Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Wavy
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

the lip gloss itself is just mediocre. i do like the shine but could do without the stickiness. the flavors range from yummy to downright disgusting. i have four colors - fig, raspberry (my favorite of the bunch), vanilla (the taste is icky) and apricot. with the exception of raspberry, none have a visible tint on the lips. too expensive for what it is (also the quantity is TINY). what i do like is the applicator (contrary to reviews here) - you just click 6-7 times quickly, shake it, and apply. it's clean, not messy and doesn't contaminate the gloss on the inside. you can wipe it off a bit with makeup remover wipes too, to clean it once in a while. what i have discovered is that you can refill these applicator pens with regular lip gloss. that is easiest with squeezy type tubes, like lipgelee or juicy tubes. when the gloss stops clicking up, turn the knob the other way to roll down the pushing mechanism to the original position, pull out the brush tip from the top, squeeze in lip gloss, and cap it, and you can use it the same way as the lip glaze. if you have a pipette you can depot regular lip gloss w/ wands and "inject" it into the brush container, or use a spatula to scoop it in (slightly messier). overall, the best thing about this lip gloss is the vinyl finish, longevity and applicator, but the formula/taste is just bleh.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought a set of 8 from Asos and I'm really liking them. I paid about AUS$26 for the 8 which works out at a little over $3 each. For that price I think that they are fantastic!

I don't mind the twist-up applicator. It takes a fair few twists to get going but if you twist while you are looking down the barrel of the brush you can see when the colour starts to push up the stem. I've not had a problem so far with getting too much/too little of the product. I kind of like the twist-up & brush compared to other lip glosses with the sponge applicator or straight from a tube as I think it's a bit more hygenic and less messy.

I prefer the darker colours in the set ie Fantasy, Starfruit, Believe. But with such variety, I'm sure I'll find a use for all of them. I really like the texture too. I find it long lasting and it is not a sticky gloss. On a scale of 1 (being not sticky like a lipstick) to 10 (it glues my lips shut) I'd rate this about a 5. It's light and I can feel it on my lips but it's not too shiny or sticky or gluggy.

I said that I'd buy it again but really I'd probably only buy it again if it came in a similar set for such a good price. It's a good lip gloss but it wouldn't be worth $20-30 for a tube. I don't think I'd pay that for any gloss :)

on 9/3/2014 5:51:00 PM

The product is okay but, honestly, I will never buy this gloss because of the packaging. I'm not a huge gloss person to start with but I received a gift set of three for my birthday from a family member. The gloss is sticky and I like that it stays on longer than the average cheap gloss. Color is great.

I can't get over the twisty paintbrush application. Yesterday I twisted the base a thousand times and could hardly get enough product out to apply a coat! Today when I went to use it I huge glob came out and I had to blot my lips!

Nice product but I think I can find a better option with easier application.

on 12/31/2013 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a ton of these lip glazes, and keep buying more! They're not the best lip gloss I've ever used, a bit thick and sticky. But they stay on for quite awhile compared to other glosses and have a shade selection that can't be matched! Ulta often has the .05 size tubes for only around $8, which is what a drug store gloss would cost anyway. Some of them have great nearly opaque color pay off, some are more sheer and great for layering over lipsticks to give them a glossy finish or a bit of shimmer. So while Lip Glazes aren't the best glosses ever, I will continue to buy them.

on 12/25/2013 8:34:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

Comes in a lot of colors. I received a set of about 10 as a gift, so I have tried many colors. Some are way too light and frosty looking, others are nice with a medium amount of subtle color. This is your average sticky gloss but for a higher than average price.

on 2/11/2013 5:15:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

This product makes your lips very shiny/glossy and if that's what you're looking for, buy it! I bought this in the color grapefuit thinking it would be more pigmented into the grapefruit color, but it wasn't really noticeable. It's not too sticky and not to liquidy! I love the packaging. I bought this because Victoria Beckham said she loved it so I'm why not! The only thing I didn't really like is it made my lips very dry and chapped the next day! And it's super expensive for just a lip gloss! I wouldn't buy this again, all lip glosses are the same and its not that this wasnt worth the money, it's just overpriced for what you're selling. It's just lip gloss!

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have a love-hate relationship with these glosses. They would be perfect if they weren't so sheer. I keep going back to these glosses since they last long, shiny, and wearable. Most people complain about these glosses for their price, but you can always buy them cheaper online or wait for a deal at Sephora or Ulta. I should just stick with MAC since at least you can see color when you apply.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the previous person's review! This lip gloss, not so much. I have it in Watermelon and Raspberry and they are two of my most regretted purchases. I love the concept, but the product itself is lacking (and they're too expensive for what you get). This gloss is so sticky I have trouble spreading it around on my lips. It also dries my lips terribly. It's a shame because the colors I have are really pretty. (Watermelon is a milky pink while Raspberry is a bright pinky red.) I almost never reach for these and have no plans to purchase any other colors.

on 1/23/2010 4:45:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I have yet to come across a color I did not like and I have 14 colors. (Wow that's a lot of lip gloss hehe!) These glosses are pretty sheer, which I like, but be aware of that. I'd suggest swatching these at the store if possible before purchasing.

These glazes are on the sticky side so if you don't like sticky glosses stay away from these. They also have a light scent that corresponds to their name/color (Vanilla smells like vanilla, etc.) Kitten does NOT smell like kittens however... hahaha!

I get on average around 3 hours of wear with these glosses, which isn't the greatest, but acceptable to me. I only buy these in the holiday sets that come out with several mini glosses for 25-30 dollars. I would never buy a full sized one as they are not worth $22 (!!!!).