Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.2

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Yuck! This product was hyped up a a few years ago, and although I only just tried it recently, I have no idea why it ever got any attention. It is extremely sticky, thick, smelly, and the colors are nothing special. I couldn't imagine anyone being comfortable wearing this glaze. Definitely stay away from this product!

on 4/8/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very sticky and very sheer. But, I love these! They last a very long time on me. I can drink and eat... they're still around. My favorite way to wear them would be over other lip sticks and liners. They give a super glossy and dewy look to the lips.

But, if you hate the feel of heavy and sticky glosses I would avoid these. I personally, adore a sticky gloss because they look better and last longer. I'm so used to them, it's not even a bother anymore.

However, the biggest negative is that they are scented. Stila attempts to correlate the scent to the name (mango smells like mangoes, kitten smells like kittens... hehe, kidding about that one), but that just leaves us with artificial scents, like fake synthetic mangoes, grapefruits and strawberries.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As others have mentioned, you have to twist this quite a bit to dispense the gloss and it makes irritating click sounds at each turn. I find the brush applicator leaves the product streaky on my lips, and it is sticky.

I admittedly don't like glosses in the first place, but I think this may be too much hassle even for someone who does like gloss.

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

The product is okay but, honestly, I will never buy this gloss because of the packaging. I'm not a huge gloss person to start with but I received a gift set of three for my birthday from a family member. The gloss is sticky and I like that it stays on longer than the average cheap gloss. Color is great.

I can't get over the twisty paintbrush application. Yesterday I twisted the base a thousand times and could hardly get enough product out to apply a coat! Today when I went to use it I huge glob came out and I had to blot my lips!

Nice product but I think I can find a better option with easier application.

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I got this at Ulta, It had a cool design and the color (Melon) Seemed my type, So i tried it, The first time i put it on i loved it! stays on for a while too(:

I purchased one of the trio sets in "Fiesta" and i adore these. The price wasn't that bad (for the three sample sizes), and I just love them. They have a sticky formula, but I am actually okay with that. I LOVE the smell of them and the colour is just fantastic. I think you should try the trio set to see what you love. It is so worth it. They look so beautiful on your lips

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought a set of 8 from Asos and I'm really liking them. I paid about AUS$26 for the 8 which works out at a little over $3 each. For that price I think that they are fantastic!

I don't mind the twist-up applicator. It takes a fair few twists to get going but if you twist while you are looking down the barrel of the brush you can see when the colour starts to push up the stem. I've not had a problem so far with getting too much/too little of the product. I kind of like the twist-up & brush compared to other lip glosses with the sponge applicator or straight from a tube as I think it's a bit more hygenic and less messy.

I prefer the darker colours in the set ie Fantasy, Starfruit, Believe. But with such variety, I'm sure I'll find a use for all of them. I really like the texture too. I find it long lasting and it is not a sticky gloss. On a scale of 1 (being not sticky like a lipstick) to 10 (it glues my lips shut) I'd rate this about a 5. It's light and I can feel it on my lips but it's not too shiny or sticky or gluggy.

I said that I'd buy it again but really I'd probably only buy it again if it came in a similar set for such a good price. It's a good lip gloss but it wouldn't be worth $20-30 for a tube. I don't think I'd pay that for any gloss :)