Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

I got this lip galze (kitten )in the set. I was excited to use it but it is really sticky on my lips and makes my lips patchy. I am not a fan of lip glosses at all and this makes me hate to lip glosses more. I like MAC creme sheen lip glasses though ( so far the only one i like ) will not purchase this sticky ones individually. No.

on 1/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

I really don't like these. I hate the smells, they are all so incredibly fake and overly sweet. They are very sticky, and yet they don't last that long - and they go blotchy as it fades. They are very thick, and it's really a hassle to get an even layer to begin with - expecially because the crappy brush makes the product go on quite streaky. It's close to impossible to predict how much product is going to come out - especially because you have to twist and then wait for a while to see if anything comes out - it either takes forever to get enough for a whole application, or it just gets everywhere and is ridiculously messy. I do like a few of the colours though. All in all - I really would not recommend anyone to buy these...

on 11/19/2014 11:17:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a pretty neat lip gloss. I have this in Orchard as well as a few other colors that came in a kit I bought after Christmas 2013 when everything went on sale. I love the shimmer this specific color has. It is certainly one of my favorite lip glosses out there and it seems to have better staying power than a lot of other glosses. I guess I'm just not a big lip gloss fan--this is quite tacky and sticky. I won't buy more but I will wear it occasionally when my lips need a change.

I have tons of these from a gift and I am not impressed. There is barely any product and they are really thick and sticky. They don't last long on my lips at all. The only good thing is the pigmentation, but they still go on very streaky. Definitely not worth the price.

on 7/20/2014 11:37:00 AM

I have about a dozen of these. They leave a nice wash of color and just the right amount of shine to wear to work. I can make it several hours without having to reapply, if I don't eat a heavy lunch.

These are a glaze. Sticky, not full on color opaque, and not moisturizing. So if those are turn offs to a lippy, no matter how beautiful they are in the store they will be a huge let down for you. If you don't mind the sticky and a more muted look these are fantastic, perfect for the office where a bright bold lip is frowned upon. It's not to say that these are not pigmented, they are. They just won't be as bold as say MAC or Too Faced.

My only complaint about the packaging is how much you have to twist the first time you use it. I got annoyed after a few moments and went hog wild. So much mess :(

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

I really enjoyed this gloss. All the stila lip glazes smell like their names. I think this is really cool! Haha, anyway I got a whole pack of these lip glazes for Christmas and I love them! They all apply nicely because they have brush tips, and they smell amazing of course. I just wish these could be a little more pigmented and not be so expensive because you aren't getting that much in one tube.

on 5/3/2014 10:34:00 PM

I have this in spiced ginger. Though the colour is very nice inside the pen but need to apply many layers to get to that colour. So it works out an expensive lipgloss. The texture is very sticky and always get caught up with my long hair.

Lipgloss in a pen is interesting. It's easier to apply when you don't have a mirror with you. Otherwise, I don't see the fuss of it. I would prefer the traditional one with a wand.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

on 10/30/2013 10:59:00 PM

picked up the set of 9 for $28 at sephora, which is pretty cheap; its the holiday season so they were meant to be sold as stocking stuffers. yes, as some say, it is on the sticky side, but i love the way you twist the barrel to get the gloss onto the brush, as theres less risk for contamination like most lipglosses are packaged. i kept this pack but ill pick up another pack for my friends' xmas gifts :)