Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Acne-prone
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

2.9

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

on 12/13/2012 1:19:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I posted a full review of Kaledioscope, Grapefruit, Apricot, and Starfruit on my blog (each one has a different colour and scent so it's hard to generalize):

Overall, I wold say this product is moisturizing, and long lasting!

on 1/9/2012 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

a waste of money.. it comes in a pen form so by the time you turn the dials 50 times to break open the seal you dont know how much is gonna come out. $28 bucks a pure waste of money and i dont know why they have to add fruit flavours to lipglosses.. its synthetic.. it also does not last long.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

First of all they all smell super delicious! They are very sheer so they don't give off a lot of color.I don't think there sticky at all.I hate how there isn't a lot of product in it. The packaging is cute but its annoying.At the bottom you have to twist it and its kinda noisy.Its awkward.But I would re-purchase!

on 9/6/2011 4:57:00 PM

i love all the shades. its too bad theyre so sticky and drying. theyre ridiculously sticky. its scary how sticky they are. its just a gross texture. but like i said, the shades are so pretty, so its too bad i dont like them.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love-hate relationship with these glosses. They would be perfect if they weren't so sheer. I keep going back to these glosses since they last long, shiny, and wearable. Most people complain about these glosses for their price, but you can always buy them cheaper online or wait for a deal at Sephora or Ulta. I should just stick with MAC since at least you can see color when you apply.

Sticky. This has got to be the worst stuff I've ever tried. Very goopy and made my lips stick together. Won't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

The Stila Lip Glaze Color Set:
Colors: kitten, guava, grapefruit, apricot, and 4 limited edition ones: merry merry, seashell, blush, majesty.
I wanted to try these lip glazes out since a youtuber I like raved about them and this set of 8 was only $25. Even if it turned out that I didn't like them I could swap unused ones with a friend, so it was a great deal!

I tried 5 of these lip glazes so far (both alone and over lipstick), and although these lip glazes are sticky, they're less sticky than victoria secret's beauty rush, clinique or mac lipglosses. The lasting power is quite good and I noticed that when the product has completely worn off, I still feel like my lips are softer than when bare. They don't have an strong scent and most of them provide sheer color. (However I did notice that merry merry, majesty, and kitten when worn alone offer a good amount of color for my skin tone.) The only downside to these lip glazes is that the brush applicator must be wiped with a paper towel after each use otherwise the lip glaze will congeal and be difficult to use again. I don't mind the packaging as much as some of these other reviewers do. The clicker is loud and you can't get the product out in less than 5 seconds, but that doesn't bother me.

Bottom line: I would only recommend buying this product in a set. Personally I'm thrilled with this set and I like these lip glazes, but I wouldn't pay $22 for just one!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the previous person's review! This lip gloss, not so much. I have it in Watermelon and Raspberry and they are two of my most regretted purchases. I love the concept, but the product itself is lacking (and they're too expensive for what you get). This gloss is so sticky I have trouble spreading it around on my lips. It also dries my lips terribly. It's a shame because the colors I have are really pretty. (Watermelon is a milky pink while Raspberry is a bright pinky red.) I almost never reach for these and have no plans to purchase any other colors.

on 3/3/2010 2:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

These are awesome! The point that they are sticky sucks but the fact that they dry out quickly is NOT BAD. I used to think that however. It feels like you have no gloss on but if you look at your lips in the mirror, they are still glossy. They are expensive but the tubes last forever!