Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Olive
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.0

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoyed this gloss. All the stila lip glazes smell like their names. I think this is really cool! Haha, anyway I got a whole pack of these lip glazes for Christmas and I love them! They all apply nicely because they have brush tips, and they smell amazing of course. I just wish these could be a little more pigmented and not be so expensive because you aren't getting that much in one tube.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First of all they all smell super delicious! They are very sheer so they don't give off a lot of color.I don't think there sticky at all.I hate how there isn't a lot of product in it. The packaging is cute but its annoying.At the bottom you have to twist it and its kinda noisy.Its awkward.But I would re-purchase!

on 2/17/2010 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Neutral

I only have one of these in the color Guava which, on my pigmented lips, goes on as a sheer (almost too sheer) mauvey, pinkish-brown. It comes in a brush-type applicator which isn't bad and gives me a bit more control in application. There are only two things I like about it: the brush applicator and the scent. Everything else about it I hate. For one, it's very sticky and tacky. One of the stickiest glosses I have tried. For me, it felt like I had glue on my lips the entire time I had it on. Secondly, the color is way too sheer for my liking. I have used many, many lip glosses (including some drugstore brands) that were more pigmented and less sticky than this. Third, I find the click pen very annoying. If you click only a couple times, nothing comes out. You can expedite it by turning the tube upside down but even then, it still took me at least a couple minutes....something I don't have time for when I'm rushing in the morning. If you click it several times, a huge glob of it comes out at once and basically wastes the product. Too much trouble just to apply a mere lipgloss. Last but not least is the price ($22 for the full sized tube). It's way too expensive for the actual amount of product you get in the tube, which isn't much at all. Bottom line: there are lots and lots of lipglosses out there that has close to the same colors, much less sticky consistency and much cheaper in price to warrant me purchasing this ever again.

on 6/10/2009 11:21:00 AM

I do love the lip glazes, as they staying power is great and the smell of the glosses is gorgeous but I just cannot stand the applicator! It takes too many clicks for even a tiny amount of product to reveal itself and I just don't have the time to be standing around waiting for it! The gloss is rather sticky - not the best choice for breezy weather and hair all the place! But I will buy again, as I think the gloss is good, with nice colours.

on 4/24/2009 11:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

big globby mess. the applicator is horrible. i just apply it with my fingers, but it's so sticky it even stays on my finger.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I received grape as a GWP with a recent strawberry net order. This is the first time I have used a Stila lip product.

Pros:
- great packaging, applicator really applies the gloss smoothly
- very tenacious gloss
- just the right amount of shine
- the colour did need pepping up with a berry lip pencil though

Cons:
- the smell, it is a really fake bubble gum kind of grape scent, Would not repurchase on this point alone.

I an interested in trying the more neutral shades of the range though, they are a very convenient product.

on 11/4/2005 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The purchase of a Stila Lipglaze is the most recent ripoff I had to experience. I always try to stop myself from ordering cosmetic products online where color plays an important part - but this time I got carried away and ordered this product on Gloss.com. The color I picked was apricot: on screen it looed like a nice, very subtle peachy pink. When I received the product, I was so disappointed: First of all, they should included written directions for use in the box. As mentioned in the other comments, the packaging is very awkwardly designed. You click the bottom of the tube for the gloss to pour into the brush - but it is not instantaneous. So you keep on clicking, thinking that you need to push more to get the product out. And then in a minute or two: boom, you are left with a big glob of gloss - more than you need for one time. So, whenever you need to put the gloss on, you have to plan ahead and click the tube a few minutes in advance. What a stupid design! The other disappointment for me was the color: They described the color I ordered as apricot, but in reality what I got was a clear gloss. I tried looking at it under different lights: indoors, natural sunlight, etc... There's not a hint of apricot in my gloss. It is just clear gloss. So, I truly feel dumb paying 20 bucks for a tube of clear gloss. But wanyway, despite the packaging - the product itself is not bad at all. It has a nice thick texture, and quite a bit of staying power, considering the fact that it is only a lip gloss, not lipstick. For that reason I am giving it 3 lipsticks. But overall, it is a bad purchase. The packaging is not easy to use and it is way too expensive for what it is.

on 10/31/2005 8:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I have the Berry lip glaze, and although it's a very pretty cool, pinkish color, the applicator annoys me to no end! I click several times and nothing happens. I click one more time, and a bunch of gloss comes gushing out! Because of the applicator brush and the price, I won't buy this again. I much prefer MAC lip glosses for color choice, staying power and better applicator, not to mention better price!