Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Other age: 30-35
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.3

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 1/8/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these. I don't find it really sticky among the "sticky" gloss category, and they last well on me. I like the sheerness of the gloss, as I have good lips and prefer sheer, but I wish they came out with less shimmery shades in their regular line-up. The non-shimmery shades are very smooth. Mainly, I love the applicator, especially the full-sized ones. Covers a large area in one swipe. These are especially good for warmer climates, as they are hygienic and don't melt away in the summer heat. But I wear them all year round for shiny, but not gaudy lips. I don't find them either drying or moisturizing.

on 11/10/2004 8:56:00 PM

Addicting! I tend to prefer the ones with shimmer, but in general, I find this to be a sophisticated gloss.

Trying to get the gloss out at the beginning is maddening! And sometimes I think that I'm definitely wasting product if I haven't used it for a while and have to click a few times because then it will goop out a little.

But the shade range is awesome. A tip for those who want to bring out the sparkle/shimmer:

Put a liquid lip stain on your lips (benetint, philosophy, eyeko, sephora aquatint, etc.) let it dry and then put this gloss over it. The shimmery ones will really glimmer.

on 2/24/2004 3:10:00 PM

I really like the stila lip glazes but they are seriously overpriced and you get sooooo little product. I would buy a lot more stila products if they werent so expensive....

I had this in peach and liked it a lot. Now I have it in Plum, pomegranite, strawberry and blackberry. They smell good, but suble. They are very sticky, I won't wear them outside when it's windy because my hair sticks to my lips. They are great over lipstick, and I like the way the plum looks on me without lipstick too. Regretting the pomegranite purchase becuase it's so bright, I wasn't expecting a highly pigmented lip glaze. Took a lippy away because of price, but that won't stop me from buying them.

on 8/7/2002 10:38:00 AM

I have to agree with the majority of comments on this one -- an over-priced, unimpressive gloss that gave me instant buyer's remorse. Even the sweet scent disappears immediately. And to think I could have bought two lipgunks for the same price . . . . Alas.

OK, I feel qualified to review this because the last 4 times I went to a Stila counter they put Apricot lipglaze on me (I kid you not). And each time, it's the same routine: I get compliments until the stuff wears off. I consider buying it. I remember that it's priced in the same range as the Chanel Glossimer, only the Glossimer, as ghostface points out so precisely, is about 4X more product. And once again, I refuse to buy it, despite its being fabulously pretty and wearing nicely. To me - JMHO, and I can understand people wanting it despite this - the price is, in a word, greedy.

on 6/20/2001 9:03:00 AM

This product was hard to rate because I only like a few of the colors. I've tried Orange, Pink Grapefruit, and Blackberry (the other colors don't appeal to me at all), and love the Orange and Blackberry. Pink Grapefruit didn't show on me at all and I swapped it away. Orange wears as a sheer red with pinky-orange tones, and Blackberry is just a great plummy red. The gloss has decent staying power and smells great. I wish it wasn't so expensive. I'd also prefer different packaging - it seems so silly to have this big long package for such a tiny amount of gloss. I wish it fit in my pocket like the Bare Tints and MAC Lipglass.