NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. I've tried from high brands to drugstore and all of them seemed too Cakey on me for some reason. But, once I tried the sheer glow I loved it. Since it was a nice coverage but looked super natural on the skin. The couple of downsides were that it oxidized dark so it didn't match as well as when it was first applied. Also, I have combination skin leaning more towards oily so by the end of the day, I had to use oil sheets just to make it look more matte. Besides those things I really do love this foundation :)

I want to start by saying that this is my holy grail foundation. After hundreds of dollars spent on the wrong products for years, I have finally found the perfect foundation. It comes in a wide range of shades and the Punjab matches my neutral/warm skin perfectly. That's right, my tone isn't just neutral, it's also warm, so it can be very difficult to find a good shade. The texture is silky and beautiful, a little goes a long way. The coverage is natural and leaves a radiant finish. I like for my skin to look alive and glowing, dewy and radiant. It also stays on for a long time, minimal touch ups are needed.
This stuff is incredible. I tend to get oily in my t-zone, so a little touch with up translucent powder after a few hours does the trick.

The price is pretty steep and Sephora no longer carries the pump in store, so you have to buy online or from a different retailer. I wish the pump came with the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted so desperately to like it. I have since reached the acceptance stage that its pretty horrendous.
Firstly, I could not find a good match for my fair, neutral, normal to dry skin. I went so far as to buy little samples before I took the plunge and paid the $30 USD for it. Everything was too yellow so I went for the lightest shade - siberia which is more neutral. It was a good match to my neck but made my face way too pale.

~for reference I have pale, oily skin with a minimal dry patches~

I purchased this foundation after my makeup artist friend told me to. I got the shade Siberia as it is quite a neutral shade which is what I prefer to use.

This foundation is full coverage but not thick on the skin. It dries down to a semi matte finish which becomes a completely matte finish if you powder it. I only do one layer as I prefer a more natural look when it comes to my skin and this foundation stays on with only one layer 10+ hours.
It gets oily for me at the 5-6 hour mark but that is what happens with most foundations for me. I do find if I powder it when re-touching up that I like to spritz my face with some spray also to avoid looking cakey. As long as I prep my skin correctly this foundation never fails me.

I would definitely recommend this foundation to any skin type as it is cruelty free & has a great shade range which is very important. It is more on the pricier side but unless I find a foundation that is cheaper that does better than I think it is worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really interested in this as I saw it all over Youtube for some reason. Famous beauty gurus praised this foundation and a lot of them almost labeled it as their holy grail...
I bought this and I was so excited to try it... first problem it was that I got the wrong shade online (I used some shade adjusting drops, so it all worked out). The second and the biggest it was that it is a very heavy foundation... it is not sheer by any means. I guess I can use it at events or (long) nights out, but for everyday use it is a big no for me. And you really need to moisturise before otherwise it is patchy. I say that and I have oily skin. The packaging is lovely, very elegant.

on 4/7/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really really love this, am in the shade Punjab and it matches my skin EXACTLY, which has never happened to me with a foundation before. My skin gets super dry throughout the day and this is one of the only foundations that looks flawless AND doesn't dry me out. I would say to still apply it with a damp beauty blender and not a brush though because it can still leave a kind of dryness to your face if applied with a brush. I would also recommend to use the Bareminerals bare skin serum concealer with this under your eyes ( I'm in the shade medium, they blend really well together). I use the NARS soft matte concealer in custard for my acne scars and it works a lot better when I put it OVER my foundation instead of under it, just as a side note. I can set this with a powder and it's good to go. Will definitely be repurchasing!

Absolutely love this foundation. I have acne-prone, fair skin and this foundation works wonders. The finish is semi matte - not dull at all!!! Pigmentation is soooo good and has a range O's shades to suit your skin. It covers all my scaring and pimples. It gives a flawless finish EVEN WITH ALL MY PORES AND TEXTURE!!! It's my go-to foundation, and recommend it to all my acne-prone goddesses out there. This ones for you!!!!

on 4/5/2017 10:50:00 PM

I purchased this in Santa Fe and it's a perfect match. I have combo/sensitive skin and also use retin a at night. I love this foundation! I have tried with a primer and without and have the same results. It is annoying that it does not come with a pump considering the price, but the key to this foundation is they want you to shake it and apply with fingertips and then use a bb if desired. I find it has a glow after a couple hours of wear and maybe will last 6 hours before starting to fade. I used to have very oily skin and as I have gotten older has become more dry, so this would probably work best for combo/ dry skin, not very oily. Highly recommend, one of my favorite foundations and has not caused any breakouts.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I have skin that leans on the dry side, and my t-zone is prone to breakouts since I have large pores. I have had fine lines for years now, and it seems as though any foundation will cake onto all my dry patches and sink into any lines or creases. Very frustrating and so I normally just use a very light amount of foundation to have a natural look. I don't like using full or heavy coverage anyway, even though I've gotten my skin to balance out more. I've recently invested in better skin care products that are actually right for my skin type instead of using whatever looked good and focusing on a cheap price. So this is my first expensive foundation. I had one of the SA's at my local Sephora color match me (in Santa Fe) and I have to say this is by far THE best foundation for my dry, sensitive skin. It does not cling to my dry patches, does not make me look cakey, and best of all it does not clog my pores. It should be noted that if you use too much of this product you WILL look cakey and dry. A little goes a LONG way with this foundation and that's a good thing since it will last me a very long time. My only complaint would be the separate purchase for the pump since this is expensive enough that it should just be included. And then once you use the pump, the nice big black cap does not really fit on the bottle anymore. I got creative with my jewelry tools and made it work for me though, LOL. Aside from that minor inconvenience, using the pump is great since #1) you don't need to use a lot of the product to achieve a nice, natural look with this foundation, and #2) with the pump you use even less product, so it will last you basically forever, lol. I really love how this foundation is not matte and makes my skin glow. I use a moisturizer, then the SmashBox Primer Water on top, let it dry, and then apply my NARS foundation. I think that combination of adding some moisture to the skin before applying NARS Sheer Glow is important because that made the foundation look amazing. I tried using it without the primer and it was difficult not to make it look a little cakey. This foundation can be worn without a setting powder in the winter for me, but I like using a setting powder since it doesn't take away the dewy glow that I get from this foundation, which I LOVE. Besides, I feel better knowing that my makeup is "set" so it just adds a little more security for me. So, then I apply the NARS diamond pressed powder (looks like shiny white crystal pressed powder). Not sure if that's the actual name, sorry. Well, this gives me THE nicest, flawless look that I've ever had with foundation, and literally feels perfect. An added bonus is that I've noticed it photographs BEAUTIFULLY. Does not heavy at all and I don't feel like I'm wearing a mask. I've been using NARS Sheer Glow foundation for about 7 months now, and I absolutely love it. Whenever I run out of this I am definitely buying it again.

This lasts well on my combination oily skin, it does get a little shiny after around 8 hours but much less than other foundations (I use a powder on top). I would say it is a medium coverage, and the finish is velvet-matte. I think it is quite expensive considering you have to buy a pump separately. Then, when you have the pump you cannot use the lid. However, I think this is a good overall foundation