Stila Lip glaze

Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

I really like this collection of colours and the texture of the gloss is great. I have Blackberry, Guava and Banana and they all smell lovely and last a long time with just the right amount of gloss. However, I HATE the packaging. The twist thing has to be twisted about 5 times for anything to come out and then too much comes out so I feel like I'm wasting it. I like the brush applicator though (wish MAC would bring back Lustreglass!) and I got these at a sample sale so they were dirt cheap.

Got this in the shade Mango as a freebie from Stila. I wear this over my lip ink from Chanel. Quite a neutral color but the branding aside, nothing one couldn't buy in any high street chemist.
Very sticky so not great in hot weather

Yuck! This product was hyped up a a few years ago, and although I only just tried it recently, I have no idea why it ever got any attention. It is extremely sticky, thick, smelly, and the colors are nothing special. I couldn't imagine anyone being comfortable wearing this glaze. Definitely stay away from this product!

on 4/22/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just toooo sticky. The color showed up way more than I expected though, and it seems to be long lasting, it lasts over meals and drinks but I just can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lips and I can't even get the gloss off of my hair.

on 12/27/2015 7:21:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Ive just received this product but so far im impressed with the color range, really pretty colors. but the gloss leaves a really sticky finish which is disappointing because they are quite pricey for one! the colors arnt as bright as i hoped either.

Something to take note of before buying this is that it's a lip GLAZE not a gloss, not a stain etc.

It differs from a gloss because a gloss feels quite slippery on the lips if you rub your lips together. A glaze however is just somewhat a color overcoat that dries quickly and has no moisturizing properties.

This lip glaze has a great color range and great color pay off however, it is very sticky and tacky your hair will get stuck to it easily, it won't feel smooth and slippery when you rub your lips together.

The only great things about this glaze is the color and packaging is great, it's like a pen, you can easily bring it with you if you would like to touch up because this does not last long, also it doesn't spill which is AMAZING. The price is a bit too much because this isn't a very affordable product and it doesn't come with much glaze either, I would say this lasts about a month if you use it everyday and touch up once through out the day.

I wore this to a party and I received compliments about the color but I experienced several challenges. At a party you are obviously dancing around having fun so my hair got stuck to my lips A LOT and when I would pull my hair away from my lips it would smudge and get around my mouth. I also suggest to not wear this if you're going to be drinking or eating a lot because your lips will get stuck to the straw and the glaze will get to your food.

Final Verdict:
Great Color
Great Packaging
Horrible Texture
Received Compliments on Color
Have to touch up regularly
Smudges
Hair sticks to it
Tacky thick

on 4/8/2015 9:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

Very sticky and very sheer. But, I love these! They last a very long time on me. I can drink and eat... they're still around. My favorite way to wear them would be over other lip sticks and liners. They give a super glossy and dewy look to the lips.

But, if you hate the feel of heavy and sticky glosses I would avoid these. I personally, adore a sticky gloss because they look better and last longer. I'm so used to them, it's not even a bother anymore.

However, the biggest negative is that they are scented. Stila attempts to correlate the scent to the name (mango smells like mangoes, kitten smells like kittens... hehe, kidding about that one), but that just leaves us with artificial scents, like fake synthetic mangoes, grapefruits and strawberries.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Not impressed at all.
I found these to be fairly sticky and did not last long on the lips.
Seemed like typical cheap lipgloss except this has a large price tag for what it is.
I have literally had better that I have paid a dollar for.

I got this lip galze (kitten )in the set. I was excited to use it but it is really sticky on my lips and makes my lips patchy. I am not a fan of lip glosses at all and this makes me hate to lip glosses more. I like MAC creme sheen lip glasses though ( so far the only one i like ) will not purchase this sticky ones individually. No.

on 1/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

I really don't like these. I hate the smells, they are all so incredibly fake and overly sweet. They are very sticky, and yet they don't last that long - and they go blotchy as it fades. They are very thick, and it's really a hassle to get an even layer to begin with - expecially because the crappy brush makes the product go on quite streaky. It's close to impossible to predict how much product is going to come out - especially because you have to twist and then wait for a while to see if anything comes out - it either takes forever to get enough for a whole application, or it just gets everywhere and is ridiculously messy. I do like a few of the colours though. All in all - I really would not recommend anyone to buy these...

Popular Lip Glosses