NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 2/24/2017 7:19:00 PM

For some reason, I've been putting off trying this for years - probably because I was scared of loving it and having to spend £32... anyway, I sidled up to the NARS counter in our most prestigious local department store, and explained I was looking for foundation. The sales assistant didn't even bother discussing their range, straight away she went for the Sheer Glow. Not sure if that was because of her assessment of my skin or whether she just rates it most highly. From online descriptions I assumed I'd be Siberia, possibly Gobi, but Mont Blanc is actually perfect for me. I'd caution that the light shades lean very yellow - I'm a neutral skin tone, with blue and green veins, and many other brands are too pink for me. Siberia is too pale (as is Chantilly concealer)! Only other porcelain types will appreciate how exciting it is not to be either the lightest available shade or rendered tangerine like by every single one. once colour matched, she used their toner, moisturiser and primer before applying the foundation - expert advice echoes other reviewers and she explained it's best applied with fingers. She also used a little Radiant Creamy Concealer in Vanilla, and set with translucent powder. I bought a lipstick but knew from bitter experience I need time to see how a foundation works for me, so I wore it home and also bought a decant for a few pounds from eBay so I could check it wouldn't break me out or look weird in different lights. So far so good, I've been using it about a month. It doesn't oxidise, I can't feel it on my skin, it doesn't make me look like a featureless egg and IT DOESNT SETTLE IN WRINKLES!!!! Which, at my age, is verging on miraculous. So, of course I've spent £32 (plus £3 for a pump and £23 on the gorgeous blush I would never have tried myself). I I can honestly say, I've never liked a liquid foundation since L'Oreal discontinued Mattique in about 1973, but this is lovely. I've been using a matte spray primer underneath (cheapo Revolution from Superdrug) and setting with my beloved Innisfree powder, and it wears very well. If I give it a bit of a fluff up with a Real Techniques stippling brush and repowder after 4-5 hours, it looks freshly applied again and stays looking nice until bedtime. I do think the price is very steep - the bottle feels smaller than other foundations, but you don't need a lot, and of course I've deducted a point for the whole 'no pump' 'buy a pump' 'now the lid won't screw on' debacle, but nothing else I've tried has come close to this. It's very easy to apply and blend, has decent coverage but looks natural, and doesn't make me look flaky or like I've got pores the size of a bin lid, and the colour is spot on. There is a reason it's considered a classic - try it, if you haven't already, especially if you're in your late 30s/early 40s and are finding that makeup highlights your lines.

I have combo oily and dry skin and so far I've been really loving this foundation. I apply toner and moisturiser before putting on my foundation and for the duration I've been using this foundation, I haven't really started flaking around my nose and cheek area. My forehead usually gets oily during the day but this foundation didn't seem to cause any excess oil to come out.

on 2/21/2017 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I use this foundation on a good skin day. I find that using my fingers is the best way to apply this product vs bb or brush (i tried with tarte airbrush). Im a NC40 for MAC and Stromboli for this foundation. I was worried it might be too light for me, but it wasn't. However, i noticed that when i have dry patches, it clings and highlights the patches. Like other reviewers, I do wish it comes with a pump.

on 2/12/2017 4:31:00 AM

I purchased this product under peer pressure from my workmates who ALL wore this to work every. single. day. (There was really only 4 of us including me) But damn I LOVE this product. As a teenager I honestly don't have a lot of money and this foundation is (proudly) the first item I splurged on with my first ever pay check. - i have no regrets whatsoever as with this product, a little goes a long way. I have purchased more lower end foundations since then and there is a very clear difference. One complaint i have for this though is that it goes on matte and gets exponentially more and more oily on my face throughout the day. but that's as expected i guess since im naturally quite oily.... all in all i rate this a 5/5 because this foundation alone is just so damn good (i am in the shade med 1) and on another note, any matte primer recommendations anyone?

My love for this foundation will last forever.
No matter what I always go back to my sheer glow. I have used so many bottles.
Sometimes I try new foundations ect but none of the match up. Holy grail for sure.

Nars state it's a glowing, natrual radiant finish foundation with a sheer build able coverage. I'd say it's medium / full coverage but it's defienetly glowing and natrual. It makes my skin look amazing. I have combination / oily skin and I'm prone to break outs but this foundation does my skin wonders, I don't break out when using it.

It's defienetly for all skin types as stated. It feels hydrating. I love the packaging.

on 2/10/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Honestly a great foundation I have ever invested my money on. I recently ran out of this and I have other high end foundations and they don't compare to Nars Sheer Glow I just love how it goes on my face and the nice finish it leaves I think this is my favorite foundation at the moment!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Best foundation I have ever used, worth the money, so hard to find makeup yellow enough and I've switched most of my set to mars now. I mix Ceylon and Stromboli depending how tanned I am.

on 2/3/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for winter
It does what it said, giving me the glow and healthy looking skin
But at the end of the day (especially in summer) I often get a lot of tiny bums on my face, like it clogs my pores.
It does oxidized a little bit and last on my skin 6-7 hrs

on 2/3/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this at Sephora after I ran out of my NARS weightless luminous foundation because I heard great things about it. First off, let me start by saying I have oily skin and acne scars. This foundation just did not last on me at all, it looks great for a few hours and then it starts to break down as well as oil starts to seep through. It does not cover acne scars well at all. Like you have to use a good amount and use a powder or concealer over it. I work in a luxury retail store with very harsh studio lighting, so it just doesn't hold up well. For me it's very uncomfortable as well because everytime the littlest strand of hair goes on my face my skin gets itchy and it's the most annoying thing in the world. So yeah basically my skin hates this foundation lol. I think it would be good and only good for people with normal skin.

on 1/30/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let's start with the name of this product. It is very misleading. Like most have already stated, it is neither sheer nor is there a glow to the finish. The coverage is probably best described as medium. The finish is a velvet or semi Matt finish. It looks like natural skin and does not look cakey. I have combination skin. I did not find that it dried out my skin or made me more oily . Nars. does a great job with their color range. I am currently using Stromboli for about a week now. It does not oxidize and matches me very well. I do need to set this foundation with a loose powder for it to last longer. I use this as my daytime foundation. I prefer something with heavier coverage for night or for going out. The packaging is very inconvenient so after trying to just use it without a pump for a few days I went out and bought the pump that is Sold separately. It makes a huge difference for me personally . Over all this is one of the best foundations to wear if you're looking for a natural look that covers imperfections fairly well.