Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.7

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 4/8/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very sticky and very sheer. But, I love these! They last a very long time on me. I can drink and eat... they're still around. My favorite way to wear them would be over other lip sticks and liners. They give a super glossy and dewy look to the lips.

But, if you hate the feel of heavy and sticky glosses I would avoid these. I personally, adore a sticky gloss because they look better and last longer. I'm so used to them, it's not even a bother anymore.

However, the biggest negative is that they are scented. Stila attempts to correlate the scent to the name (mango smells like mangoes, kitten smells like kittens... hehe, kidding about that one), but that just leaves us with artificial scents, like fake synthetic mangoes, grapefruits and strawberries.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these, as a gloss junkie they are everything I look for in a gloss, great color, long lasting and high shine. They look expensive and pretty on the lip, not cheap or childish like many glosses can look. On a "sticky scale" I give them a 7 (0 being water and 10 being honey). The color selections are really great, I have the deep red wine as well as many of the nude/pink shades and get compliments all the time how nice it looks. I would say if I put this on around 8am, I don't need to reapply until about 12 or so.

on 8/4/2012 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I like this product. Has a good color pay-off and all. Just too expensive and I'm not really a fan of lip glaze.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

These are so pretty and they smell AMAZING! The colors are beautiful.......... sometimes I can't stop staring at my lips in the mirror once I've put them on. They are quite sticky and the glittery ones feel very grainy at times, but the colors are beautiful. I got like 9 of these or something from a holiday pack that my friend got me and they're cute. The twist up packaging only takes one time to get used to, and it's fun brushing on the product. But if you plan to put this over lipstick, be sure to get the product on your finger first, then dab it on. Applying this directly onto your lipsticked-lip would transfer lipstick onto the brush.... But yeah! The scents that come with each glaze are unique (some are vanilla-scented, cake-scented, fruity, etc...), and the overall effect is pretty!

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this lip glaze, but not enough to pay $22 for a full size. I will only get these lip glazes if they are in a set. I bought the holiday set for 2010 and love it. Of course the glazes are sheerer than they appear but thats alright with me, its easy enough to wear them over lip stick if I want a deeper color. The smell is fantastic and that's my favorite part of the glazes. They are sticky but I find that this helps them last longer, I just have to be careful of not wearing it with my hair down. Because its sticky it probably wouldn't be the best with a doefoot applicator but the clickpen is pretty annoying. I always click in threes, wait a few seconds then click again, usually the second time product comes out.

Bottom line: love the lip glaze but I would only buy it if it was in a set or discounted because I don't have money to throw around like that.

on 3/10/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got a Christmas set of these from Sephora that featured 6 colors. I like the pen style packaging to an extent (although sometimes it seems to take several clicks for the product to come up through the brush, even after several uses), but the fact that seemingly little product is housed in comparison to the size of the packaging makes me wonder if that is the reason the full-sized glosses are as costly as they are. (Perhaps not, but at a glance, it does seem the mechanics of the pen versus the amount of product doesn't quite balance to me.) The glosses themselves are moderately sticky (if you're a gloss person, they're not bad at all, really), not drying, and last a good amount of time. I didn't notice a scent with the Brown Sugar or Raisin colors (the first two I used), so I was wondering if it was just my imagination that Vanilla was vanilla-scented (until using the remaining glosses and finding them scented as well: Apricot, Grapefruit, and Gumdrop). I liked all of these scents, they were light but pleasant.

I'd have to say the complaints I have are somewhat minor. Gumdrop, Apricot, and Vanilla were very sheer on bare lips, though they provided some sheen, and just a hint of color, although they worked well over lipsticks. The other darker/brighter colors (Brown Sugar, Raisin, and Gumdrop) were still fairly sheer compared to what I expected from the color in the tube, though. I enjoyed using this set, but I don't find the glosses to be amazing enough to purchase full sized, especially when I have far too many glosses to go through as it is. :)

on 1/23/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have yet to come across a color I did not like and I have 14 colors. (Wow that's a lot of lip gloss hehe!) These glosses are pretty sheer, which I like, but be aware of that. I'd suggest swatching these at the store if possible before purchasing.

These glazes are on the sticky side so if you don't like sticky glosses stay away from these. They also have a light scent that corresponds to their name/color (Vanilla smells like vanilla, etc.) Kitten does NOT smell like kittens however... hahaha!

I get on average around 3 hours of wear with these glosses, which isn't the greatest, but acceptable to me. I only buy these in the holiday sets that come out with several mini glosses for 25-30 dollars. I would never buy a full sized one as they are not worth $22 (!!!!).

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The stickiness of these glosses do not bother me. However, I never cared for the brush/pen applicator. I feel the quality of these glosses are mediocre and overpriced. I definitely would not repurchase.

on 7/29/2009 5:35:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really like the feel and finish of this gloss, especially shade Starfruit. I got it as an $8 trio from Sephora and this is definitely among my go-to glosses. The click-pen is rather clumsy, but it's tolerable. It wouldn't deter me from using the gloss. I also like how it's kinda "thick", giving a vinyl texture, as opposed to thinner glosses that might not be as sticky but don't stay put as long.

on 6/5/2009 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I got a mini lip glaze of Stila Brown Sugar as part of a special Sephora has for Beauty Insiders. It came with two other lip glazes for only 8 dollars, so 'dirt cheap' for me. I only got a chance to try Brown Sugar, so here's my review of it.

Personally, I loved it. I don't like lipsticks, preferring lighter coverage like lip stains and glosses. Brown Sugar is a nice, sheer color, with just enough coverage and shine to stand out. The taste isn't bad (in fact, I don't taste anything, which is a good thing to me) and because it's so small, it can easily fit in your pocket or purse for touch-ups after meals. Cheap and fun, good for all ages, and almost all skin tones. Will definitely buy again once this one runs out.