Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Other
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.4

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Got this in the shade Mango as a freebie from Stila. I wear this over my lip ink from Chanel. Quite a neutral color but the branding aside, nothing one couldn't buy in any high street chemist.
Very sticky so not great in hot weather

on 4/22/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just toooo sticky. The color showed up way more than I expected though, and it seems to be long lasting, it lasts over meals and drinks but I just can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lips and I can't even get the gloss off of my hair.

These are some of my favorite lipglosses (besides MAC lipglass & VS Beauty Rush being my others I consider favorites & own many of). I am wearing Glint right now from the Holiday 2014 set which was $35 clearanced off of sephora. The good thing about stila is that you can find it on sale if you look at Ulta or Sephora but you can never be exactly sure when so as a Stila "collector" I just check every so often or ask an SA & sometimes I can score some pretty nifty stuff! I love the colors that Stila comes up with, they are neutral & not loud nor bright nor garish most of the time & the quality is gr8! The lip glazes do go bad after awhile so this isn't something you want to be going to buy 3 back ups of coz they will taste/smell turn'd after you've had them for awhile (at least a year usually!). I love their subdued earthen neutral muted color wheel sort of "palette" [color concept] from Stila, these colors are ones I love! Lip glazes are thick & sticky which gives them good staying power & the lip brush is a neat idea. I love the flavor/scents, some are more shimmery/glittery than others & my favorite of course being Kitten (I mean who doesn't love Kitten!?). I consider Stila to be HE makeup for its prices principally but also for quality. I "think" that Stila is so much better than of the DS makeup I have & I don't know if i consider myself a makeup snob necessarily ...these lip glazes are top notch quality. I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product. I've got so much makeup it's borderline crazy-stupid, but Stila makes me happii so I don't mind. The lip glazes are one of Stila's best products. They are very shiny ("glossy") & the reason why is because they are more sticky than oily. I find the lip glaze to be a unique product, it's just different & innovative from anything out there from packaging to the texture/flavor combos just def worth splurging on if you are a gloss chic or like neutrals. These are very moisturizing to the lips also.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love these, as a gloss junkie they are everything I look for in a gloss, great color, long lasting and high shine. They look expensive and pretty on the lip, not cheap or childish like many glosses can look. On a "sticky scale" I give them a 7 (0 being water and 10 being honey). The color selections are really great, I have the deep red wine as well as many of the nude/pink shades and get compliments all the time how nice it looks. I would say if I put this on around 8am, I don't need to reapply until about 12 or so.

on 4/22/2012 3:07:00 PM

thought I would try this lipgloss out so I bought it at Sephora. A bit pricey for the amount you get.The color I have is Mulberry a nice sheer mauvy color to wear over neutral/nude lipsticks.Not sticky or heavy, I still wouldn't buy again because of the price. there are other comparable lipglosses out there for less. ELF lipglosses for inststance.

on 11/28/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip gloss a lot, but it does have its flaws. I feel like with lip gloss you either get a smooth non-sticky formula that disappears as soon as you put it on or something that lasts but is very sticky. This is the latter, but I love the colour and shine and the fact that you don't have to reapply every five seconds. I got this in Strawberry, which is a lovely red pink shade. It was $29 from ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/sbysSN which is pricey for lip gloss...but I just think of it as a lipstick alternative. I would repurchase this and use it as a replacement for all my other random glosses.

on 2/20/2011 2:18:00 AM

The size of this lipgloss really disguises the actual AMOUNT OF PRODUCT you get....which is about one third of the lenght of the entire package. Second: because of the applicator, a lot of the product tends to get wasted because aside from too much coming out at once after you keep "clicking", it seems to start leaking sometimes, so i store it standing up just to prevent the spontanious oozing.
The scent of this is weird IMO. not bad, not good, just smells like...makeup. The formula is semi sticky and medium thick. The shine is very nice, it glides on smoothly and it's pretty moisturizing- I applied it over my super chapped lips and it looked smooth and felt very comfortable.

that being said, it is not my lip gloss of choice. it's not horrible, but I wouldn't recommend it or repurchase it

on 1/10/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

The key to using these is to look straight down on the brush while you click. You'll see the initial color rush when it hits the clean brush. Then as you use it you will see the inner bore of the bristles increase as the gloss pumps up, you'll quickly learn how to judge how many clicks is enough. It's not rocket science, just practice and watching the right part of the applicator.

I got a set of these for christmas and i really like them! however, they are fairly sticky, which i dont mind, but if you dont like that then i recommend not buying this. also, they come in colors that are really pretty.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I like this lip glaze, but not enough to pay $22 for a full size. I will only get these lip glazes if they are in a set. I bought the holiday set for 2010 and love it. Of course the glazes are sheerer than they appear but thats alright with me, its easy enough to wear them over lip stick if I want a deeper color. The smell is fantastic and that's my favorite part of the glazes. They are sticky but I find that this helps them last longer, I just have to be careful of not wearing it with my hair down. Because its sticky it probably wouldn't be the best with a doefoot applicator but the clickpen is pretty annoying. I always click in threes, wait a few seconds then click again, usually the second time product comes out.

Bottom line: love the lip glaze but I would only buy it if it was in a set or discounted because I don't have money to throw around like that.