Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.0

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the colour "blood orange" (which is self-explanatory) and I am IN LOVE with the colour, since I find that red glosses are a nice way to still go red on days when I just don't feel like keeping up with a red lip. The gloss is a bit sticky, but I don't mind the way it feels. It smells like strawberries, and the product is generally good -- and for $8? Not too bad.

That being said, the only word I can describe the packaging with is, "embarrassing." I really hate having to reapply this, because you have to click the stupid pen thirty times, and the "paintbrush" sort of configuration is just generically stupid.

Love love love the gloss, hate hate hate the packaging.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

My Ulta was having a 3 for $15 deal on the smaller lip glazes from Stila, so my mom picked one (Shortcake) and I picked two (Banana Berry and Peaches&Cream). They are a good price I think, and the packaging is so so. Too much can come out if you're not REALLY careful when twisting it, which gets annoying. Also, they're pretty sticky on my lips, which I hate. But the color is so nice that to me it's sort of worth it.

Comes in a lot of colors. I received a set of about 10 as a gift, so I have tried many colors. Some are way too light and frosty looking, others are nice with a medium amount of subtle color. This is your average sticky gloss but for a higher than average price.

on 5/2/2012 4:22:00 PM

These are my favourite everyday lip glosses. I have Mulberry and the Live from the Red Carper collection and they are all amazing.
I love the silky texture and sultry shine, they just look so classy... They are also quite resistant and not too sticky.
I also love the packaging and the applicator is great an allows very good precision.
I know when bought one by one they are expensive but if you get then in sets or multipacks they are much better priced.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down, the best gloss out there.
Been using 'Berry' for over 10 years and people will still ask me what gloss I'm wearing. It's so shiny and lasts and lasts.

My heart broke a few years back when they discontinued 'Fig'. The best pink gloss I ever had--still can't find a replacement for that. :(

Sticky factor scale from 1 to 5:

on 8/27/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excuse me while I sell my soul to these lip glosses....

I don't know why I love these so much, especially given all they lack. Let's start with the cons: they're super sticky, very sheer, and incredibly expensive given how little product you actually get. Wear time on me is about 2 hours. Finally, I hate the applicator. I don't think the plastic-y brush and twist-up dispenser do this product any favors.

However, I still really, really like them. They are the kind of sticky where, even though your hair gets stuck, it doesn't come away slimy. They don't leave a residue or anything, they simply stick to your lips...which I appreciate. And I do like the fact that they are sheer, because I like to wear them over lipsticks, not alone. I like the hint of color and the mega shine as they lend to make any lipstick I put on pop. Being sheer works in their favor in this sense, because I can match the three lip glazes I have (Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin) with just about any lipstick in my collection.

It sucks that they don't last longer on my lips because that means I go through them much faster than I'd like, and given the insanely high cost of each, that can get expensive.

Even though it might not make any sense, I would re-buy. I cannot put my finger on why--it's just one of those products that I inexplicably love.

Sticky. This has got to be the worst stuff I've ever tried. Very goopy and made my lips stick together. Won't buy again.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Very expensive for a very average lipgloss. Other then the packaging and scents, the formula is very similar to many of the other glosses on the market.