OPI Give Me Moor

No Image

on 1/12/2016 3:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

This is similar to Lincoln Park After Dark in that it is almost but not quite black, a deep, deep purple. However, where LPAD is definitely a creme, this is thinner and less opaque, so two coats still show streaks and some of my nail underneath. At three coats (which takes forever to dry and thusly is prone to smudges) it becomes hard to see the purple and ever so slight shimmer that make the shade unique, so it just looks like a sort of runny shade of black. It is very pretty with two coats, so if you don't mind the lack of opacity, you might love it. It's an easy formula to work with and wears decently. I have too many nail polishes and this rarely gets used, so I will probably give this to a friend and won't repurchase.

I like to colour, the only thing wrong with it, is it has some funny shimmer in it which makes it appear not as shiny after a few hours.
Wouldn't buy again because it doesn't look shiny enough for long.

on 11/26/2010 9:39:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Tried this color at nail salon. It looked more like a deep plum purple in the bottle. Got 2 coats of color put on at salon and I think it goes on way more opaque than the color in the bottle. In certain subdued lighting it looks like it could be black polish or a very dark merlot. In bright sunlight it appears a bit more purple. Nice color on fair skin.

on 2/22/2012 12:30:00 PM

I stopped a woman at the mall and asked what was the color she had on. Went to Ulta and bought it. 2 coats with a top coat lasted 10 days. Love the vampy, dark, not black but dark purple color. If you are looking for a dark trendy color, try it! continued >>

on 8/16/2011 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I was let down by this product. I am usually very pleased with OPI polishes due to their varieties and quality of color, and I expected Give Me Moor to be a sophisticated wine color, but it turned out to be a slow-drying, weak, muddy color that I hated on my nails. The formula wasn't as strong and high-quality as it could have been.
If you're looking for something sophisticated and nice for formal occasions, please, look elsewhere.

on 12/31/2011 2:59:00 AM

Goes on quite sheer at first and the polish itself is quite liquidy. If you apply multiple layers it becomes really dark, almost a black. it looses that rich purple-wine quality that I loved about it in the bottle. I don't dislike, I am just a bit disappointed by the outcome.

on 11/16/2010 3:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I'm pretty disappointed in this one. OPIs can really vary with opacity - this one is one of those sheer ones that takes 3 coats to get a good dark nearly black opacity. I find that the more coats it takes seems to magnify my mistakes :-P

It's a very purply rather than wine color in my opinion. Blueish tone purple with very little red at all. This is OK but won't buy again.

A wonderful vampy, wine colored polish. Smooth application with great pigmentation in only one coat. Perfect for fall!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

I got this polish two days ago and it is already my favorite nail polish. I have very pale skin and the dark color pops against my skin. I love dark colors but I don't like black so the fact that this is a dark purple is perfect. The application is also really good. The first coat is very sheer but it builds up quickly to a very opaque finish. I would recommend this polish to anyone and everyone looking for a good dark, winter color that isn't black. I just can't say enough good things about this nail polish.

Got bored today and decided to paint my toenails with this. To be honest, it didn't really live up to my expectations. Based on the reviews and pictures, I expected this to be a purple-almost-black/black with a purple sheen, but it's just a regular plum color. And maybe this is because I was painting my toenails and I suck at it or I got a bad bottle of it, but it didn't seem to apply as smoothly as my other OPI's. I wouldn't buy this again, I already have too many purple polishes that look a lot like it.

Popular Polishes