Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium age: 30-35
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.4

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

The product is okay but, honestly, I will never buy this gloss because of the packaging. I'm not a huge gloss person to start with but I received a gift set of three for my birthday from a family member. The gloss is sticky and I like that it stays on longer than the average cheap gloss. Color is great.

I can't get over the twisty paintbrush application. Yesterday I twisted the base a thousand times and could hardly get enough product out to apply a coat! Today when I went to use it I huge glob came out and I had to blot my lips!

Nice product but I think I can find a better option with easier application.

on 7/20/2014 11:37:00 AM

I have about a dozen of these. They leave a nice wash of color and just the right amount of shine to wear to work. I can make it several hours without having to reapply, if I don't eat a heavy lunch.

These are a glaze. Sticky, not full on color opaque, and not moisturizing. So if those are turn offs to a lippy, no matter how beautiful they are in the store they will be a huge let down for you. If you don't mind the sticky and a more muted look these are fantastic, perfect for the office where a bright bold lip is frowned upon. It's not to say that these are not pigmented, they are. They just won't be as bold as say MAC or Too Faced.

My only complaint about the packaging is how much you have to twist the first time you use it. I got annoyed after a few moments and went hog wild. So much mess :(

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

on 5/2/2012 4:22:00 PM

These are my favourite everyday lip glosses. I have Mulberry and the Live from the Red Carper collection and they are all amazing.
I love the silky texture and sultry shine, they just look so classy... They are also quite resistant and not too sticky.
I also love the packaging and the applicator is great an allows very good precision.
I know when bought one by one they are expensive but if you get then in sets or multipacks they are much better priced.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is not my favorite gloss. I tend to find it overly sticky and due to the packaging I am never able to get the right amount of gloss out. I always get way to little or too much, usually too much. I do like that most of these glosses look more like glossy lipstick then sheer gloss and the color blends well on the lips. I also feel its a tad pricey for a lip gloss that does not feel good or apply smoother on my lips. This would not be my go to gloss due to the way it feels on my lips, but I would purchase if intrigued my a specific color.

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I wish there was a maybe button instead of yes/no. I like these for a sheer gloss, although as many have mentioned, they are pretty sticky. I really like the applicator, I like brushing the gloss on as it gives more control and mostly prefer a sheer gloss. Overall though, not worth full price. I find there is no staying power and in my mind that was the payoff for a sticky gloss. I put up with the overly sticky and it stays on. I do still use these sometimes when I want to add a sheer gloss without too much color, but probably will not buy again. (I got a trio of minis)

on 1/14/2010 4:30:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought the holiday lip glaze collection and find that the glazes with glitter BURN my lips very badly. i tried applying lip balm on my lips first and applied the lip glaze and the burning seeps through. very sad since the colors are beautiful but not worth it in my opinion.

on 1/8/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these. I don't find it really sticky among the "sticky" gloss category, and they last well on me. I like the sheerness of the gloss, as I have good lips and prefer sheer, but I wish they came out with less shimmery shades in their regular line-up. The non-shimmery shades are very smooth. Mainly, I love the applicator, especially the full-sized ones. Covers a large area in one swipe. These are especially good for warmer climates, as they are hygienic and don't melt away in the summer heat. But I wear them all year round for shiny, but not gaudy lips. I don't find them either drying or moisturizing.