Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.0

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Got this in the shade Mango as a freebie from Stila. I wear this over my lip ink from Chanel. Quite a neutral color but the branding aside, nothing one couldn't buy in any high street chemist.
Very sticky so not great in hot weather

on 12/27/2015 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Ive just received this product but so far im impressed with the color range, really pretty colors. but the gloss leaves a really sticky finish which is disappointing because they are quite pricey for one! the colors arnt as bright as i hoped either.

on 11/19/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a pretty neat lip gloss. I have this in Orchard as well as a few other colors that came in a kit I bought after Christmas 2013 when everything went on sale. I love the shimmer this specific color has. It is certainly one of my favorite lip glosses out there and it seems to have better staying power than a lot of other glosses. I guess I'm just not a big lip gloss fan--this is quite tacky and sticky. I won't buy more but I will wear it occasionally when my lips need a change.

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the color range of this product, so much variety! However, I have several gripes with the packaging. I do not like the twist product out method, it is messy and product gets all over the lid. Come on, Stila. The lipglazes all look beautiful on, mind you they are somewhat sticky (don't mind it too much) Will repurchase them at if at super afforadble prices. Still slighty iffy...

on 7/12/2013 10:59:00 AM

These are the thickest and stickiest lip glosses I have ever used. They feel so heavy on the lips and I hate it.

on 12/13/2012 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I posted a full review of Kaledioscope, Grapefruit, Apricot, and Starfruit on my blog (each one has a different colour and scent so it's hard to generalize):

Overall, I wold say this product is moisturizing, and long lasting!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this at Ulta, It had a cool design and the color (Melon) Seemed my type, So i tried it, The first time i put it on i loved it! stays on for a while too(:

on 6/11/2012 3:43:00 PM

I like these glosses!! they are perfect for summer time.. well i guess any time! they always have great colors/ flavors to choose from.. and the "sample" sizes are perfect for me... they are the size of an elf one of this type.. the regular size ones are MUCH bigger and even better! they have pleasant scent, color payoff, although they tend to be a bit sticky, but I never mind that! I actually kind of like those types of glosses.. they last a while... I'd say 2 hours tops.. but with gloss, it is going to come off that is just their nature! will get more!

on 2/25/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lip gloss has really grown on me. At first I hated it. It was sticky, gloopy, and when it came out of the container either too much came out or too little. Because I didn't want to throw it way because it smelled nice and the color was pretty. I threw it into my everyday makeup bag.

Long story short, I like it very much. Its not by any means my favorite gloss, but its up there. I most likely won't repurchase because of the price (then again this came free in a gift set). But if someone gives it to me or it comes in another set I won't be disappointed.

As for the portion control, it need a lot of clicks the first time and two or three after that. I apply a very small amount as it is very sticky, but it wears a really long time. It has its pros and cons but this is a product that has to already appeal to you or grow on you. Like an acquired taste.