Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by skin tone : Other
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.0

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Something to take note of before buying this is that it's a lip GLAZE not a gloss, not a stain etc.

It differs from a gloss because a gloss feels quite slippery on the lips if you rub your lips together. A glaze however is just somewhat a color overcoat that dries quickly and has no moisturizing properties.

This lip glaze has a great color range and great color pay off however, it is very sticky and tacky your hair will get stuck to it easily, it won't feel smooth and slippery when you rub your lips together.

The only great things about this glaze is the color and packaging is great, it's like a pen, you can easily bring it with you if you would like to touch up because this does not last long, also it doesn't spill which is AMAZING. The price is a bit too much because this isn't a very affordable product and it doesn't come with much glaze either, I would say this lasts about a month if you use it everyday and touch up once through out the day.

I wore this to a party and I received compliments about the color but I experienced several challenges. At a party you are obviously dancing around having fun so my hair got stuck to my lips A LOT and when I would pull my hair away from my lips it would smudge and get around my mouth. I also suggest to not wear this if you're going to be drinking or eating a lot because your lips will get stuck to the straw and the glaze will get to your food.

Final Verdict:
Great Color
Great Packaging
Horrible Texture
Received Compliments on Color
Have to touch up regularly
Smudges
Hair sticks to it
Tacky thick

Got one of these for free & I don't really care for it. It's pretty sticky too.

on 1/29/2013 6:32:00 PM

I bought this in a set called "All is Bright" so it wasn't as expensive as purchasing separately. At first i had no idea how to get the product on my lips, checked here and was scared after reading some bad reviews. That said, I love this product. I've been using a Smashbox lipgloss which leaves me lips a little dry, and was considering stocking up on Carmax to take care of that when these lip glazes arrived.
I do have to turn the bottom of the tube a lot to get enough of the product on the brush, but when its there it glides on smoothly and looks shiny and stays in place. The glaze is sticky, I avoid kissing my man while wearing it so it isn't good for a hot date, but for a long day's wear when you want your lips to look full and shiny, and end up feeling soft and mouisturized, this product is excellent. I will buy another set of these again.
Also, the set of six (or eight, I forget) was $25.00, so for just over 4 dollars apiece at the most these are very well worth it.

on 4/22/2012 3:07:00 PM

thought I would try this lipgloss out so I bought it at Sephora. A bit pricey for the amount you get.The color I have is Mulberry a nice sheer mauvy color to wear over neutral/nude lipsticks.Not sticky or heavy, I still wouldn't buy again because of the price. there are other comparable lipglosses out there for less. ELF lipglosses for inststance.

on 11/27/2011 12:11:00 AM

I bought this in the "warm" set of 3 at Ulta (apricot, chocolate, creme bouquet) for only $12 (so $4 ea.) as an impulse buy - and yes it's cheaper than paying the normal amount, however it's still not worth $4... I can find other lip glosses worth more, with the same colors and better packaging and quality. THE ONLY redeeming quality to this gloss is that it comes with the nifty brush applicator - BUT it can get messy and goopy REALLY fast. So far the chocolate glaze smells horrible and powdery. Everyone keeps raving about the apricot scent, but so far this will be a lip glaze that I reach for only if I'm bored and I need a super sheer non-offense swipe of gloss. Definitely wouldn't repurchase, and unfortunately I can't say I'd recommend this to anyone I care about. Thumbs down, Stila. Thumbs down.

on 4/5/2011 5:15:00 PM

I like the different shades for stila lip gloss, but the gloss is way to sticky!
The packaging is great and works will, releasing the gloss in 2 clicks. I will not buy this product again.

on 1/10/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

The key to using these is to look straight down on the brush while you click. You'll see the initial color rush when it hits the clean brush. Then as you use it you will see the inner bore of the bristles increase as the gloss pumps up, you'll quickly learn how to judge how many clicks is enough. It's not rocket science, just practice and watching the right part of the applicator.

Extremely sticky lipgloss, but...if it wasn't, it would just wear off too fast. The trade off is that is stays on a long time for a lip gloss. Very overpriced, (look for them at costco instead a pack of 6 for the price of one). There is only one color that I would repurchase, pinkle twinkle.

on 10/31/2009 8:08:00 PM

I bought a set of these on sale at Sephora for summertime wear. I call these "supermarket glosses" because they are just the thing when you need to run out to the market and want a little colour on your face. They stay on just long enough to pick up a few things, for by the time you get back home, they are gone.

I prefer a gloss with more staying power, but these are nice enough. I would not buy at full price because of the wear time. I also want to comment on the packaging...excellent idea, but boy does the product get used up quickly! I don't wear these everyday, mostly on saturday mornings, but they are just about used up and I bought a packette of 5! No re-purchase for me, even on sale. This was a one time purchase. I can get more product and fairly equal staying power with a good coat of NYX gloss.

on 10/6/2009 9:02:00 AM

I recently received the new holiday set of 8 mini lip glazes. It was priced at $25 for the 8 colors, plus I got a free Golden Noir Smudge Pot with my order, so it was definitely worth buying. However, the product is average at best, and not worth the $22/tube price you'd typically pay. The colors are VERY sheer, so I really don't feel like there is much point to them having any color at all. The shine of the gloss is decent, but it doesn't last any longer on than any other lip gloss I could pick up at the dollar store. In fact, my favorite of the set (Kitten) has a $1.50 drug store dupe. Jordana has a squeeze tube gloss in Sand that looks the exact same, but tastes and smells better, and it also lasts longer than the Stila Lip Glaze. Bottom line, if you are someone who feels better about carrying a tube of higher-end lip gloss, buy Stila. If quality is what matters to you, though, pick up a better (and less expensive) gloss from one of my favorites: Jordana, Revlon or L'Oreal.