NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 4/26/2017 8:51:00 PM

Got a sample of this product. It was simply awful. Very runny and oily and shiny. My face felt gross and heavy.

so yea was not even a medium coverage for me and I did find it not long lasting at all for summer months . way to over priced for what it is worth I have combination skin shine t zone and the cheek is dryer so it sucks for that.maybe if your normal skin would work better for you and always use primer

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I really love this foundation. I've tried from high brands to drugstore and all of them seemed too Cakey on me for some reason. But, once I tried the sheer glow I loved it. Since it was a nice coverage but looked super natural on the skin. The couple of downsides were that it oxidized dark so it didn't match as well as when it was first applied. Also, I have combination skin leaning more towards oily so by the end of the day, I had to use oil sheets just to make it look more matte. Besides those things I really do love this foundation :)

I want to start by saying that this is my holy grail foundation. After hundreds of dollars spent on the wrong products for years, I have finally found the perfect foundation. It comes in a wide range of shades and the Punjab matches my neutral/warm skin perfectly. That's right, my tone isn't just neutral, it's also warm, so it can be very difficult to find a good shade. The texture is silky and beautiful, a little goes a long way. The coverage is natural and leaves a radiant finish. I like for my skin to look alive and glowing, dewy and radiant. It also stays on for a long time, minimal touch ups are needed.
This stuff is incredible. I tend to get oily in my t-zone, so a little touch with up translucent powder after a few hours does the trick.

The price is pretty steep and Sephora no longer carries the pump in store, so you have to buy online or from a different retailer. I wish the pump came with the bottle.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I wanted so desperately to like it. I have since reached the acceptance stage that its pretty horrendous.
Firstly, I could not find a good match for my fair, neutral, normal to dry skin. I went so far as to buy little samples before I took the plunge and paid the $30 USD for it. Everything was too yellow so I went for the lightest shade - siberia which is more neutral. It was a good match to my neck but made my face way too pale.

~for reference I have pale, oily skin with a minimal dry patches~

I purchased this foundation after my makeup artist friend told me to. I got the shade Siberia as it is quite a neutral shade which is what I prefer to use.

This foundation is full coverage but not thick on the skin. It dries down to a semi matte finish which becomes a completely matte finish if you powder it. I only do one layer as I prefer a more natural look when it comes to my skin and this foundation stays on with only one layer 10+ hours.
It gets oily for me at the 5-6 hour mark but that is what happens with most foundations for me. I do find if I powder it when re-touching up that I like to spritz my face with some spray also to avoid looking cakey. As long as I prep my skin correctly this foundation never fails me.

I would definitely recommend this foundation to any skin type as it is cruelty free & has a great shade range which is very important. It is more on the pricier side but unless I find a foundation that is cheaper that does better than I think it is worth it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I was really interested in this as I saw it all over Youtube for some reason. Famous beauty gurus praised this foundation and a lot of them almost labeled it as their holy grail...
I bought this and I was so excited to try it... first problem it was that I got the wrong shade online (I used some shade adjusting drops, so it all worked out). The second and the biggest it was that it is a very heavy foundation... it is not sheer by any means. I guess I can use it at events or (long) nights out, but for everyday use it is a big no for me. And you really need to moisturise before otherwise it is patchy. I say that and I have oily skin. The packaging is lovely, very elegant.

on 4/7/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Really really love this, am in the shade Punjab and it matches my skin EXACTLY, which has never happened to me with a foundation before. My skin gets super dry throughout the day and this is one of the only foundations that looks flawless AND doesn't dry me out. I would say to still apply it with a damp beauty blender and not a brush though because it can still leave a kind of dryness to your face if applied with a brush. I would also recommend to use the Bareminerals bare skin serum concealer with this under your eyes ( I'm in the shade medium, they blend really well together). I use the NARS soft matte concealer in custard for my acne scars and it works a lot better when I put it OVER my foundation instead of under it, just as a side note. I can set this with a powder and it's good to go. Will definitely be repurchasing!

Absolutely love this foundation. I have acne-prone, fair skin and this foundation works wonders. The finish is semi matte - not dull at all!!! Pigmentation is soooo good and has a range O's shades to suit your skin. It covers all my scaring and pimples. It gives a flawless finish EVEN WITH ALL MY PORES AND TEXTURE!!! It's my go-to foundation, and recommend it to all my acne-prone goddesses out there. This ones for you!!!!

on 4/5/2017 10:50:00 PM

I purchased this in Santa Fe and it's a perfect match. I have combo/sensitive skin and also use retin a at night. I love this foundation! I have tried with a primer and without and have the same results. It is annoying that it does not come with a pump considering the price, but the key to this foundation is they want you to shake it and apply with fingertips and then use a bb if desired. I find it has a glow after a couple hours of wear and maybe will last 6 hours before starting to fade. I used to have very oily skin and as I have gotten older has become more dry, so this would probably work best for combo/ dry skin, not very oily. Highly recommend, one of my favorite foundations and has not caused any breakouts.