Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Dark
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.6

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

My cousin is a makeup artist so always gets free product samples and she gave me the Stila Lip Glaze in Pink Grapefruit--love it! The color is so gorgeous, I love the formula, it feels good on my lips, makes my lips look luscious and I don't feel the need to reapply often, as it stays on pretty long. I also like that it's a lip brush, that's probably what contributes to the smooth application and I like the twisty bottom that dispenses the product.

While I like it, being a student on a budget, a $22 lipgloss just seems a bit much. If my cousin didn't give it to me, I probably would have never purchased it. I find that I can find quality lip products at the drugstore or beauty supply store for less than $5, so I don't go out of my way to purchase high end ones, as usually there is no huge difference. Also, it's not like a lipstick that lasts a good while. Only a very small amount comes in the tube. The tube is long but only about a 1/4 of the tube is filled with product. So while it's a good product and I recommend it if you have $20 to spare, it's expensive and you don't get that much product. So yes I'd buy it again because I like it, but no because it's too pricey.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I simply do not understand anything about the Stila Lip Glaze. Mostly the price and the hype. $22 for .08oz of sub-par lip gloss when almost for half the price, Mac offers more than double the product. Or even, for tenth of the price, Bonnebelle or Wet N Wild will give you gallons of the stuff. Perhaps I am biased because lip gloss is the one product I don't see the point of investing in. Nearly all products give you the same effect- shiny lips- so why bother spending so much on it? I have this in Cranberry and a discontinued shade called Pink Champagne. Both are decent glosses. They taste yummy, stay on for a couple hours, and give a SHEEEEER wash of colour. However, they are also sticky, less than pigmented, and the application is annoying. I feel like I'm being wasteful not only spending $20+ on so little product, it's so much plastic for something I can't reuse. Overall, Lip Glazes are an extremely underwhelming product that I view as pointless and overpriced.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

Stila lip glazes are my favorite glosses hands down. I've never come across a gloss that has wonderful staying power besides Lancome Juicy Tubes. I apply the gloss on in the morning and around 4-5 hours later a good amount is still on my lips. I often hear that people complain about the stickiness and in my honest opinion the lip glazes are not overtly tacky . I've used stickier glosses before. As far as pigmentation goes, it varies. It depends on which "flavor" you choose. Try them out before purchasing.
I will admit that the scents for some these are quite dead on while others are just down right awful. The twisting mechanism is another problem and I find that at times too much gloss comes out of the brush. My major pet peeve is the steep price. I do not feel these glosses are worth their $22 price tag. That is why I annually buy them in holiday sets and I purchase the full sized glazes on other sites for a much lower price.

on 5/27/2009 6:44:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really like these glosses but it takes too much effort to use them. They are a little sticky but its not too bad and the colors/shine/staying power are awesome!! My biggest complaint is that built-in brush click concept. It theory it is really cool BUT i found that I could never figure out how many clicks before it was ooooooozzzzzing everywhere!! It takes it a while for the product to get to the top, so you cant slap this on in a hurry. So someone like me unknowinly gets impatient and clicks away until you see it moving and by then its too late! You've got a huge mess and enough gloss for 100 pairs of lips (ok maybe not hat much) but the bottom line is a lot of product is wasted because it is a one-way shoot and you cant get it back in the tube. I

f you have time to wait for your gloss to "rise" for the occassion these are really GREAT but for me they cost too much for the level of effort and the amount of product I ended up wasting . . . .give me the lipglaze sticks instead!!!

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love the glaze and the colors but the price is too much. I hardly use any before i realize the lipgloss is almost done.