Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin type : Other
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

2.8

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Got one of these for free & I don't really care for it. It's pretty sticky too.

on 4/22/2012 3:07:00 PM

thought I would try this lipgloss out so I bought it at Sephora. A bit pricey for the amount you get.The color I have is Mulberry a nice sheer mauvy color to wear over neutral/nude lipsticks.Not sticky or heavy, I still wouldn't buy again because of the price. there are other comparable lipglosses out there for less. ELF lipglosses for inststance.

Extremely sticky lipgloss, but...if it wasn't, it would just wear off too fast. The trade off is that is stays on a long time for a lip gloss. Very overpriced, (look for them at costco instead a pack of 6 for the price of one). There is only one color that I would repurchase, pinkle twinkle.

on 1/8/2010 9:28:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I like these. I don't find it really sticky among the "sticky" gloss category, and they last well on me. I like the sheerness of the gloss, as I have good lips and prefer sheer, but I wish they came out with less shimmery shades in their regular line-up. The non-shimmery shades are very smooth. Mainly, I love the applicator, especially the full-sized ones. Covers a large area in one swipe. These are especially good for warmer climates, as they are hygienic and don't melt away in the summer heat. But I wear them all year round for shiny, but not gaudy lips. I don't find them either drying or moisturizing.

on 10/31/2009 8:08:00 PM

I bought a set of these on sale at Sephora for summertime wear. I call these "supermarket glosses" because they are just the thing when you need to run out to the market and want a little colour on your face. They stay on just long enough to pick up a few things, for by the time you get back home, they are gone.

I prefer a gloss with more staying power, but these are nice enough. I would not buy at full price because of the wear time. I also want to comment on the packaging...excellent idea, but boy does the product get used up quickly! I don't wear these everyday, mostly on saturday mornings, but they are just about used up and I bought a packette of 5! No re-purchase for me, even on sale. This was a one time purchase. I can get more product and fairly equal staying power with a good coat of NYX gloss.

on 10/6/2009 9:02:00 AM

I recently received the new holiday set of 8 mini lip glazes. It was priced at $25 for the 8 colors, plus I got a free Golden Noir Smudge Pot with my order, so it was definitely worth buying. However, the product is average at best, and not worth the $22/tube price you'd typically pay. The colors are VERY sheer, so I really don't feel like there is much point to them having any color at all. The shine of the gloss is decent, but it doesn't last any longer on than any other lip gloss I could pick up at the dollar store. In fact, my favorite of the set (Kitten) has a $1.50 drug store dupe. Jordana has a squeeze tube gloss in Sand that looks the exact same, but tastes and smells better, and it also lasts longer than the Stila Lip Glaze. Bottom line, if you are someone who feels better about carrying a tube of higher-end lip gloss, buy Stila. If quality is what matters to you, though, pick up a better (and less expensive) gloss from one of my favorites: Jordana, Revlon or L'Oreal.

They look fun but the problem I had mainly was that they're just too sticky. They just felt really heavy on my lips, like I had wax on there. It seems to disappear quickly too, it just wasn't worth it for me.

My olive-skinned filipino friend gave me the entire 2007 holiday set that her boss gifted to her because none of the colors suit her skintone. I am on the pale-ish, yellow tone side, and somehow these color worked on me. The one I've used the most to transition from winter to spring is Nutmeg Spice (#97). Like everyone has stated, it's a sticky, thicker gloss, stays put, and this one leaves gold shimmer behind even after it fades. This is the first time I've used Lip Glaze, though in the past I've used a similar product from Avon. I dislike the packaging from both brands for the same reasons, it takes several clicks to get the product to ooze up the brush, making this product less lasting that a regular squeeze tube or wand gloss. I took another lippie off because of the outrageous price of this l/g (I'm glad my friend nor I had to pay for them).

on 10/29/2007 3:26:00 AM

I have Stila Lip Glaze in Grapefruit. It was the exact shade of pink lip gloss that I had been in search of for the longest time. However, it's color does not make up for the fact that this lip gloss has an AWFUL consistensy. This bothers me the most!! After all, lip gloss in meant to be shiny and smooth, and this lip gloss is far from such a description - it's clumpy and messy. It does not go on smooth and it has absolutely ZERO lasting power - it's all gone with one teeny bite into the teeniest bit of food. Also, I'm not crazy about the applicator, because it doesn't allow for a precise application. This is one product that certainly does not go the distance for the price you pay.

First of all, let me say I love the packaging. Very convenient... I have to find more lipglosses that have this brush thing and twisty bottom thing. I don't find it any stickier than any other lipglosses... but what i DO wish is that is was just a little more pigmented. I have this in "Raisin" and really it barely shows up at all.
I got this as a gift, but I know its pretty pricey; I probably won't buy it again. There are better lipglosses out there for less expensive.