Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.2

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 4/22/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just toooo sticky. The color showed up way more than I expected though, and it seems to be long lasting, it lasts over meals and drinks but I just can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lips and I can't even get the gloss off of my hair.

Something to take note of before buying this is that it's a lip GLAZE not a gloss, not a stain etc.

It differs from a gloss because a gloss feels quite slippery on the lips if you rub your lips together. A glaze however is just somewhat a color overcoat that dries quickly and has no moisturizing properties.

This lip glaze has a great color range and great color pay off however, it is very sticky and tacky your hair will get stuck to it easily, it won't feel smooth and slippery when you rub your lips together.

The only great things about this glaze is the color and packaging is great, it's like a pen, you can easily bring it with you if you would like to touch up because this does not last long, also it doesn't spill which is AMAZING. The price is a bit too much because this isn't a very affordable product and it doesn't come with much glaze either, I would say this lasts about a month if you use it everyday and touch up once through out the day.

I wore this to a party and I received compliments about the color but I experienced several challenges. At a party you are obviously dancing around having fun so my hair got stuck to my lips A LOT and when I would pull my hair away from my lips it would smudge and get around my mouth. I also suggest to not wear this if you're going to be drinking or eating a lot because your lips will get stuck to the straw and the glaze will get to your food.

Final Verdict:
Great Color
Great Packaging
Horrible Texture
Received Compliments on Color
Have to touch up regularly
Smudges
Hair sticks to it
Tacky thick

on 8/6/2013 11:04:00 PM

ok so I used my bestfriends a few times before and I found them REDICULOUSLY sticky like gross. But when I was at Murale they had the special edition one in "xoxo murale" for 5$ so I thought "why not get one to have in my makeup collection" I felt like an idiot because it took me forever to get it working, but I am glad I bought it. I don't know if it is just this one but it is not sticky AT ALL which is weird because everyother one i have had or tried was like sticky tack on my lips. I think it may be a hit or miss product. They look very nice on the lips though especially over a nude lipstick. I wouldnt pay more than 8$ for them (drugstore lipgloss price) because of the size) I wouldn't buy them unless they were on a good sale either. Not worth the full price.

on 1/29/2013 6:32:00 PM

I bought this in a set called "All is Bright" so it wasn't as expensive as purchasing separately. At first i had no idea how to get the product on my lips, checked here and was scared after reading some bad reviews. That said, I love this product. I've been using a Smashbox lipgloss which leaves me lips a little dry, and was considering stocking up on Carmax to take care of that when these lip glazes arrived.
I do have to turn the bottom of the tube a lot to get enough of the product on the brush, but when its there it glides on smoothly and looks shiny and stays in place. The glaze is sticky, I avoid kissing my man while wearing it so it isn't good for a hot date, but for a long day's wear when you want your lips to look full and shiny, and end up feeling soft and mouisturized, this product is excellent. I will buy another set of these again.
Also, the set of six (or eight, I forget) was $25.00, so for just over 4 dollars apiece at the most these are very well worth it.

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

My cousin is a makeup artist so always gets free product samples and she gave me the Stila Lip Glaze in Pink Grapefruit--love it! The color is so gorgeous, I love the formula, it feels good on my lips, makes my lips look luscious and I don't feel the need to reapply often, as it stays on pretty long. I also like that it's a lip brush, that's probably what contributes to the smooth application and I like the twisty bottom that dispenses the product.

While I like it, being a student on a budget, a $22 lipgloss just seems a bit much. If my cousin didn't give it to me, I probably would have never purchased it. I find that I can find quality lip products at the drugstore or beauty supply store for less than $5, so I don't go out of my way to purchase high end ones, as usually there is no huge difference. Also, it's not like a lipstick that lasts a good while. Only a very small amount comes in the tube. The tube is long but only about a 1/4 of the tube is filled with product. So while it's a good product and I recommend it if you have $20 to spare, it's expensive and you don't get that much product. So yes I'd buy it again because I like it, but no because it's too pricey.

on 11/28/2011 10:37:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I like this lip gloss a lot, but it does have its flaws. I feel like with lip gloss you either get a smooth non-sticky formula that disappears as soon as you put it on or something that lasts but is very sticky. This is the latter, but I love the colour and shine and the fact that you don't have to reapply every five seconds. I got this in Strawberry, which is a lovely red pink shade. It was $29 from ebeauty.ca: http://bit.ly/sbysSN which is pricey for lip gloss...but I just think of it as a lipstick alternative. I would repurchase this and use it as a replacement for all my other random glosses.

on 11/27/2011 12:11:00 AM

I bought this in the "warm" set of 3 at Ulta (apricot, chocolate, creme bouquet) for only $12 (so $4 ea.) as an impulse buy - and yes it's cheaper than paying the normal amount, however it's still not worth $4... I can find other lip glosses worth more, with the same colors and better packaging and quality. THE ONLY redeeming quality to this gloss is that it comes with the nifty brush applicator - BUT it can get messy and goopy REALLY fast. So far the chocolate glaze smells horrible and powdery. Everyone keeps raving about the apricot scent, but so far this will be a lip glaze that I reach for only if I'm bored and I need a super sheer non-offense swipe of gloss. Definitely wouldn't repurchase, and unfortunately I can't say I'd recommend this to anyone I care about. Thumbs down, Stila. Thumbs down.

on 9/25/2011 8:21:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought the Stila Lip Glaze Trio today after being inspired by so many YouTube reviews that have nothing bad to say about them. I usually don't wear lip gloss or lip colour of any kind, so this was sort of my first foray into glosses in a long time. I find that with my skin tone it's hard to find colours that look good on my lips, so I was looking for something sheer and not too vibrant.

I bought the "cool" trio that comes with Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin. I have to say, I LOVE the colour of them all! Seashell is the best for daytime use, but Grapefruit isn't bad either (I thought I'd hate it because of the light pink colour, but it's actually not bad at all).

For those who say they aren't sticky, I disagree. The gloss definitely sits heavy on the lips and seems very sticky, but because of this it is long-lasting and doesn't come off easily (even when trying to wipe it off, I find). That said, I find that if I put on lip balm and then the gloss over top, it's not so bad.

I am not a huge fan of the flavours. I'm 25, not 5... the Watermelon specifically is kind of gross, but I don't mind the Seashell at all. All in all, they're a little expensive, but I was surprised that I liked the colours so much, so I'd consider buying them again if I can't find a cheaper alternative that I like as much. The packaging also leaves a lot to be desired, it's easy to waste product with the twist system and I was surprised with how little comes in the tube to begin with.

Just a note (for Canadians), Sephora seems to be chronically sold out of the trios, but they have both the warm and cool sets at Urban Outfitters! I was surprised. And they're $2 cheaper than at Sephora.

on 8/27/2011 9:02:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Excuse me while I sell my soul to these lip glosses....

I don't know why I love these so much, especially given all they lack. Let's start with the cons: they're super sticky, very sheer, and incredibly expensive given how little product you actually get. Wear time on me is about 2 hours. Finally, I hate the applicator. I don't think the plastic-y brush and twist-up dispenser do this product any favors.

However, I still really, really like them. They are the kind of sticky where, even though your hair gets stuck, it doesn't come away slimy. They don't leave a residue or anything, they simply stick to your lips...which I appreciate. And I do like the fact that they are sheer, because I like to wear them over lipsticks, not alone. I like the hint of color and the mega shine as they lend to make any lipstick I put on pop. Being sheer works in their favor in this sense, because I can match the three lip glazes I have (Grapefruit, Seashell, and Raisin) with just about any lipstick in my collection.

It sucks that they don't last longer on my lips because that means I go through them much faster than I'd like, and given the insanely high cost of each, that can get expensive.

Even though it might not make any sense, I would re-buy. I cannot put my finger on why--it's just one of those products that I inexplicably love.

After hearing a lot of raves about this I wanted to give it a try. Got mine in the post this morning, tried it out and was fairly disappointed. The shine is nice and I like the colour, but my god is it STICKY. At first I thought I applied too much because I was twisting it like crazy to get some out, so i wiped it off to try again, wasn't as sticky as before but still quite sticky. Feels a little drying also so I think i might put lip balm on before and after, but I shouldn't have to do that :/ It's nice enough but I don't think I'll buy it again.