Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Straight age: 30-35
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

2.8

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

Sticky. This has got to be the worst stuff I've ever tried. Very goopy and made my lips stick together. Won't buy again.

on 3/18/2010 1:27:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

honesty, I do love the packaging. It's really convenient to have a lip brush + color in one. The problem is the taste. It tastes really cheap - like made in china lipstick at a discount store. For the price, I expected more. It lasts just as long as any other lip gloss - meaning you'd have to reapply on the hour.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

This was the first Stila lip product I'd ever tried, and it will definitely be the last. Too thick and too sticky, it just sits on your lips like a layer of melted plastic. The smell is horrible. I looked at it on in a mirror and the look on my face from the smell was hilarious. I'm guessing that different colors have different scents but if they'll let this go out smelling like that than I wouldn't take any chances with any of the others. I received this free from work and I can't imagine paying $20+ for it. If they offered me another free one I'd throw it in the trash.

on 10/24/2009 2:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

I'm not overly fond of sticky lipglosses but I do occasionally want a really glossy look.

Lipglazes for me are just too sheer to be bothered with. I've had much cheaper glosses give a shiny look to my lips. There isn't enough pigmentation or lasting power for me to want to bother with the lip glazes.

So now, when I want a shiny looking lipgloss I use UD ultraglide which feel nicer, and IMO have better pigmentation and wear better.

I have a double-ended lip glaze from Stila. It was a gift to me several years ago. One side is the color, Guava and the other side is Mulberry. Both shades are pretty, but I absolutely adore Gauva! It is a sheer, pinkish mauve shade. The tube that I have doesn't have the brush applicator that is shown in the pictures, so ,my rating is based on the older version that I have. I am ecstatic that Guava is listed on Sephora's website as an available shade! I would like to try it with the brush-style wand to see how I like it compared to the one that I am used to. I don't wear lipstick, as my lips are rather pigmented and my skin is fair. I love lip gloss though and many of my favorites are discontinued. I like the following in a lip gloss: high shine, sheer/clear or a slight tint, a bit of shimmer, pleasant scent or unscented and a nice smooth consistency. This gloss has all of that minus the shimmer. It is not "flat" and it really compliments my skin tone nicely. I must admit that I am rather turned off my the price of $22.00 USD for Stila's Lip glaze. Since I have so many glosses and I always like to try new ones, I don't like to spend more than $10-$15 dollars for lip gloss. On the other hand, I have only found two other lip glosses that have this sort of perfect color for me...so, it may be worth it. Great product, nice quality and for any fair-skinned ladies that like a lip gloss with just a touch of beautiful color, I would recommend this!

on 6/7/2008 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I would have given these lip glazes an overall rating of 5, but the expense ($22) is a little outrageous. With that out of the way - I LOVE these lip glazes, they stay on fairly well and are quite buildable ---going from a sheer wash with one application to something more vibrant and glossy with a couple of applications.

I really love the design of the click pen and brush because I am so tired of glosses that come in a pot that are applied with your finger. These are much more hygienic and you don't end up with 'gloss finger!'

I bought my first one in Guava which is a beautiful coral pinkish shade, the others I got in smaller sizes as part of the Stila Lip Glaze set which I believe they only sell around holiday time --- this is definitely the way to go though, as you get much more bang for your buck. Plus you get to try many more colors for a fraction of the price.

The other colors I like are:
Grapefruit
Apricot
Starfruit
Papaya

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I was excited when I tried my first one, and then I bought one and the thing was mostly sheer. I realize I can save my money and just buy Bonnnie Bell. I do love my Strawberry Lip Glaze, but I'll save my money on the rest. The product also comes out so slow and then you click once more and, more times then not, too much is out. It's definitely not worth $20.00. And, the amount is so small.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I got this as a sample in watermelon scent. A very sheer pink with a high luster shine. Goes on thick and feels a little tacky, but I like how it looks on. The sheer pink and high gloss really enhance my natural lip color. The scent is mild and you can smell a hint of that plasticky smell some lip glosses have.