3.7

$47.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

4 days ago

*****This is a ramble and I apologize in advance for the annoying lack of Capitalization and Punctuation. If that' an issue for you, this is not the review you want to put yourself through***** This is a foundation that i truly go back to whenever I want to look good. I have combo dry skin and i find it hard to find the balance between the two. My skincare is great I don't particularly feel a daily need to wear makeup. But when the mood hits, I like it to WORK. This is a foundation that i can rely on and it works well with whatever i am using in regards to skincare. MY skin fluctuates, like most. Though, mine in particular can swing between the extremes of Dry, Oily and Acne. I find that this foundation plays well with my wide range of skincare and i appreciate that. When I'm in the mood for a satin finish, I can just play with the prep and find that i can get a 5-7 hr window of having a Satin Base. I can get a long lasting dewy look that doesn't melt off of my face or make it impossible to blot. I find that some foundations are harder to make look good after a blot, because they have transfer issues. Nars Sheer Glow can be blotted and you will see some color on you blot paper (I use one ply tissue), but it will look as though it was freshly applied. I cant get a Matte finish with this, because i find that the amount of powder that is needed doesn't look nice. This foundation does well with a light dusting of powder. I cant use a blotting powder during a touch up, because it will cause the foundation to crack. Now regarding the color, I use the shade Aruba. For years i relied on mixing to get my perfect shade through the seasons. I would Barcelona with Syracuse and it would work, but the cost of it would always feel like a hit to my penny pinching. I dont mind paying for quality. I have quite a few high end staples, but as soon as i find a budget version of something that does as well or better than, almost immediately transition to the cheaper product. when the shade extensions were announced, i waited a year to even see if the shades would include my perfect shade. I was randomly matched to Aruba in the Natural Radiance and it was another immediate love. I soon came the the near end of the bottle and when it was time to pick up a foundation i noticed that the Sheer Glow had my Aruba! I was so exited. I had heard that some of the shade transitions from line to line had slight variations (all workable, but i was so tired of making things work). So, I refused to get my hopes too high. Could it be that i had found my HOLY GRAIL? Could my perfect formula also have the perfect shade? YES. Imagine, for years the only shades i would get matched to was MAC NC42 (if you were good at makeup you d see it a tiny bit too orange), MUFE HD Y405 (too yellow grey), Nars Syracuse (a workable shade that requires less work that the previous mentions, but is a hint too brown and requires I carefully choose what bronzer I use that day). The formula is super easy to build up and sheer down. I do think that when I mix Sheer Glow with Natural Radiant, they make the most amazing combination. THE PERFECT BASE. Full coverage that looks like skin. AMAZING.

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Tan, Not Sure

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

from

a month ago

This is an "I am sad that this is not my Holy Grail" review. I hate searching for foundations. And in these FILTERED times, it's very difficult to find what a foundation is like in real life, not in pictures and telling what part is makeup and what part is filtered in the before and after. It's already a pain trying to compare swatches through the screen and also navigating the many numeral codes for foundations. I got lucky with my first purchase of Nars Punjab that I got pre-loved (50% off price, 90% full) and WITH a pump. I loved it. It was my most high-end foundation and I looked glowing. So easy to use when you only have 20 minutes to make your face before the office (I get up at 5.25 AM and need to be out the house by 6.15 AM). I have seborrheic dermatitis breakouts near my nose and chin and this stuff does not irritate at all. It looked good in pictures too and I swore to myself that glow is the future and I shall never buy a foundation with SPF and I would like to run to Mr Nars and ask him to bless me. Then I run out and had to pay the full price which was about A$72 WITHOUT a pump. I hate hidden costs so said to myself I would live without and anyways I read somewhere that they made it that way so you'd have to shake the bottle. It's not very messy but it is still messy and I had the nasty feeling that I was being unhygienic because the liquid was all over the mouth of the bottle. And I think my new bottle lasted shorter than my last preloved one because I was wasting a lot of it. So now comes the time when I am almost out but even though I would still repurchase if it comes down to it, for now I am back on the hunt and it's a nightmare , I tell ya because I am comparing it to this one. Punjab is said to be a "medium with a peachy golden undertones". I am a light to medium Indonesian (around NC 23-27). This shade now just doesn't cut it anymore because it's currently the rain season here so my "winter" skin doesn't work well with the peach or perhaps now my olive tones comes out more. I love the sparkles or shimmer in Sheer Glow because it makes me look healthy but Punjab now makes me look a bit sickly. The longevity is also not impressive ( the Nars liquid blush is even worse and I really wish I could take it back) and I can see my pores. It does still glow nicely which is really the greatest thing for Sheer Glow, it really had the "yes, I am rested and I didn't spend too much time on my face" look. So in conclusion I am now off to find a replacement for a seborrheic dermatitis/dry skin friendly foundation, which has a satin glowy finish with sparkles without being offensive, can be quickly used with fingers, has a nice range for yellow and olive undertones/hues/whatever, feels good but also is 20% cheaper for 30 ml inclusive of a pump, and doesn't sink into pores after 3 hours. Wish me luck, comrades!

About reviewer (16 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

EyesBlack

2.0

3 months ago

It caught my attention to purchase this foundation after they have extended their shade range. So I bought one of their new shade that I think would suit my winter skin best. The shade is Messine. Medium 3.2 For medium to medium-deep skin with olive undertones. I am quite happy with this shade as it blends on exactly like my skin colour. Doesn't look Ashy at all. It is what it is, a sheer foundation, i would say for me it is a light - to medium buildable coverage. I could still see all my acne scar spots after application and it did not last that long. Seems to fade away after like few hours to me, maybe i should try some primer that could work with it. Ok i understand the sheer part, but Glow? None of that on me. I would get better glow from the NARS All Day luminous foundation. That one is definitely my favorite compare to this one. Or perhaps, a cheaper version, like the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy Smooth is way better. Paid 43 Euros for this, such a dissapointment.

About reviewer (38 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Coarse

3 months ago

I'm the shade Tahoe. It disappears right on my skin so its a perfect shade match. It merely my skin but better. I set it with setting powder, also from NARS in the shade Sunstone. No oxidizing. No turning ashy on me. The duo makes me glow and photographs beautifully....even with flash. Doesnt feel heavy on my skin. The one thing I do not like is that it does not come with a pump. That you actually have to purchase separately which is very annoying.

About reviewer (320 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Dark, Not Sure

HairBlack, Other, Other

3 months ago

Pros -Amazing shade range/ diversity in undertones -Buildable coverage: Medium- Medium full -Beautiful texture/ velour -Breakdown after 30-45mins into a beautiful natural ‘sheer glow’ or with a few applications of fix plus -No breakouts on my sensitive acne/-prone skin Cons -Must wait 30-45mins before ‘sheer glow’ appears as it applies semi matte when powdered -Expensive -No pump provided Pretty liquid foundation with a natural glow. Recommended for those with dry to normal (and maybe just slightly oily) skin.

About reviewer (27 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

HairBrown, Curly, Fine

4 months ago

It's a good foundation! That's it! It isn't something special. A normal drugstore foundation will do the same job! I do like it, but I am knocking of 2 lippis because it is very expensive!

About reviewer (41 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinVery Dry, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

5 months ago

This is my 2nd bottle and used daily I would say that its lasted 7-8 months. Blends well and can be used as concealer, but its coverage isn't sufficient to cover dark circles around my eyes. Provides a medium buildable coverage. I does have a luminosity to it but it never looks oily or too shiny on my combinations skin. My gripe with Nars is that you have to buy the pump - not sure why its not supplied.

About reviewer (209 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Medium Brown, Warm

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

6 months ago

Not for my mature, dry skin. This was recommended to me by the Sephora MA. I dId get a great match in Mont Blanc. I find that it does have decent medium coverage but it makes my dry and mature skin look more dry and accentuates the mature texture. Now it doesn’t actually make my skin more dry or create dry patches, but it makes it look more dry and textured. I moisturize up good and also use a moisturizing primer but unfortunately it just does nothing for me. I will pass this on to my daughter as she may be able to make it work. Really wanted to make this work due to the great color match but it is awful for me.

About reviewer (80 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrown, Curly, Medium

EyesBlue

7 months ago

shade Fiji is too yellow for me. Will be back to let you know how it wears otherwise

About reviewer (34 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinNormal, Fair

HairGrey

EyesViolet

2.0

7 months ago

Got a sample of this from Sephora specifically to try it out before purchasing the bottle and I definitely did the right thing. It goes on beautifully and I tried setting it with 2 different powders, maybeloine fit me and lawless loose powder. Lawless is my holy grail and it works so much better in this case to set this foundation, as it creased badly on the day I use maybelline fit me powder. So long story short, it is beautifully initially on the skin but that doesn’t last, by the end of a 8.5 work day most has disappeared from around my nose and chin. And it’s super oily as well! It’s definitely not for oily skin types. I used the shade Deauville which is a good match for my NC20 skin tone, but definitely won’t put this foundation on for a third time!

About reviewer (81 reviews)

Age25-29