MAC Frost - Amber Lights

MAC Frost - Amber Lights

4.3

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Bismuth Oxychloride, Blue 1 Lake, Carmine, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Manganese Violet, Red 40 Lake, Ultramarines, Yellow 5 Lake]

If you like a strong shimmery yet velvety look.. this is the one :) .. Simply gorgeous.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This was one of the first shadows that I ever bought and it is so pretty and pigmented. It is the perfect gold for my brown skin and goes on super soft! Love it!

on 12/22/2016 5:05:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

This eye-shadow looks beautiful with red lipstick! Its a very pigmented gold copper color that looks good with my light olive skin. A must have!

on 12/11/2016 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

All time favorite eyeshadow! I literally go through this quite easily since its my everyday eyeshadow. I find most natural or neutral colors to pull ashy on me since I have a lot of yellow to my skin.
I wouldn't describe this as bronze whatsoever.
Bronze is more reddish. I'd consider this a more 20kt or 22kt GOLD. Most western people hardly see this type of gold, the common gold here is 14kt which looks more yellow since its diluted. If you like that straight up yellow gold then I'd go for "goldmine" but I find this type doesn't look good to me, more like an iridescent yellow.

I find the eastern jewelry that is 20-22kt have that slight peach tone to it that reflects yellow and I find this matches a lot of my jewelry and looks gorgeous. I'm around a C35, also around NC30-35 and due to my undertone and depth of skin tone I don't find this looking orange whatsoever, just looks like a true gold. I find the formula is great, very pigmented, smooth to blend out and doesn't have issues with fading. I'd recommend this for a lot of central Asian/middle eastern people, desi, southeast Asian, Latinas and on black women with deeper complexions I like it as a highlight. I've used it on a lot of people within these groups and they've all loved it. It can look glam but not overdone and quite neutral due to it flowing with their complexion rather than contrasting.

If you have a lighter complexion and/or a pink undertone this can pull quite orange, if that's what you're going for this could be a nice shimmery/not in-your-face type of orange and could be a nice transition color to add some warmth to your eye makeup especially if you want to compliment blue eyes without doing a full on orange eye look.
All in all, I think this could work for anyone, it doesn't look the same on everyone but it can work for a lot of people and in different ways
If you're wanting a softer gold than "goldmine" I would go with "wood winked" which isn't as saturated as goldmine since it has a little brown and not as peachy as "amber lights" I think woodwinked also looks different on everyone, basically, I'm sure MAC has a gold for everyone but this one is my absolute favorite :)

on 5/23/2016 1:34:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

This is one of the best eyeshadow MAC has even made, it is highly pigmented, lasts very well for a long time even without a primer. It could also work as a highlighter for medium to dark complexion. You can blend it with a matte bronzer to make it a bit more shimmery, it works great as well. It feels very light on this eyelid and you definitely don't need to pack the product onto the lid for the desired look because it's so pigmented. Buy it whenever you get your hands on it!

on 6/12/2015 1:54:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Amber Lights, to me, is a coppery, orange-y bronze color. This eye shadow has wonderful lasting power, and can look great when paired with the right eye shadows. I don't like wearing it just by itself, because it can pull a bit too orange-y for me. Amber Lights is definitely not my favorite from MAC, but when done right, this color is great to have in your collection. I probably wouldn't buy this again, because I tend to gravitate towards other colors.

on 3/25/2015 7:45:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

This shadow is beautiful. It excels in texture, pigmentation and blendability. I have not noticed any fall out and it lasts on my lids with or without a primer.I wear this with soft brown in the crease and a lighter gold shadow (UD half baked) in the center of my lid for extra dimension. This creates a beautiful, warm smokey eye. For reference, I am roughly NW15 (010 in Dior foundations) and I have green eyes. This is probably one of my favourites from MAC. I own a lot of eyeshadows, including the naked 1 and 3 palettes. But this is different from everything I own, which is so important to me. Definite repurchase, I may even buy a backup early, just in case!

on 2/18/2015 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I thought this color would pull too orange on me, but it's the most beautiful, flattering copper shade with the perfect amount of shimmer. It is gorgeous on the lid, but also adds a fun element when blended out in the crease. Can be mixed with wood winked to tone down the copper a bit. GORGEOUS. For reference, I'm pale with neutral undertones. Easily pairs with Mulch, Twinks, Ricepaper, Naked Lunch, Expensive Pink, Sumptuous Olive and many others. Perfect for summer!

on 12/26/2014 2:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Amber lights is my all time top favorite mac shadow! On my NC40 skin it glistens and leaves a bronzy/gold/copper irridesence. It's truly one of the most unique shades that MAC offers and I think everyone should own it because it will flatter a wide variety of skintones.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Really nice shimmer bronze.. blends really good with darker colors (i use smut) or sometimes i wear it with bright blue ur purple. Definitly a must have all over lid color for me. I have tan skin and dark brown eyes and i adore this color. Its just so pretty but you wont look like a clown