Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 30-35
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I know it is their best-seller but it doesn't do well on my lips. Stila lip glaze felt like a very old formula to me. It seems like the company has not improved their formulations over the years. The color selection is certainly impressive. I got sucker into getting the watermelon shade. I knew I should have stayed away from Sephora. I took it to Hawaii with me a few weeks ago and as soon as the wind hits, my hair took the best of it. I hate sticky lipgloss and this is maybe a better version of the very sticky. I know some people like it that way but I found myself wiping off the excess constantly.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wish there was a maybe button instead of yes/no. I like these for a sheer gloss, although as many have mentioned, they are pretty sticky. I really like the applicator, I like brushing the gloss on as it gives more control and mostly prefer a sheer gloss. Overall though, not worth full price. I find there is no staying power and in my mind that was the payoff for a sticky gloss. I put up with the overly sticky and it stays on. I do still use these sometimes when I want to add a sheer gloss without too much color, but probably will not buy again. (I got a trio of minis)

on 8/24/2009 3:52:00 PM

The colors on these are so sheer. You need to use a lot to really see color, and if you do that this tube will only last you about a week. Plus I hate the application, you turn and get way too much product at once. Way too much money for something that is so sheer and does not last long.

on 1/14/2009 5:43:00 PM

I LOVE Stila Lip Glaze. I resisted them for so long (since ~1999!), and now I'm unable to remember why--it must have been price? Yes, this gloss is priced on the ridiculous side, but now that I've tried it (got one in a set), I'm hooked.
Yes, sometimes the gloss doesn't 'flow' properly, but that seems more of a problem with the smaller (Gift of Glaze) tubes. I don't recall having any trouble with the full-sized tubes. I don't find this gloss to be extraordinarily sticky, either, but my other go-to lip gloss is MAC Lip Glass (extremely sticky!), so maybe I have a warped sense of stickiness. I guess I feel like, if it's not sticky, how will it be shiny or last at all?
I think Lip Glaze is great, and if I can afford it, I'll definitely keep repurchasing. Now if only Raisin would be offered again...

on 6/20/2008 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have purchased 3 of these. I guess I have been stupidly trying to like this product. Maybe I figured if I kept trying a different color, it would grow on me. I have wasted a chunk of change and rarely use the product. LIKES: it has decent staying power for a gloss, they always smell good, the name of Stila itself is a good one for gloss, actual brush applicator. DISLIKES: the package is horrible - I either click too much and have to stuff something into the lid to clean it out or I don't click enough and have to tap it upside down and wait to the get the color to run to the brush, too much on the brush means I am wiping it off, the price. I really like other Stila glosses, but their color selection isn't wide enough so I thought I'd try this line. I should have just skipped it.

on 6/7/2008 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would have given these lip glazes an overall rating of 5, but the expense ($22) is a little outrageous. With that out of the way - I LOVE these lip glazes, they stay on fairly well and are quite buildable ---going from a sheer wash with one application to something more vibrant and glossy with a couple of applications.

I really love the design of the click pen and brush because I am so tired of glosses that come in a pot that are applied with your finger. These are much more hygienic and you don't end up with 'gloss finger!'

I bought my first one in Guava which is a beautiful coral pinkish shade, the others I got in smaller sizes as part of the Stila Lip Glaze set which I believe they only sell around holiday time --- this is definitely the way to go though, as you get much more bang for your buck. Plus you get to try many more colors for a fraction of the price.

The other colors I like are:
Grapefruit
Apricot
Starfruit
Papaya

on 11/4/2005 4:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

The purchase of a Stila Lipglaze is the most recent ripoff I had to experience. I always try to stop myself from ordering cosmetic products online where color plays an important part - but this time I got carried away and ordered this product on Gloss.com. The color I picked was apricot: on screen it looed like a nice, very subtle peachy pink. When I received the product, I was so disappointed: First of all, they should included written directions for use in the box. As mentioned in the other comments, the packaging is very awkwardly designed. You click the bottom of the tube for the gloss to pour into the brush - but it is not instantaneous. So you keep on clicking, thinking that you need to push more to get the product out. And then in a minute or two: boom, you are left with a big glob of gloss - more than you need for one time. So, whenever you need to put the gloss on, you have to plan ahead and click the tube a few minutes in advance. What a stupid design! The other disappointment for me was the color: They described the color I ordered as apricot, but in reality what I got was a clear gloss. I tried looking at it under different lights: indoors, natural sunlight, etc... There's not a hint of apricot in my gloss. It is just clear gloss. So, I truly feel dumb paying 20 bucks for a tube of clear gloss. But wanyway, despite the packaging - the product itself is not bad at all. It has a nice thick texture, and quite a bit of staying power, considering the fact that it is only a lip gloss, not lipstick. For that reason I am giving it 3 lipsticks. But overall, it is a bad purchase. The packaging is not easy to use and it is way too expensive for what it is.

I always thought this product was wayyy too expensive, i refused to even bother trying it b/c I was happy with my MAC. I got a sample size with an order I placed and was SO surprised! I really love the consistency and appearance! It's not as gooey and sticky as lipglass and seems to even moisturize a bit. It stays on a long time and I only have to reapply once after lunch. It's a good gloss and i'm already looking for more!

on 1/12/2004 10:31:00 AM

I like the lip glaze itself, but won't buy these again. Way way way over-priced. Not nearly enough lip glaze in it to justify the crazy price. The clicking took some time to get used to. All in all just not worth the price. Especially when there are cheaper alternatives out there.

Popular Lip Glosses