Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

Too Faced Primed & Poreless Skin Smoothing Face Primer

3.7

Present (05/02/2017): Dimethicone, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Polysilicone-11, Nylon-12, PEG-10 Dimethicone, Polysorbate 40, Isohexadecane, Ammonium Polyacryloyldimethyl Taurate, Disiloxane, Butylene Glycol, Enantia Chlorantha Bark Extract, Oleanolic Acid, Dipropylene Glycol, Sodium Palmitoyl Proline, Nymphaea Alba Flower Extract, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cycloheptasiloxane, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Polysorbate 20, Retinol, BHT, BHA.---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Former (date?): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethiconol, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, HDI/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crossploymer, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Camellia Oleifera Seed Oil, Mica, Phenoxyethanol, Silica, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Ethylhexylglycerin, Cyclodextrin, Cyclohexasiloxane, Retinol, Diacetyl Boldine, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Arctostaphylos Uva Ursi Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Bark Extract, Polysorbate 80, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Hedra Helix (Ivy) Extract, BHT, Cycloheptasiloxane, Tocopheryl Acetate, Retinyl Palmitate, Bioflavonoids, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

on 10/22/2017 2:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I'm on my second tube of this product and I will probably continue to buy this not because it makes my face poreless like it claims--thought it might and my skin is just that pock marked and uneven, not ruling that out either--but because it keeps the oil at bay! I've tried so many primers and this is the only primer that keeps my skin from greasing up and it prevents the foundation from separating. It's a wonderful base for longevity and oil control. It also contains a retinol so for acne prone make up lovers like me, you can feel at ease knowing you're treating your skin--however minimally--under all that make up. It also goes on super smoothly, I've tried primers that are so tacky and sticky and do nothing for me. This is a win on all accounts for me.

on 7/27/2017 9:40:00 PM

I love this primer. It is undoubtedly the second most used in my now curated stack. I have used many primers and I commend this for being on my short-list.

I bought this when on my hunt to look for an alternative to the Hourglass mineral veil (you may already know why). This had a beautiful mousse/ cream texture with a silicon base. The reason I like this is it helps keep my pores happy. I find my skin is clearer and very calm when wearing this (a general rule with my complexion products). The ingredients in this seem to work as my skin is so satisfied that I don't get too oily throughout the day and my foundation lasts a good 10 hours.

I know it says poreless on the packaging but I have yet to find a primer that can outlast my oil. Saying this I feel I will still repurchase this and will hope one day I find something that doesn't have to cost so much as this (for the amount you use and get) is not as cost effective as hoped.

on 9/27/2016 3:30:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I had decided to get this because I love Too Faced products. This mentioned it had ingredients that helped the skin and could be worn without foundation. Love the whole idea but the promises are a bit too much.

None the less this is good primer it took me a year of everyday use to finish this, so I think I've formed a good understanding on this product. I like the thickness and that it applies easily on the skin. It leaves a smooth base for makeup and helps it stay on longer. I don't find it makes me poreless though and I have to mention there is no oil control with this either. I can only really wear this with an oil controlling foundation. Tinted moisturisers usually look way too oily with Primed and Poreless underneath. I realised I love my NARS TM more now since I've switched to the Hourglass mineral veil, which helps control my oil. If you're not oily this may actually work for you.

The only reason I would buy this again is that it never broke me out and helped keep my pores clear, even though it didn't fill them. Even when I tested new foundations I knew I was better off with this underneath. I have tried other pore filling primers like Benefit's and Smashbox's and they always clogged my pores. I think this primer is my safe bet.

on 10/14/2016 4:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I really like this primer, my foundation goes smoother. I didn't notice that my foundation lasts longer with it, but it definitely goes smoother. The texture is silicone-y, but not in a bad way. I have oily/combination skin and my oils come through in about 3-4 hours, which is a good thing, since without it I get oily in about 2-3 hours, depending on how hot is outside. I would repurchase.

on 11/29/2016 5:15:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I have texture issues and this primer gives me a very nice, smooth base to work with. My makeup applies beautifully over it and the tube has lasted me a very long time. It's similar in function to the POREfessional by Benefit only it has a less slick texture, and it's a bit thicker and more moussey. The POREfessional disguises my pores a bit more effectively but I prefer this one because it doesn't feel quite as silicone-y and I prefer the way my makeup looks on top of it. It also brings more product. It's expensive but I'll most likely repurchase until I find an equal quality more affordable alternative.

on 12/3/2016 11:31:00 AM

Hi guys,

I bought this primer due to recommendations. Unfortunately I did not like it and nor will I be purchasing again. I have tried using it with several liquid foundations and feel that it was useless on all occasions.

Cons -
*White cast - I feel that this primer leaves a white cast on your face. The skin does not look brighter, more like a ghost!
*Does not help - a good primer should help the longevity of your foundation. Well I felt that this product did nothing for me. My skin looked oily and felt really greasy.
*Pores - did nothing for my pores :(

Pros -
*Feels smooth on the skin.
*Does not smell.
*Price is cheaper than what I usually pay for my Clarins Instant Smooth.

I have very large pores around my nose area, my HG silicone based primer is the Bioderma Sebium Pore Refiner. As much as I love Too Faced Hangover Rx primer, this one does not work as well. The consistency is thick, pretty "dry" and siliconey, which I don't mind. You need literally the smallest amount for the whole face. I recommend applying it like a moisturizer and then "patting" so it would settle in pores and won't look streaky.
It doesn't prolong the wear of my foundation- at least not as well as my Sebium primer- but makes it go on a lot more smoother! It doesn't have mattifying properties so oily skins may not like it.
It didn't break me out, which can happen with many silicone based primers.
The packaging is gorgeous, as usual with TF... But the product itself is just average.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

My HG primer!! Smooths my skin so nicely and makes my foundation apply amazingly!
Downsizes my pores and looks beautiful
Will always repurchase this whenever I run out :)

on 8/11/2016 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

This stuff is pretty good in terms of primers if you like that matte oily feeling all over your face. It's okay because it goes away after you put foundation on and it does keep it on there for most of the day so credit where credit is due.

It didn't make my pores smaller or look smaller or anything but I guess it's not God so I'm not gonna have a go at it about that. The other thing is that it's not going to keep that foundation staying on your nose so don't even ask it to.

Look in all honesty I wasn't blown away by it but I wasn't disappointed either. It's a good primer but what it claims to do, cheaper primers can do the same if not better.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I'm actually really sad about not enjoying this product, because it seemed good when I tried it at Sephora. What I love about this primer is that the packaging is adorable - as is every product Too Faced creates. It is also easy to spread. Now... what I dislike about this is that it feels a little oily once I've spread it all over my face and blended it evenly. Also, it has this distinct smell to it that I didn't notice when I first tried it whilst shopping -- quite a huge turn off for me. It does its job as a primer, but with its price tag as such, I just don't see myself buying this again.