Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Medium
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.3

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not impressed at all.
I found these to be fairly sticky and did not last long on the lips.
Seemed like typical cheap lipgloss except this has a large price tag for what it is.
I have literally had better that I have paid a dollar for.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As others have mentioned, you have to twist this quite a bit to dispense the gloss and it makes irritating click sounds at each turn. I find the brush applicator leaves the product streaky on my lips, and it is sticky.

I admittedly don't like glosses in the first place, but I think this may be too much hassle even for someone who does like gloss.

If you don't like sticky products on your lips then don't go near these. Stop reading and just move on.

If you have long hair that billows around your face like in a 'Head and Shoulders' advertisement- watch out- your dandruff free hair may end up sticking to your lips making you can look like Cousin It.

These are rather interesting. If you can move past the stickiness, the colors are beautiful and there is high shine. They are nice layered over a boring matte lipstick.
The product stays on my lips for about 2 hours and is relatively moisturizing. I kind of like the twisty system. I don't know if they are value for money as they are suspiciously easy to use up- but I don't care as I like using things up.

on 4/29/2012 12:31:00 PM

Great lip gloss over, lipstick. I would recommend it because they have many color selections. And they aren't too sticky compared to other lip glosses.

I love these lip glazes! These are on the sticky side but that's what makes it very moisturising on the lips. My lips are instantly plumped and young looking once applied, and I feel like my lips are at their sexiest with it. No dry-and-cracked-lips look at all when you wear this. The shine is unbeatable and I love the color pay-off! I prefer the non-shimmer colors. I didn't have too much issue with the packaging, you'll have to twist it several times when it's brand new, then after that you'll get used to it and be able to get the product out with just 1 twist. Its brush tip also makes the gloss apply smoothly, in my opinion it's very convenient to tote in your bag. I recommend these glosses if you want your lips to standout :)

on 3/20/2012 5:46:00 PM

I bought the gift set that had several different colors in the box. I love this lip gloss. It is a little annoying at first because you have to twist the end quite a few times to get it to come out. Once you get used to it, you'll know how many times to click it to get the right amount. I like the colors especially Kitten (I wear with nude lipstick) and Believe (I wear with red/berry lipstick).

on 11/28/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip gloss a lot, but it does have its flaws. I feel like with lip gloss you either get a smooth non-sticky formula that disappears as soon as you put it on or something that lasts but is very sticky. This is the latter, but I love the colour and shine and the fact that you don't have to reapply every five seconds. I got this in Strawberry, which is a lovely red pink shade. It was $29 from ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/sbysSN which is pricey for lip gloss...but I just think of it as a lipstick alternative. I would repurchase this and use it as a replacement for all my other random glosses.

on 9/25/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the Stila Lip Glaze Trio today after being inspired by so many YouTube reviews that have nothing bad to say about them. I usually don't wear lip gloss or lip colour of any kind, so this was sort of my first foray into glosses in a long time. I find that with my skin tone it's hard to find colours that look good on my lips, so I was looking for something sheer and not too vibrant.

I bought the "cool" trio that comes with Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin. I have to say, I LOVE the colour of them all! Seashell is the best for daytime use, but Grapefruit isn't bad either (I thought I'd hate it because of the light pink colour, but it's actually not bad at all).

For those who say they aren't sticky, I disagree. The gloss definitely sits heavy on the lips and seems very sticky, but because of this it is long-lasting and doesn't come off easily (even when trying to wipe it off, I find). That said, I find that if I put on lip balm and then the gloss over top, it's not so bad.

I am not a huge fan of the flavours. I'm 25, not 5... the Watermelon specifically is kind of gross, but I don't mind the Seashell at all. All in all, they're a little expensive, but I was surprised that I liked the colours so much, so I'd consider buying them again if I can't find a cheaper alternative that I like as much. The packaging also leaves a lot to be desired, it's easy to waste product with the twist system and I was surprised with how little comes in the tube to begin with.

Just a note (for Canadians), Sephora seems to be chronically sold out of the trios, but they have both the warm and cool sets at Urban Outfitters! I was surprised. And they're $2 cheaper than at Sephora.

on 8/27/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excuse me while I sell my soul to these lip glosses....

I don't know why I love these so much, especially given all they lack. Let's start with the cons: they're super sticky, very sheer, and incredibly expensive given how little product you actually get. Wear time on me is about 2 hours. Finally, I hate the applicator. I don't think the plastic-y brush and twist-up dispenser do this product any favors.

However, I still really, really like them. They are the kind of sticky where, even though your hair gets stuck, it doesn't come away slimy. They don't leave a residue or anything, they simply stick to your lips...which I appreciate. And I do like the fact that they are sheer, because I like to wear them over lipsticks, not alone. I like the hint of color and the mega shine as they lend to make any lipstick I put on pop. Being sheer works in their favor in this sense, because I can match the three lip glazes I have (Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin) with just about any lipstick in my collection.

It sucks that they don't last longer on my lips because that means I go through them much faster than I'd like, and given the insanely high cost of each, that can get expensive.

Even though it might not make any sense, I would re-buy. I cannot put my finger on why--it's just one of those products that I inexplicably love.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love-hate relationship with these glosses. They would be perfect if they weren't so sheer. I keep going back to these glosses since they last long, shiny, and wearable. Most people complain about these glosses for their price, but you can always buy them cheaper online or wait for a deal at Sephora or Ulta. I should just stick with MAC since at least you can see color when you apply.