Stila Lip glaze

Filtered by age: 19-24
Stila Lip glaze
Lip glaze

3.1

Polybutene, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ethylene/Propylene/Styrene Copolymer, Butylene/Ethylene/Styrene Copolymer, Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Octyldodecanol, Quaternium-18 Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax/ Candelilla Cera, Beeswax (Cera Alba), Copernicia Cerifera (Carnauba) Wax/ Cera Carnauba, PENTAERYTHRITYL TETRA-DI-T-BUTYL HYDROXYHYDROCINNAMATE , Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Silica, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Lanolin Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Camellia Sinensis (Camellia) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Flavor (Aroma), Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tin Oxide, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Benzyl Cinnamate, Benzyl Salicylate, 3-Methyl-4-(2, 6, 6- trimethyl-2-cyclohexen-1yl)-3-buten-2-one, Hexyl Cinnamaldehyde, Hydroxycitronellal, Limonene, Geraniol, Citral, Linalool, Eugenol, May Contain (+/-) Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Carmine (CI 75470), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 7 lake (CI 15850), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 6 (CI 15850), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090). Contains carmine as a color additive.

I really like this collection of colours and the texture of the gloss is great. I have Blackberry, Guava and Banana and they all smell lovely and last a long time with just the right amount of gloss. However, I HATE the packaging. The twist thing has to be twisted about 5 times for anything to come out and then too much comes out so I feel like I'm wasting it. I like the brush applicator though (wish MAC would bring back Lustreglass!) and I got these at a sample sale so they were dirt cheap.

Yuck! This product was hyped up a a few years ago, and although I only just tried it recently, I have no idea why it ever got any attention. It is extremely sticky, thick, smelly, and the colors are nothing special. I couldn't imagine anyone being comfortable wearing this glaze. Definitely stay away from this product!

on 4/22/2016 1:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Just toooo sticky. The color showed up way more than I expected though, and it seems to be long lasting, it lasts over meals and drinks but I just can't stand it when my hair sticks to my lips and I can't even get the gloss off of my hair.

Something to take note of before buying this is that it's a lip GLAZE not a gloss, not a stain etc.

It differs from a gloss because a gloss feels quite slippery on the lips if you rub your lips together. A glaze however is just somewhat a color overcoat that dries quickly and has no moisturizing properties.

This lip glaze has a great color range and great color pay off however, it is very sticky and tacky your hair will get stuck to it easily, it won't feel smooth and slippery when you rub your lips together.

The only great things about this glaze is the color and packaging is great, it's like a pen, you can easily bring it with you if you would like to touch up because this does not last long, also it doesn't spill which is AMAZING. The price is a bit too much because this isn't a very affordable product and it doesn't come with much glaze either, I would say this lasts about a month if you use it everyday and touch up once through out the day.

I wore this to a party and I received compliments about the color but I experienced several challenges. At a party you are obviously dancing around having fun so my hair got stuck to my lips A LOT and when I would pull my hair away from my lips it would smudge and get around my mouth. I also suggest to not wear this if you're going to be drinking or eating a lot because your lips will get stuck to the straw and the glaze will get to your food.

Final Verdict:
Great Color
Great Packaging
Horrible Texture
Received Compliments on Color
Have to touch up regularly
Smudges
Hair sticks to it
Tacky thick

on 1/14/2015 4:44:00 PM

I really don't like these. I hate the smells, they are all so incredibly fake and overly sweet. They are very sticky, and yet they don't last that long - and they go blotchy as it fades. They are very thick, and it's really a hassle to get an even layer to begin with - expecially because the crappy brush makes the product go on quite streaky. It's close to impossible to predict how much product is going to come out - especially because you have to twist and then wait for a while to see if anything comes out - it either takes forever to get enough for a whole application, or it just gets everywhere and is ridiculously messy. I do like a few of the colours though. All in all - I really would not recommend anyone to buy these...

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

As others have mentioned, you have to twist this quite a bit to dispense the gloss and it makes irritating click sounds at each turn. I find the brush applicator leaves the product streaky on my lips, and it is sticky.

I admittedly don't like glosses in the first place, but I think this may be too much hassle even for someone who does like gloss.

This is a pretty good lip glaze.
I kind of like the paintbrush-style applicator but it's not really something you'd want to do in public if you need a quick retouch.
It lasts for a good amount of time, but it is on the thicker side so it might take an extra few moments to apply it right and smooth it.

Overally not bad at all and a nice alternative to lipstick if you want something there, but not as bold.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I love the color range of this product, so much variety! However, I have several gripes with the packaging. I do not like the twist product out method, it is messy and product gets all over the lid. Come on, Stila. The lipglazes all look beautiful on, mind you they are somewhat sticky (don't mind it too much) Will repurchase them at if at super afforadble prices. Still slighty iffy...

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

These are good glosses in general. They have a variety of colours and I like the texture- a medium stickiness that enables it to stay on decently but not so sticky it feels like glue.
The SA at Mecca Cosmetica in Myer Melbourne city mentioned that these had been reformulated from the gluey formula they once were to something more smooth, and she's right, remembering the last one a few years ago I picked up.

I picked up the Color Me Glossy set for 2013 holidays. It contains 9 'mini' lip glazes (which aren't too far from full size. These minis are .05oz and the full sizes are .08oz).
The colours are as follows:

Wildberry- a sheer pinky red with no shimmer that gives the slightest hint of pinky red with a glossy shine. smells sort of like berryish candy

Dazzleberry- a gorgeous deep berry wine colour with pink, purple and red shimmer. good for someone who wants a shimmery vampy lip without going full bold colour. smells like plum candy.

Persimmon- a bold pinkish red, no shimmer. definately the most pigmented of the set. smells like sour worms.

Strawberry Cream- a light cool baby pink cream, that goes on semi sheer. smells like synthetic strawberry candy.

Kaleidoscope- the sheerest of the set, this is a peach tinted clear gloss with multicoloured shimmer. good for layering. smells like peach candy.

Melon- a bright pinky coral with no shimmer.just as pigmented as Persimmon. can't put my finger on the scent but its pleasant.

Amaretto- a nude pink/mauve cream, no shimmer. a very neutral colour good for day wear. smells very plasticky unfortunately.

Passionfruit- a mid toned pink with fine gold microglitter. also very nice for day wear. smells similar to melon.

Overall I am very happy with this set. I paid $50AU for this (standard Australian pricing).
There is a gloss for every occasion in this set, and it is set up so you can gift them in sets of 3.

I find them moisturising, and much better value compared to buying them individually (they are about $32 each)

on 10/30/2013 10:59:00 PM

picked up the set of 9 for $28 at sephora, which is pretty cheap; its the holiday season so they were meant to be sold as stocking stuffers. yes, as some say, it is on the sticky side, but i love the way you twist the barrel to get the gloss onto the brush, as theres less risk for contamination like most lipglosses are packaged. i kept this pack but ill pick up another pack for my friends' xmas gifts :)