Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by hair type : Wavy age: 25-29
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

2.5

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

Comes in a lot of colors. I received a set of about 10 as a gift, so I have tried many colors. Some are way too light and frosty looking, others are nice with a medium amount of subtle color. This is your average sticky gloss but for a higher than average price.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love the previous person's review! This lip gloss, not so much. I have it in Watermelon and Raspberry and they are two of my most regretted purchases. I love the concept, but the product itself is lacking (and they're too expensive for what you get). This gloss is so sticky I have trouble spreading it around on my lips. It also dries my lips terribly. It's a shame because the colors I have are really pretty. (Watermelon is a milky pink while Raspberry is a bright pinky red.) I almost never reach for these and have no plans to purchase any other colors.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I was so disappointed in these. I purchased a set of 8 on sale at Ulta, and they're a waste. Poor quality. They feel like petroleum jelly. The color payoff is weak. The staying power is weak. They're just all around.. blah. There are $1 lip glosses out there better than these. The packaging is neat but that's it.

on 3/26/2009 4:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

Too sticky - also did not care for the applicator brush. I felt like I either had too much or too little to work with.

I can't believe people buy this with how expensive it is!?! I got the minis set from Sephora to try them out since I've seen a lot of great reviews. Sadly, they didn't work out. They are sticky and I am not fond of the applicator brush. Plus, there is hardly any product for your money, even in the full size ones. I am a lipgloss addict and constantly trying new kinds, but I think I've found true love in MAC Lipgelee.

I got the Shine On Gift of Glaze set from Sephora during the clearance sale. It was my first time trying Stila lip glosses. I am a gloss junkie, so I was excited to try these. Unfortunately, I am not impressed. They are thick, goopy, and very sticky. I also do not like most of the colors in that set on my fair cool complexion. I like the packaging ok, but I prefer the doe foot wand style more than the brush.

I bought a set of Tarte Lip glosses as well and I much prefer the colors and feel of those.

on 10/2/2008 6:32:00 AM

I haven't actually purchased any of these, because I cannot justify spending $20-some dollars on lip gloss. These might be worth it if they were big beefy tubes like a juicy tube or something, but are certainly not worth the money for the miniscule amounts you actually get in those ridiculous click-pens. I've played with the testers at sephora quite a bit & I do not see why these are so expensive & so hyped. They all go on so sheer that unless you have deathly pale lips they all end up looking pretty much clear. Yes, they smell nice and are a decent enough gloss, but what's the point of having different colors if they all go on sheer? At least with lipglass you can see the colors.

on 4/5/2004 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE these!! They keep your lips shiny with beautiful color. The only thing I don't like is the pen applicator, I find them annoying since I prefer a wand applicator. But they will remain a mu staple for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I must part company and semi-sheepishly admit that I love these. Why? Because of the "glaze" effect - it's unique to this type of gloss...shimmery, translucent, slick...glazed!...not greasy, waxy, Krazy Glue, laquered, gritty, glittery, or opaque/goopy/liquid l/s. Why else? Because the Lip Glazes include *reddish*/dark *orange* corals rather than just wimpy/scary/nudey/livery/pinky/milky coral/peaches...there's a place for shades like that, but that place is not on my lips. Thank God for Stila Lip Glazes in Orange and Peach or I'd still be wandering around lost, spending *way* more than $24 trying and trying and trying shades from other lines in no avail.

on 11/10/2003 3:57:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love allmost all things Stila. And I do love the one lip-glaze pen I have (blackberry). The color is beautiful, the texture is great, and I actually like the click pen (I think it's a great idea, and after seeing all those knockoffs, I stunned Jeanine didn't patent the design!). Unfortunately, I'm afraid of using it lest it run out on me. After all, I spent $24 plus tax on it, and I want to make it last. And in this case "making it last" means not using it at all. It's so obscenely overpriced for that little bit of product that I knocked off TWO lippies. However, I'm loving the (reasonably priced) holiday lipglaze doubles sets - I bought the blue set, and I'm thinking of getting the pink one.