Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Curly
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 4/28/2014 9:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I bought this in the colour "blood orange" (which is self-explanatory) and I am IN LOVE with the colour, since I find that red glosses are a nice way to still go red on days when I just don't feel like keeping up with a red lip. The gloss is a bit sticky, but I don't mind the way it feels. It smells like strawberries, and the product is generally good -- and for $8? Not too bad.

That being said, the only word I can describe the packaging with is, "embarrassing." I really hate having to reapply this, because you have to click the stupid pen thirty times, and the "paintbrush" sort of configuration is just generically stupid.

Love love love the gloss, hate hate hate the packaging.

on 12/13/2012 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I posted a full review of Kaledioscope, Grapefruit, Apricot, and Starfruit on my blog (each one has a different colour and scent so it's hard to generalize):

Overall, I wold say this product is moisturizing, and long lasting!

on 2/25/2012 11:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This lip gloss has really grown on me. At first I hated it. It was sticky, gloopy, and when it came out of the container either too much came out or too little. Because I didn't want to throw it way because it smelled nice and the color was pretty. I threw it into my everyday makeup bag.

Long story short, I like it very much. Its not by any means my favorite gloss, but its up there. I most likely won't repurchase because of the price (then again this came free in a gift set). But if someone gives it to me or it comes in another set I won't be disappointed.

As for the portion control, it need a lot of clicks the first time and two or three after that. I apply a very small amount as it is very sticky, but it wears a really long time. It has its pros and cons but this is a product that has to already appeal to you or grow on you. Like an acquired taste.

on 1/15/2012 8:48:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I think I am a little late trying these but better late than never I guess. I really wish I would have tried these sooner because I really like them. The colors are a little sheer so it gives your lips some color but still lets your lip color shine through a little so I feel like they are my my lips...just better. They are a little shiny when first applied but end up truly looking like a pretty glaze on your lips instead of gloss. The finish is soo pretty but hard to explain. I don't feel like other lip gloss or glazes I have tried give the same finish. It truly is beautiful. They are sticky but I actually like that since that means they stay on my lips longer. Most stay on my lips around 3 hours which is good...although I must admit mac lip gloss stays on a little longer...but mac is also a little sticker. I like the brush applicator but could loose the plastic clicky thing to despense it on the bottom. Overall, I would definitely buy this product again. I just wish it wasn't so expensive..if I ever find dupes I would gladly switch but until then...I love stila lip glaze!

on 9/25/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the Stila Lip Glaze Trio today after being inspired by so many YouTube reviews that have nothing bad to say about them. I usually don't wear lip gloss or lip colour of any kind, so this was sort of my first foray into glosses in a long time. I find that with my skin tone it's hard to find colours that look good on my lips, so I was looking for something sheer and not too vibrant.

I bought the "cool" trio that comes with Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin. I have to say, I LOVE the colour of them all! Seashell is the best for daytime use, but Grapefruit isn't bad either (I thought I'd hate it because of the light pink colour, but it's actually not bad at all).

For those who say they aren't sticky, I disagree. The gloss definitely sits heavy on the lips and seems very sticky, but because of this it is long-lasting and doesn't come off easily (even when trying to wipe it off, I find). That said, I find that if I put on lip balm and then the gloss over top, it's not so bad.

I am not a huge fan of the flavours. I'm 25, not 5... the Watermelon specifically is kind of gross, but I don't mind the Seashell at all. All in all, they're a little expensive, but I was surprised that I liked the colours so much, so I'd consider buying them again if I can't find a cheaper alternative that I like as much. The packaging also leaves a lot to be desired, it's easy to waste product with the twist system and I was surprised with how little comes in the tube to begin with.

Just a note (for Canadians), Sephora seems to be chronically sold out of the trios, but they have both the warm and cool sets at Urban Outfitters! I was surprised. And they're $2 cheaper than at Sephora.

on 2/25/2011 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Just a quick comment about Stila lipglazes. Yes, they provide a beautiful shine and they smell wonderful but I have to say, this lipgloss went rancid on me faster than any I've ever owned! It went so bad so fast that it was unwearable. And at the price I paid that is just not acceptable. I love stila eyeshadows but I will never purchase another lipglaze.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I like these, however, the click applicator is annoying and there is not a lot of product. The product itself does not go on smoothly for me, and some of them are incredibly shimmery and gritty.

Other than those things (haha) they are not horrible glazes/glosses. I like the sets and I'll continue to purchase the value sets for variety.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I think that Stila lip glazes are overrated. They are so expensive, and there is not a lot of product. They are really sticky. I wouldn't say that I hate them though. If someone gave me one or I found them super cheap I'd go for it, but not at this price. Actually, the price is what my biggest problem is with them. I also find the packaging a little gimmicky for my taste.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wish there was a maybe button instead of yes/no. I like these for a sheer gloss, although as many have mentioned, they are pretty sticky. I really like the applicator, I like brushing the gloss on as it gives more control and mostly prefer a sheer gloss. Overall though, not worth full price. I find there is no staying power and in my mind that was the payoff for a sticky gloss. I put up with the overly sticky and it stays on. I do still use these sometimes when I want to add a sheer gloss without too much color, but probably will not buy again. (I got a trio of minis)

on 1/18/2010 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

The stickiness of these glosses do not bother me. However, I never cared for the brush/pen applicator. I feel the quality of these glosses are mediocre and overpriced. I definitely would not repurchase.