Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Green
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.2

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 1/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

I really don't like these. I hate the smells, they are all so incredibly fake and overly sweet. They are very sticky, and yet they don't last that long - and they go blotchy as it fades. They are very thick, and it's really a hassle to get an even layer to begin with - expecially because the crappy brush makes the product go on quite streaky. It's close to impossible to predict how much product is going to come out - especially because you have to twist and then wait for a while to see if anything comes out - it either takes forever to get enough for a whole application, or it just gets everywhere and is ridiculously messy. I do like a few of the colours though. All in all - I really would not recommend anyone to buy these...

on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

on 8/6/2013 11:04:00 PM

ok so I used my bestfriends a few times before and I found them REDICULOUSLY sticky like gross. But when I was at Murale they had the special edition one in "xoxo murale" for 5$ so I thought "why not get one to have in my makeup collection" I felt like an idiot because it took me forever to get it working, but I am glad I bought it. I don't know if it is just this one but it is not sticky AT ALL which is weird because everyother one i have had or tried was like sticky tack on my lips. I think it may be a hit or miss product. They look very nice on the lips though especially over a nude lipstick. I wouldnt pay more than 8$ for them (drugstore lipgloss price) because of the size) I wouldn't buy them unless they were on a good sale either. Not worth the full price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!

on 4/25/2013 2:26:00 PM

I didn't actually buy them-got them as a present so didnt realise how expensive they were until i looked them up now
I have i think 6 or 7 of these in lots of diffrent colours, some with shimmer some without
They are very sticky which i personally dont mind but if you do i wouldnt advise trying these
I love all of the colours of these and they give a long lasting shine which is great
But if i had to pay with them from my own money im not sure that i would as there is probably similar drugstore equivelants
Love the packaging though
I quite like them though

I have a couple of these, minis I think I bought in a set of 3 at Sephora, and I love them!
They smell sooo good, not overpowering, and not gross or chemically, which I can't stand. Although I'm sort of 50/50 on the brush type applicator. I like it for relatively easy application, but it's easy to twist up too much, or too little product. Too little product doesn't seem like it'd be a problem, but with a sticky gloss like this, it's like putting tacky glue on your lips and pulling! Yikes.
As for the gloss itself, it is extremely sticky. But, I like it for the sake of this. It makes it extremely long lasting. The color isn't ridiculously sheer, but not 100% opaque. Looks amazing over any lipstick though!
I definitely want more of these!

I purchased one of the trio sets in "Fiesta" and i adore these. The price wasn't that bad (for the three sample sizes), and I just love them. They have a sticky formula, but I am actually okay with that. I LOVE the smell of them and the colour is just fantastic. I think you should try the trio set to see what you love. It is so worth it. They look so beautiful on your lips

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought a set of 8 from Asos and I'm really liking them. I paid about AUS$26 for the 8 which works out at a little over $3 each. For that price I think that they are fantastic!

I don't mind the twist-up applicator. It takes a fair few twists to get going but if you twist while you are looking down the barrel of the brush you can see when the colour starts to push up the stem. I've not had a problem so far with getting too much/too little of the product. I kind of like the twist-up & brush compared to other lip glosses with the sponge applicator or straight from a tube as I think it's a bit more hygenic and less messy.

I prefer the darker colours in the set ie Fantasy, Starfruit, Believe. But with such variety, I'm sure I'll find a use for all of them. I really like the texture too. I find it long lasting and it is not a sticky gloss. On a scale of 1 (being not sticky like a lipstick) to 10 (it glues my lips shut) I'd rate this about a 5. It's light and I can feel it on my lips but it's not too shiny or sticky or gluggy.

I said that I'd buy it again but really I'd probably only buy it again if it came in a similar set for such a good price. It's a good lip gloss but it wouldn't be worth $20-30 for a tube. I don't think I'd pay that for any gloss :)

on 11/28/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip gloss a lot, but it does have its flaws. I feel like with lip gloss you either get a smooth non-sticky formula that disappears as soon as you put it on or something that lasts but is very sticky. This is the latter, but I love the colour and shine and the fact that you don't have to reapply every five seconds. I got this in Strawberry, which is a lovely red pink shade. It was $29 from ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/sbysSN which is pricey for lip gloss...but I just think of it as a lipstick alternative. I would repurchase this and use it as a replacement for all my other random glosses.

on 10/14/2011 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Got this from à swap and I am happy I did. THE colour and texture are very good and staying power is ok too. Although quite sticky. But it tastes horrible ! And it works awfull as well if you have your hands full you cannot apply it as you have to turn it. I Will stick to my chanel glossimer. Colour of THE stila glaze in amaretto is great though but THE plastic taste does not make up for that.