Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Yuck! This product was hyped up a a few years ago, and although I only just tried it recently, I have no idea why it ever got any attention. It is extremely sticky, thick, smelly, and the colors are nothing special. I couldn't imagine anyone being comfortable wearing this glaze. Definitely stay away from this product!

on 4/22/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just toooo sticky. The color showed up way more than I expected though, and it seems to be long lasting, it lasts over meals and drinks but I just can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lips and I can't even get the gloss off of my hair.

on 12/27/2015 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Ive just received this product but so far im impressed with the color range, really pretty colors. but the gloss leaves a really sticky finish which is disappointing because they are quite pricey for one! the colors arnt as bright as i hoped either.

on 1/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

I really don't like these. I hate the smells, they are all so incredibly fake and overly sweet. They are very sticky, and yet they don't last that long - and they go blotchy as it fades. They are very thick, and it's really a hassle to get an even layer to begin with - expecially because the crappy brush makes the product go on quite streaky. It's close to impossible to predict how much product is going to come out - especially because you have to twist and then wait for a while to see if anything comes out - it either takes forever to get enough for a whole application, or it just gets everywhere and is ridiculously messy. I do like a few of the colours though. All in all - I really would not recommend anyone to buy these...

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

on 8/6/2013 11:04:00 PM

ok so I used my bestfriends a few times before and I found them REDICULOUSLY sticky like gross. But when I was at Murale they had the special edition one in "xoxo murale" for 5$ so I thought "why not get one to have in my makeup collection" I felt like an idiot because it took me forever to get it working, but I am glad I bought it. I don't know if it is just this one but it is not sticky AT ALL which is weird because everyother one i have had or tried was like sticky tack on my lips. I think it may be a hit or miss product. They look very nice on the lips though especially over a nude lipstick. I wouldnt pay more than 8$ for them (drugstore lipgloss price) because of the size) I wouldn't buy them unless they were on a good sale either. Not worth the full price.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Review on the Fiesta Set lip glaze trio

Last year there was a summer themed lip glaze trio which featured the shades Kitten, Maraca and Pinata. The set was 12 dollars at Sephora near the register, and I had already planned on getting it, since these have been so hyped over the years. I have a Stila shadow palette which is great so I figured the glosses would also be great! The click pen is OK- it does get a little gloopy on the brush which will transfer to the cap, but that's easy enough to clean if it gets too messy. I feel like it takes a little while to crank the product up and you usually will get more than a lip application's worth, but that's OK. You also don't get a ton of product in these pens- only .05 fl. ounces. To me, that's OK since I only use these occasionally. Texture wise they are thick and sticky but that a good thing because it insures your gloss won't simply evaporate off your lips or fade away, as most cheap glosses do. The plastic brush head works well enough for application but I can't guarantee it is sanitary- its really meant for personal use, although you could sanitize it if you needed to. Cons aside, I don't mind a little goopiness if it serves the purpose of lengthening wear time!

Color wise Kitten is probably my fave of the trio (I realized she is missing and am a wee bit panicky). Its a color that is in the permanent line if you will, and I assume its included in their other sets- possibly the holiday ones? Its a gorgeous pinky/nude/beige color with golden micro-glitter if I can recall accurately. I love it over nude lipstick, its an excellent companion. Maraca is a light, sort of medium pink, no glitter but high shine and has a fruity smell. It also would work great over a nude or light pink lippie. Pinata is a fun one- bright, juicy pink with gold micro-glitter and a fake peach/fruity smell. I like pairing this will purple on the eyes.

The package these came in was also cute- little colorful polka dots all over! So, all in all I really like these, but they are not 100% fuss-free. They all provide tremendous shine and great, durable, color pay off. They are very pigmented glosses, but not as much as a liquid lipstick. If you're tired of your lip glosses fading, losing shine or appearing pigmented in the package but wear only clear on, I've got the answer for you! These are one of those products that is more worth the hype it receives and maintains!