Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Black
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.2

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

I got this lip galze (kitten )in the set. I was excited to use it but it is really sticky on my lips and makes my lips patchy. I am not a fan of lip glosses at all and this makes me hate to lip glosses more. I like MAC creme sheen lip glasses though ( so far the only one i like ) will not purchase this sticky ones individually. No.

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

So I bought this in the colour Strawberry, which I love. It goes on a lovely sheer pinkish-red and smells like strawberries (not the fake plastic smelling type. It's very fruity and delicious). It is expensive at $29 CAD but I think it's worth it. You don't need much product as a little goes a long way. It goes on smoothly and hydrates my lips. While it's not as long lasting as my regular lip balms (this one lasts around 2 hours), I like to layer a lip balm over top whenever they start to feel dry. The packaging is nice, it comes in a penlike tube with a twist at the bottom. When you twist it you can hear a very clear 'click'. It takes about 30-40 clicks to get the product going but once you use it it only takes about 3-4 clicks. Learn from my mistakes as I twisted the bottom too much and so much product came out! I would definitely repurchase, even though it's a little bit expensive. I just love the colour, the smell and the smoothness of it! It's hardly even sticky, which is fantastic too!

on 12/14/2012 1:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I got the plum shade along with 2 others as a gift from my mom's friend who lives in usa. When i twisted the packaging for the first time, i was quiet confused, "why the product wont show up?" i was impatient and twisted it too hard and suddenly... I Made such a big mess. That was my experience on how bad is the packaging, but it has got a good brush applicator though.
The shades i got:
- blackberry : it appears to be reddish purple on the packaging, but it turns to a lovely shade of purple with a very sexy sheen. This shade has no glitter.
- plum fairy : this is the first color i have ever tried :) it is somehow glittery and shiny, and i love its lovely pink color. I have been using this shade quiet a while :D
- Tangerine : i never used this shade because it makes my skin tone looks more pale and it looks too shiny since it has a very light orange color. And it has TOO MUCH GLITTER so my lips feel like a disco ball.
NB: Both blackberry and plum fairy Has a sweet scent and they can freshen up my face weven though i dont use any foundation at all :) unlike the Tangerine one, this one has an artificial scent ._. but anyway three of them are highly moisturising although they are really sticky :)

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

These are so pretty and they smell AMAZING! The colors are beautiful.......... sometimes I can't stop staring at my lips in the mirror once I've put them on. They are quite sticky and the glittery ones feel very grainy at times, but the colors are beautiful. I got like 9 of these or something from a holiday pack that my friend got me and they're cute. The twist up packaging only takes one time to get used to, and it's fun brushing on the product. But if you plan to put this over lipstick, be sure to get the product on your finger first, then dab it on. Applying this directly onto your lipsticked-lip would transfer lipstick onto the brush.... But yeah! The scents that come with each glaze are unique (some are vanilla-scented, cake-scented, fruity, etc...), and the overall effect is pretty!

I love these lip glazes! These are on the sticky side but that's what makes it very moisturising on the lips. My lips are instantly plumped and young looking once applied, and I feel like my lips are at their sexiest with it. No dry-and-cracked-lips look at all when you wear this. The shine is unbeatable and I love the color pay-off! I prefer the non-shimmer colors. I didn't have too much issue with the packaging, you'll have to twist it several times when it's brand new, then after that you'll get used to it and be able to get the product out with just 1 twist. Its brush tip also makes the gloss apply smoothly, in my opinion it's very convenient to tote in your bag. I recommend these glosses if you want your lips to standout :)

I own a whole collection of Stila's lip glazes because I like the consistency and the shimmers in the gloss are so darn flattering on lips. I wish it can plump my lips too, but it's overall a great product. Although a little pricey, I can't seem to resist them!

on 3/10/2010 10:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

I got a Christmas set of these from Sephora that featured 6 colors. I like the pen style packaging to an extent (although sometimes it seems to take several clicks for the product to come up through the brush, even after several uses), but the fact that seemingly little product is housed in comparison to the size of the packaging makes me wonder if that is the reason the full-sized glosses are as costly as they are. (Perhaps not, but at a glance, it does seem the mechanics of the pen versus the amount of product doesn't quite balance to me.) The glosses themselves are moderately sticky (if you're a gloss person, they're not bad at all, really), not drying, and last a good amount of time. I didn't notice a scent with the Brown Sugar or Raisin colors (the first two I used), so I was wondering if it was just my imagination that Vanilla was vanilla-scented (until using the remaining glosses and finding them scented as well: Apricot, Grapefruit, and Gumdrop). I liked all of these scents, they were light but pleasant.

I'd have to say the complaints I have are somewhat minor. Gumdrop, Apricot, and Vanilla were very sheer on bare lips, though they provided some sheen, and just a hint of color, although they worked well over lipsticks. The other darker/brighter colors (Brown Sugar, Raisin, and Gumdrop) were still fairly sheer compared to what I expected from the color in the tube, though. I enjoyed using this set, but I don't find the glosses to be amazing enough to purchase full sized, especially when I have far too many glosses to go through as it is. :)

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The stickiness of these glosses do not bother me. However, I never cared for the brush/pen applicator. I feel the quality of these glosses are mediocre and overpriced. I definitely would not repurchase.

on 6/10/2009 11:21:00 AM

I do love the lip glazes, as they staying power is great and the smell of the glosses is gorgeous but I just cannot stand the applicator! It takes too many clicks for even a tiny amount of product to reveal itself and I just don't have the time to be standing around waiting for it! The gloss is rather sticky - not the best choice for breezy weather and hair all the place! But I will buy again, as I think the gloss is good, with nice colours.