NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 10/22/2017 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Hmm, this foundation is an interesting one for me. This was my first high end foundation purchase. A lot of research went into it, including using a sample for around a week before purchasing. I have since spent the following year testing the Mont Blanc shade and have a lot of thoughts. Firstly, as others have also said, this foundation is NOT a glowy foundation like the name suggests. On my dry skin it is actually the most matte foundation I own. Whilst the coverage is decent it can look cakey and cling on to all my dry areas. I have even put this foundation before a night out and looked in the mirror and restarted my makeup because it looked that bad. However in the last month I have discovered something that has changed this foundation for me. Mixing a drop of reship oil into this COMPLETELY changes it for me. No more clinging to my dry patches! The foundation instead sinks perfectly into my skin, is comfortable to wear and does not cake in the slightest but still covers everything I need it to. It's simply perfection. So overall the foundation on its own gets 2 stars for my dry skin but with an oil added it gets 5. With the huge range of foundations on the market, having to mix in an oil to get one to work nicely could be a pain for some, but as I am yet to find a holy grail I personally will continue to purchase this and use it with oil.

on 10/17/2017 6:20:00 AM

Well I wanted to like this. 40, Asian, humid weather, issue with open pores and fine lines. I thought I did a pretty good job buffing it in and it looked ok - not as glowy as my hg Chanel healthy glow - but heck, a lady needs options right. So I had it on for about 5 mins getting ready for work, starting perspiring a little, then stepped out of the house with my Husband to get to work. First thing he said when he took a look at my face was, "how come you have so much lines on your forehead?"

Great. I whipped out my mirror and I see craters and deep lines. Def a no no unless you have youngish and smooth skin imo.

on 9/29/2017 7:48:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have this in both Benares and Khartoum. I like both for different reasons. Khartoum is actually a bit dark for me (I can *just about* get away with it in the summer), but the colour on my skin is LUSH. I look like a have perfect, rich, deep skin. Amazing! So I do actually use Khartoum every now and then when I'm feeling like I want to be a shade and a half darker than usual. Plus that shade does kind of match my neck...

My normal shade is Benares. It makes me look fresh and like I have perfect skin naturally, so that whole "your skin, but better" really does apply here. I love this foundation. It just makes me look so glowy and healthy. It also blends very easily.

My main gripe about this foundation is the lasting power. As someone who is combination/oily, this lasts about 4-5 hours before I'm really starting to glow. And not the good kind. I guess, I'm not helping the situation by refusing to set with powder. The only saving grace here is that, this morning, I mixed Urband Decay's The Velvetizer with the foundation, and my skin looks *flawless*. And not the caked kind. The good kind. It's been about 6 hours, and this foundation is still going strong! No unnecessary dew, no unwanted oil - just perfect. So I guess that's my solution when I wear Sheer Glow.

My other grip is the bottle. No pump :-(!!! And when I do use the pump that I have to purchase separately, I can't use the original cover. So then I can't travel with the foundation. Not cool! NARS need to think of a better alternative.

All in all, I love this foundation, hence the 5 lippies, despite some of the short comings. I will always favour any foundation that allows me to look like me but perfect. I'll definitely repurchase if I ever get to finish it.

on 10/15/2017 11:02:00 AM

I reviewed this a while back and raved about it, then i had to come back again and re-edit cos it was a disappointment!

for reference I wore Punjab medium 1; shade comparisons NC30-35, ELDW 3W1 Tawny. Background info: oily combo skin type, live in humid weather environment, prefers wearing full on makeup. Heard nothing but great stuff about this. Its such a waste that it didn't work out for me, because......

IT BROKE ME OUT!!!!!! TERRIBLY!!!!!!

So much so that this product has caused me to have a relapse on my skin condition and had to be put on accutane! (am still taking accutane atm!) Cut long story short, used to be on medication a while back, and was given the clear......and about 1 year later medication free, i bought this product and tried it and boom. Back on it again.

Pros:
+ medium coverage
+ buildable coverage
+ comes with a pump (if you purchase it)
+ great match to my skin tone
+ more matte than "glowy" look they're marketing

Cons:
- price point
- clings on to dry patches
- broke me out...........UGH

I really wanted to like it...at first glance, the coverage is just what i wanted and I was very pleased with the results. But if you put on more than 1 layer, then it will start to look cakey, and drying. And it will clog pores. That was how it happened to me - despite double cleansing.

I want to stress.....NO other foundation that i've worn before this has clogged my pores, even if sometimes i wear more than one layer, and my skin was just fine. So I knew it was this foundation that was the culprit.

I live outside of US and i paid a lot for this product, and right now i'm even paying a lot more for the medication i'm currently on! I had no choice but to give it away. As a result my skin has become really sensitive and dry and i'm paying the full price of it!

Of course, what experience i've encountered might not be the same for everyone out there, so take it with a pinch of salt. Personally, i would not recommend any sensitive skin user to purchase, however, if you're really keen, perhaps you'd want to request for samples instead before coming to a conclusion!

Hope this helps!

on 10/13/2017 5:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

if you have yellow undertone with a snow white skin. the color "siberia" is perfect for you. I am shade siberia on winter and shade gobi on summer. In turkey its really hard to be a yellow undertoned fair girl cuz u cant find any light shaded foundations other than nars. I have dry/combo skin on winter and normal/combo skin on summer. Im using tons of moisturizer under this foundation and it still looks cakey and dry on my skin. Ive tried literally everything. serum+moisturizer+hydrating spray underneath and it still looks awful and it didnt give me what it promised (sheer glow?) hell no. there is no glow at all!! and its definitely not sheer cuz ANYONE can see that you are wearing a foundation. And now I have no idea how to use that. Cuz its pretty pricey in Turkey. I dont wanna waste it but I think i ll have to pass on to someone

on 10/4/2017 1:34:00 PM

I wanted so bad to like this foundation as it had been on my wishlist for ages! I finally gave in and bought the foundation (and paid even more for a separate pump which is ridiculous) in the shade Siberia..I am an nc15 for reference..The colour matched my neck but washed me out terribly- people in work kept asking me if i was feeling ill!

The coverage is medium-ish but the finish is very matte and dead looking on me, clings to dry patches i didnt even know I had and gets oily and moves around on the T zone...Reminds me so much of Loreal True Match except TM is much more flattering and probably about €35 cheaper and comes with a pump!!!

I am normal/combo skin and dont usually have issues with dryness! But this looked sorta dry and almost transparent in places?! My guess is because it is very liquidy in texture and its like a see through coverage? Not cute and definitely not what i expect for a €43 foundation!!

Would i buy this again?? Its with a heavy heart and crushed hopes i have to say absolutely not!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

There are 2 things that I am extremely picky with when it comes to makeup - foundation and mascara. I basically want perfection, haha.

I've tried so many foundations and in the end they dissapoint or are just okay. I've seen and read about NARS Sheer Glow for a couple years now and finally got around to trying it. I've been using it for a month now and my god lord, this is perfect for my skin.

For reference my skin is: oily (if I don't keep on top of my skincare it gets dehydrated quickly), some broken capillaries on my cheeks, large pores, not sensitive, some very very fine lines. No acne except for occasional.

I use foundation to reduce any redness and even out my skin tone. I prefer a medium finish, which this product is. I'm really not asking for much ya know?

I actually think the name Sheer Glow fits, because it looks like skin, not makeup. It's not cakey, thick, sticky, matte or shiny. I wear the shade Deaville which is a light neutral shade. It matches my skin so perfectly it's shocking. I was trying it on in the store and I kept asking my husband "does this shade match?" while I applied some with my finger. He was so confused and kept saying "I don't know, did you put it on yet? I'm not seeing anything on your skin".

At first I tried applying it with my fingers as instructed, but it works far far better (for me) with a damp BB. I hold my, clean, finger over the top, shake the bottle, dot it on my skin and then use the BB. I let it sit for a min, then dust MAC blot powder all over lightly.

I'm an RN. My job is stressful and non-stop for 8-14 hours at a time. I do not have time to pee, let alone time to touch up my makeup. If my foundation is just going to look gross by the end of my shift - then I'm better off not even wearing any. NARS Sheer Glow delivers. My pt's and co-workers comment on my nice skin, not my nice makeup- big difference.

When I get home at the end of the day my face looks great. Like my skin, but better.

Like any makeup, get a few samples from Sephora and try it out. I personally love this shit.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This goes on smoothly on my face but it always settles into my tiny pores. I've tried several foundations and this is the only foundation that does that to me. It didn't break me out, though, which is always an achievement.

on 8/23/2017 6:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Misleading name. Sheer glow...? It's not glowy at all ! It's very matte.
Hate it & a waste of money. Why give it "sheer glow" when it's matte ? I just can't understand.
Light to Medium coverage, it goes on light weight. But it's too drying for my dehydrated skin.
I wanted light yellow tone foundation. Deauville is 2 shades lighter than my skin when it's fresh but it oxidizes to a shade darker than my face & looks reddish~orangy.

I have olive undertones and have difficulty finding foundations that match. Even the best foundations leave me looking reddish. Not NARS Sheer Glow! The "glow" does not mean that you will be a sparkly unicorn. It just means that your skin will look dewy. This is great for those of us who are a little older and don't want makeup settling in our lines and don't want cake face.

The coverage is not quite as long-lasting as Estée Lauder Double Wear (an excellent foundation, but too warm/red in my alleged makeup shade). I find that my face looks a bit unnatural and dry (which makes me look older) with long-lasting, shellac-style makeups. Some complained that this foundation is too heavy, but a little goes a LONG way. I find it to be lightweight as a result.

Lastly, the shade that I purchased is a true neutral color, which olive complexions often need to avoid looking like a brick. I hope that they never stop making this stuff. Shade purchased: Tahoe