NARS Cosmetics Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Cosmetics Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

First of all, the name of this is quite misleading. This baby is not sheer and is only semi-glowy. However, this is a stunning medium-full coverage foundation with a satin finish. It applies nicely with both a damp sponge and a brush - which is great as you can use whatever you have on hand. A little goes a long way, which is good as the bottle is quite pricey. It applies easily and does not stick to any dry-patches or textured area. It sits nicely over a wide variety of primers and MAC Strobe Cream as well as bare skin. It wears well throughout the day, lasting around 8 hours. It is around the 8 hour mark I get some minor separating on my chin, however this is easily fixed with a damp sponge (no extra product needed). I am satisfied with how my skin looks at the end of the day when I wear this foundation. It lasts well through the heat and humidity also. I love this foundation and can see why it is a cult favourite - I highly recommend it!

on 8/29/2018 9:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG!! Been buying this for the last 7 years now. Throughout each year I'll go out and try several other foundations to see what they're like but I always go back to this one. It gives a lovely dewy finish. It's buildable depending on what type of coverage you feel like going for. It lasts all day and doesn't look cakey on dry skin. Yes there is no pump but don't let that put you off from buying this. Would highly recommend!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is my HG foundation. It lasts well on my oily skin & it looks so beautiful. I’d say this has medium coverage and I’m fine with that. Will definitely repurchase.

on 7/2/2018 7:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I was looking for a lighter formula for warm weather. It is alcohol and fragrance free, buildable, has a large range of shades in pink, yellow and neutral based tones and a reasonable amount for the price for a premium foundation. It seems to last pretty well for several hours even in steamy weather with a primer first and finish with a talc based transparent powder and a finishing mist. I don't have a major t-zone problem or very noticeable pores and I only use foundation to even skin tone, using seperate concealers for under eye and age spots, so don't know how well it will cover imperfections when you build it up enough to really cover stuff up. It didn't show on my pores. I dotted it on using the amount I got by turning the bottle over 3 times on my thumb over the bottle opening, which isn't the most sanitary method (I need to buy the pump, which is why I gave it a low rating for packaging and lowered the overall rating). Once it was dotted around, I pressed it into my skin while spreading a bit with my fingers. Then I pressed a Beauty Blender dampened with a hydrating mist over my entire face. My skin is fair, neutral to yellow, probably NC15-20. Gobi, Light 3 is a good match. And, it looks equally good straight out of the bottle or mixed on the back of my hand with a drop of luminizer. For really steamy days, I skip the luminizer. I do wish this stuff came in a tube like KGD Manifashi, my winter fdtn of choice. The glass bottle is obviously something that needs decanting for travel.

on 6/28/2018 1:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is an okay foundation.
Don't let the name fool you this stuff isn't glowy at all on my skin, it kind of emphasizes my pores too so I don't like to layer it. Anyhow this isn't a terrible foundation, it is has good coverage it covers all my pimples and hyper-pigmentation but since I didn't get a perfect color match it is a little light on my skin and makes me look kind of ashy. The price is up there and I dont think this foundation does anything different than a good drugstore foundation like maybelline fit me so I wouldn't repurchase it again, but then when I mix this with my Mac Face and Body to amplify the coverage it works really well so I stopped using this on its own and started mixing it, works well that way. A plus side of this foundation is the ingredients are cleaner than a drugstore foundation so it doesn't irritate my highly sensitive skin yey.

on 6/23/2018 9:10:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I've gone through a couple bottles of this over the years and it's good but not perfect. Lovely creamy finish, applies well with fingers, beautiful golden/yellow undertone options, and the coverage is buildable so you can sheer it out or layer up to medium coverage depending on how good your skin is at the moment. Two cons: the lack of a pump top (technically available separately but come on, this already costs $50) and the fact that the texture becomes clingy and powdery looking about six months in.

on 6/20/2018 3:51:00 PM

I recently had a makeover with a Sephora artist where she matched me up with this foundation. It looked pretty good in the store so I purchased a bottle. As I got to the car and settled into my seat I checked out my makeup in the mirror and saw that my face had melted and settled into my pores. This was not a good start to our relationship.

I didn't get discouraged at first; I figured it wasn't compatible with the primer, went home and washed my face and redid my makeup and it looked ok. I do find the tint is too pale for me, even if my neck is pale I disagree with foundation completely matching with my neck (hello 90's look) but that's not the foundation's problem that's on the makeup chick.

The foundation is easy to apply with my brush, at first it looks nice although too dewy for my taste but after a few hours it just disappears. After some experimentation I found out what makes it melt off and settle into tiny dots all over my face - it's not at all compatible with any kind of makeup setting spray. I tried several with the same humiliating result. Yes, I wait enough time between my layers.

Really, there is nothing to like about this foundation and it just sits on my vanity unused. They can't even be bothered to include a pump with the bottle, at the price they're selling it Nars should be ashamed of themselves. I much prefer my Bobbi Brown foundation over this stuff and would never buy Nars sheer Glow again.

on 6/15/2018 1:06:00 AM

I bought this product to try out as I’ve heard many people rave about how good it was. I was not impressed with this at all. The coverage was extremely light & although I prefer light coverage, I would have been better off purchasing a $12 skin tint from the drug store. Besides being too thin and having no coverage whatsoever, this foundation does not blend well. It suggest to use your fingers to blend it out but that is unhygienic and it still looks extremely cakey, no matter how much I used. I will not be purchasing this foundation again.

Good quality make up. long lasting and durable.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I’ve been using it for years. It makes my face look great. The colour range is good for us paler people, the coverage is good and looks natural, and the staying power is excellent. I am grateful that I stocked up since Nars is no longer cruelty free and I will not but their products. Now this is only used for special ocassions and I use idun minerals or trish mcevoy otherwise.