not full and not sealed in any way, but just came in a box.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

To be honest, I wasn't blown away or impressed with this product. It does its job as a primer, my foundation lasts nicely underneath it, maybe not for a longer time period but it makes some sort of difference.
It is ridiculously expensive, has a weird powdery/paste like texture that almost completely disappears on the skin and there's not very much product in the tube.
I did like that it was easy to blend and felt soft on the skin, however, there are drugstore primers for a fifth of the price that will do this job.
I was mostly disappointed that the name is "Primed and Poreless" and yet my pores were just as visible as they were before application, maybe even more visible.
I didn't notice it make a difference to my foundation in terms of better coverage, as the sales girl said it would. I was sold on the idea that it made pores invisible under foundation, unfortunately it just didn't work for me.

on 3/14/2016 9:06:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

So this primer is great. It leaves my skin silky smooth and my makeup looks beautiful. BUT - it was so expensive and when I held the bottle to the light, I could see that only half the container was full. Half! They trick you with the bottle to make you think you're buying more. Yeah, I know, I know, it says how many fluid oz on the front but really??? It's like buying chips but half the bags air. Anyways, other than that, love it.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I love this primer! Its really creamy and has a smooth texture. it covers my pores and leaves my makeup nice and matte. Its a little expensive but worth it in my opinion.