Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 12/27/2015 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Ive just received this product but so far im impressed with the color range, really pretty colors. but the gloss leaves a really sticky finish which is disappointing because they are quite pricey for one! the colors arnt as bright as i hoped either.

on 4/8/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very sticky and very sheer. But, I love these! They last a very long time on me. I can drink and eat... they're still around. My favorite way to wear them would be over other lip sticks and liners. They give a super glossy and dewy look to the lips.

But, if you hate the feel of heavy and sticky glosses I would avoid these. I personally, adore a sticky gloss because they look better and last longer. I'm so used to them, it's not even a bother anymore.

However, the biggest negative is that they are scented. Stila attempts to correlate the scent to the name (mango smells like mangoes, kitten smells like kittens... hehe, kidding about that one), but that just leaves us with artificial scents, like fake synthetic mangoes, grapefruits and strawberries.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As others have mentioned, you have to twist this quite a bit to dispense the gloss and it makes irritating click sounds at each turn. I find the brush applicator leaves the product streaky on my lips, and it is sticky.

I admittedly don't like glosses in the first place, but I think this may be too much hassle even for someone who does like gloss.

on 11/19/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a pretty neat lip gloss. I have this in Orchard as well as a few other colors that came in a kit I bought after Christmas 2013 when everything went on sale. I love the shimmer this specific color has. It is certainly one of my favorite lip glosses out there and it seems to have better staying power than a lot of other glosses. I guess I'm just not a big lip gloss fan--this is quite tacky and sticky. I won't buy more but I will wear it occasionally when my lips need a change.

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoyed this gloss. All the stila lip glazes smell like their names. I think this is really cool! Haha, anyway I got a whole pack of these lip glazes for Christmas and I love them! They all apply nicely because they have brush tips, and they smell amazing of course. I just wish these could be a little more pigmented and not be so expensive because you aren't getting that much in one tube.

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the color range of this product, so much variety! However, I have several gripes with the packaging. I do not like the twist product out method, it is messy and product gets all over the lid. Come on, Stila. The lipglazes all look beautiful on, mind you they are somewhat sticky (don't mind it too much) Will repurchase them at if at super afforadble prices. Still slighty iffy...