Stila Lip glaze

Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

on 3/21/2007 1:50:00 PM

This is my Holy Grail lip gloss - on days when we have a department supervisors meeting and I have to keep my mouth shut to keep from pointing out what complete morons the other supervisors are compared to me. :) This stuff is so sticky that by the time I get my lips unstuck and my mouth open wide enough to get my foot into it, we've moved on to another topic. So while this gloss is ubersticky, mediocre in color range, and sickly sweet in flavor - it has probably saved my job SO many times that I can't completely hate it.

on 1/4/2008 12:38:00 PM

Stila lip glazes aren't that horrible as people make them out to be. The colors are usually gorgeous and it stays true to it's color. It's easily buildable and fun to wear. Just think that it's not as sticky as MAC lipglasses, doesn't smell as bad as Bobbi Brown lip glosses, not as pain in the ass packaging as Lancome Juicy Tubes, not as expensive as Shiseido lip glosses that has near zero pigmentation, and lasts longer than Sephora lip glosses. Yep, this product is fairly decent. =) Oh, I forgot to say that it is not for use at makeout sessions unless you want to kiss like a soggy halibut.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Crappy, ugly, impractical packaging, meager portions, outrageously expensive, generally little pigment, easily duped, doesn't last, feels like craft tacky glue. I've paid ridiculous amts of money to feel like a Stila Girl, and also on overpriced lipglosses; but this is a Waste. Of. Money. And I'm a woman who can waste money with the best of them. I feel ripped off even trying them out in Sephora for free. This product is why I stayed away from Stila for so long: I thought it was a prestige line for rich west-coast tweens whose moms didn't want them to wear real makeup. The popularity of this stuff baffles me. I just don't get it.

it baffles me how these are raved about in almost every magazine out there! these lip glosses are horrible!! first of all, lets start out with the packaging. if you've read previous reviews, you'd see most people agree that the click pen is ridiculous. if you twist it a couple clicks at a time slowly, nothing ever comes out, and if it does, it takes like an hour. but when you twist several clicks at a time, or by doing it fast, practically the whole tube comes gushing out of the top! its almost impossible to get just the right amount. and now, lets move on to the product itself. i'd be willing to get used the click pen if the gloss itself was good, but its really just not. they are terribly sticky..they feel like glue on your lips. and even though they are so sticky, they don't seem to last. they never smell good...mine have always smelled very plasticy. and the colors are really not that great...a lot look really nice and opaque in the tube, but they turn out super sheer and basically just give a shine to your lips, which can be accomplished with any clear gloss for much cheaper. and besides that, most of the colors really aren't that unique. there are just much better glosses out there. just go to the drugstore and you'll find a bunch that are better and a lot cheaper.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

the lip gloss itself is just mediocre. i do like the shine but could do without the stickiness. the flavors range from yummy to downright disgusting. i have four colors - fig, raspberry (my favorite of the bunch), vanilla (the taste is icky) and apricot. with the exception of raspberry, none have a visible tint on the lips. too expensive for what it is (also the quantity is TINY). what i do like is the applicator (contrary to reviews here) - you just click 6-7 times quickly, shake it, and apply. it's clean, not messy and doesn't contaminate the gloss on the inside. you can wipe it off a bit with makeup remover wipes too, to clean it once in a while. what i have discovered is that you can refill these applicator pens with regular lip gloss. that is easiest with squeezy type tubes, like lipgelee or juicy tubes. when the gloss stops clicking up, turn the knob the other way to roll down the pushing mechanism to the original position, pull out the brush tip from the top, squeeze in lip gloss, and cap it, and you can use it the same way as the lip glaze. if you have a pipette you can depot regular lip gloss w/ wands and "inject" it into the brush container, or use a spatula to scoop it in (slightly messier). overall, the best thing about this lip gloss is the vinyl finish, longevity and applicator, but the formula/taste is just bleh.

on 10/13/2007 10:38:00 PM

These lip glazes are my favorite, even more than MAC's (sorry.) I do like MAC and they have beautiful shades and formula but they tend to dry my lips out even with lip balm and tend to give me chapped lips after I take them off. My lips are very sentitive because they get irritated, chapped and dry very easily. If I skip using lip balm (only a few works for me too) them for two days, I'd have extra skins covering them and cracking up. Stila lip glazes are the only glosses I have tried so far that doesn't give me any problems concerning my allergies.
Apart from that, the colors are very flattering. They all give my lips a gorgous look without looking fake or overdone. They blended in with my rose/mauve pigmented lips as well, making them visible but just enough to look natural. The shimmer doesn't irritate my sentitive lips either. They also last a long time. I applied mine in the morning when I go to school and I only have to touch up again after lunch. They also have a very pleasing smell, I don't see how anyone wouldn't like them (e.g. vanilla, strawberry, watermelon, etc...)
If there are something I'd like to change about them, it's the packaging and the price. The pen design does look sleek and stylish but it's a waste of product because you can't tell how much are pouring out at times. With that being said, how is that much of the product costs $20? Especially if you compare them to other brands. Let's be honest, you see the sizes of the Holiday lip glazes? Let me tell you, they last about one week each if you use it everyday, with touch-ups and all.
Some people mentioned the stickiness of the glosses, but I find them tolerable. I have some Lancome JTs and I find them much stickier and don't last as long. However, they're gwps so I wouldn't complain, since I got them for free. With Stila's, sure, they're sticky, but not much than MAC's IMO. At least I don't see all the glosses on my hair if they got into the way, unlike JTs.
Overall, I'm giving them 4 stars for the great quality, colors, smell, and long lasting. The designs and prices needed a little work on. I won't purchasing these if I lose my job but I don't mind as long as I'm not broke. This came almost as close as a HG to me. Last but not least, don't let the stickiness scaring you, it's not that bad; try it and see it if you can tolerate it or not, you might like it like me. :)

on 2/1/2014 10:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

My review is bitter sweet because I do really like these glosses. They're thick and slightly sticky which is something I love. They last fairly long, for a gloss. However, I hate the applicator. It's just a pain, and slightly embarrassing, to have to click the product out, and than proceed to paint my lips in public. The worst part about these, though, is the price. I understand it's more common to buy them on sale, or in little sets (that's how I buy mine. I just bought 3 for $15 at Ulta), but let's look at what Stila is charging for one full sized product... $22 for .08 oz. Just to put it into perspective, MAC charges $15 for their basic tinted lipglass of .17 oz. And, Revlon charges around $8 for .2 oz. of their gloss. Even getting into the same price range as Stila (though, I don't consider what they offer to be high end) NARS charges $25 for .28 oz.
It's borderline insulting that they charge as much as they do. If they changed the packaging to a doe foot, and either dropped the price, or gave us $22 worth of product, than this would be my favorite line. They offer a few shades that I love. But, it's lip gloss and I can find similar shades elsewhere.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I bought a set of 8 from Asos and I'm really liking them. I paid about AUS$26 for the 8 which works out at a little over $3 each. For that price I think that they are fantastic!

I don't mind the twist-up applicator. It takes a fair few twists to get going but if you twist while you are looking down the barrel of the brush you can see when the colour starts to push up the stem. I've not had a problem so far with getting too much/too little of the product. I kind of like the twist-up & brush compared to other lip glosses with the sponge applicator or straight from a tube as I think it's a bit more hygenic and less messy.

I prefer the darker colours in the set ie Fantasy, Starfruit, Believe. But with such variety, I'm sure I'll find a use for all of them. I really like the texture too. I find it long lasting and it is not a sticky gloss. On a scale of 1 (being not sticky like a lipstick) to 10 (it glues my lips shut) I'd rate this about a 5. It's light and I can feel it on my lips but it's not too shiny or sticky or gluggy.

I said that I'd buy it again but really I'd probably only buy it again if it came in a similar set for such a good price. It's a good lip gloss but it wouldn't be worth $20-30 for a tube. I don't think I'd pay that for any gloss :)

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

I simply do not understand anything about the Stila Lip Glaze. Mostly the price and the hype. $22 for .08oz of sub-par lip gloss when almost for half the price, Mac offers more than double the product. Or even, for tenth of the price, Bonnebelle or Wet N Wild will give you gallons of the stuff. Perhaps I am biased because lip gloss is the one product I don't see the point of investing in. Nearly all products give you the same effect- shiny lips- so why bother spending so much on it? I have this in Cranberry and a discontinued shade called Pink Champagne. Both are decent glosses. They taste yummy, stay on for a couple hours, and give a SHEEEEER wash of colour. However, they are also sticky, less than pigmented, and the application is annoying. I feel like I'm being wasteful not only spending $20+ on so little product, it's so much plastic for something I can't reuse. Overall, Lip Glazes are an extremely underwhelming product that I view as pointless and overpriced.

Popular Lip Glosses