Curl Junkie Aloe Fix Gel

No Image

2.5

Water, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Glycerin, Carbomer, Panthenol, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Triethanolamine, Citrus Limonium (Lemon) Oil, Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange) Oil, Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Oil, Pelargonium Graveolens (Geranium) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol, Fragrance.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Like an other reviewer, the glycerin in this is too high on the ingredient list for me to use during certain temps and makes my hair too fluffy and undefined. It also lacks hold. It does smell nice and softens my hair. It also layers nicely and worked better with the coffee cocoa cream. I would not get this again.

on 8/4/2009 4:26:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Most things Curl Junkie are very popular over at naturallycurly.com right now, so I've recently tried several of their products. This is a thick, weirdly-textured product that I wouldn't really call a gel - it's more the consistency of a roux that you'd cook with, LOL. It's hard to work it through my hair, although I've finally learned that it helps to spray some water on it to thin it down. Even so, the results are kind of iffy for me - I think it just contains too much glycerin for my hair. It often doesn't like much, and this has it right at the top of the ingredient list, right after aloe, which it does normally like. This doesn't offer much hold on it's own and just makes my hair too frizzy - again, that glycerin. It works a little better if I use some of their Coffee Coco Curl Creme under it, but I still have to top it with some other gel for hold.

If it was available locally, I might give it more of a chance, but since it's only available on-line, it's just not worth it to me.

Popular Styling Products