Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by age: 36-43
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

2.7

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

These are some of my favorite lipglosses (besides MAC lipglass & VS Beauty Rush being my others I consider favorites & own many of). I am wearing Glint right now from the Holiday 2014 set which was $35 clearanced off of sephora. The good thing about stila is that you can find it on sale if you look at Ulta or Sephora but you can never be exactly sure when so as a Stila "collector" I just check every so often or ask an SA & sometimes I can score some pretty nifty stuff! I love the colors that Stila comes up with, they are neutral & not loud nor bright nor garish most of the time & the quality is gr8! The lip glazes do go bad after awhile so this isn't something you want to be going to buy 3 back ups of coz they will taste/smell turn'd after you've had them for awhile (at least a year usually!). I love their subdued earthen neutral muted color wheel sort of "palette" [color concept] from Stila, these colors are ones I love! Lip glazes are thick & sticky which gives them good staying power & the lip brush is a neat idea. I love the flavor/scents, some are more shimmery/glittery than others & my favorite of course being Kitten (I mean who doesn't love Kitten!?). I consider Stila to be HE makeup for its prices principally but also for quality. I "think" that Stila is so much better than of the DS makeup I have & I don't know if i consider myself a makeup snob necessarily ...these lip glazes are top notch quality. I don't mind paying a premium price for a premium product. I've got so much makeup it's borderline crazy-stupid, but Stila makes me happii so I don't mind. The lip glazes are one of Stila's best products. They are very shiny ("glossy") & the reason why is because they are more sticky than oily. I find the lip glaze to be a unique product, it's just different & innovative from anything out there from packaging to the texture/flavor combos just def worth splurging on if you are a gloss chic or like neutrals. These are very moisturizing to the lips also.

on 11/11/2014 10:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I guess I'm the odd one out here, because I like the packaging even though yes you have to click it a lot the 1st time, but I hate most of the scents - I know they're supposed to be fruity but to me they smell like cough syrup. The only one I tried without a scent is Persimmon but that was a rare exception. I also don't like that all the colours are either so sheer they're basically clear or very pigmented (like Persimmon, a bright pinky red); nothing in between.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried several Stila lip glazes over the years, and unfortunately I still can't sell myself on it. The main problem I have with this glaze is the texture. It's heavy, sticky and not very moisturizing.

On the positive side, if you don't mind the texture or don't find it as annoying as I do, there's a wide selection of colors and finishes, from sheer to (fairly) opaque, from shimmer to clean. The applicator does make for an easy, even application.

This product is not poor quality at all. It just doesn't work for me.

If you don't like sticky products on your lips then don't go near these. Stop reading and just move on.

If you have long hair that billows around your face like in a 'Head and Shoulders' advertisement- watch out- your dandruff free hair may end up sticking to your lips making you can look like Cousin It.

These are rather interesting. If you can move past the stickiness, the colors are beautiful and there is high shine. They are nice layered over a boring matte lipstick.
The product stays on my lips for about 2 hours and is relatively moisturizing. I kind of like the twisty system. I don't know if they are value for money as they are suspiciously easy to use up- but I don't care as I like using things up.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Hands down, the best gloss out there.
Been using 'Berry' for over 10 years and people will still ask me what gloss I'm wearing. It's so shiny and lasts and lasts.

My heart broke a few years back when they discontinued 'Fig'. The best pink gloss I ever had--still can't find a replacement for that. :(

Sticky factor scale from 1 to 5:

on 2/25/2011 6:43:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Just a quick comment about Stila lipglazes. Yes, they provide a beautiful shine and they smell wonderful but I have to say, this lipgloss went rancid on me faster than any I've ever owned! It went so bad so fast that it was unwearable. And at the price I paid that is just not acceptable. I love stila eyeshadows but I will never purchase another lipglaze.

on 1/17/2011 10:00:00 PM

Didn't love the packaging, didn't have as many problems as some reviewers. A couple of clicks, swipe, okay result. Not great, but passable.

Terrible formulation -- this is kiddie make-up. Stila, I am sorry -- I have been a fan since 1997, love your shadow, but this? Yuk.

Sticky and sugary-smelling and what colour was there settled into creases pretty fast. No staying power in exchange for all the sticky. Fussy application for a gloss, thanks to the stickiness.

Product quantities in the set I bought were tiny, too; even if there'd been good gloss in there it wouldn't have been a "$120 Value." Two or three colours were cute, and the rest seemed to be begging for a swipe of eye liner used as lip liner, huge hoop earrings, and a pair of tight white jeans. A bit dated.

on 1/10/2011 2:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Other, Cool

The key to using these is to look straight down on the brush while you click. You'll see the initial color rush when it hits the clean brush. Then as you use it you will see the inner bore of the bristles increase as the gloss pumps up, you'll quickly learn how to judge how many clicks is enough. It's not rocket science, just practice and watching the right part of the applicator.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't mind the product. I don't find it to sticky. I bought a 4 pack for $20 at ulta to try them. The only thing I like about the packaging is the brush. The rest sucks. 2 of the colors (kitten and harmony) are very similar when put on the lips. The other 2 ( rose and bliss) are very nice colors. Rose is almost my lip color but better and Bliss is a light coral color. I don't think I would repurchase as I HATE the packaging.

on 7/31/2010 2:49:00 PM

I'm picky about lip gloss, but I particularly hated this one. Although it comes in a wide variety of colors, the formula is too sticky. It feels gross (and even burns a little), tastes horrible. It's so thick that it doesn't even look nice. I returned mine.

Popular Lip Glosses