NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 6/15/2018 1:06:00 AM

I bought this product to try out as I’ve heard many people rave about how good it was. I was not impressed with this at all. The coverage was extremely light & although I prefer light coverage, I would have been better off purchasing a $12 skin tint from the drug store. Besides being too thin and having no coverage whatsoever, this foundation does not blend well. It suggest to use your fingers to blend it out but that is unhygienic and it still looks extremely cakey, no matter how much I used. I will not be purchasing this foundation again.

Good quality make up. long lasting and durable.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I love this stuff. I’ve been using it for years. It makes my face look great. The colour range is good for us paler people, the coverage is good and looks natural, and the staying power is excellent. I am grateful that I stocked up since Nars is no longer cruelty free and I will not but their products. Now this is only used for special ocassions and I use idun minerals or trish mcevoy otherwise.

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Silver, Other, Other

Eyes: Violet

I've been experimenting with foundations since I was a girl. From the drug store to the department store, it has always been a guessing game with color matching and at least one or more compromises in terms of color, formula, and finish. Which is why I'm so very grateful to Sephora for having a color match system to help the process and to Nars for introducing the Vallauris color for Medium skin with pink undertones. As a now middle-aged beauty junkie, I'm very picky with the formulas of foundations but it's also usually where you make your first compromise. Having used full bottles of both Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk and Chanel Luminous Velvet Mattte in the last three years and loved them both for different reasons, I can tell you that this is more similar to GA LS in consistency and finish however it provides more coverage than GA LS. The wearability and feel of the foundation, however is more similar too Chanel LVM. All these foundations spread nicely with fingers and my Real Technique flat top stipple brush but for the NARS version, the fingers or a rubber makeup triangle proved to be the easiest way to go to get the Nars' promised finish, which is gorgeously natural almost like finish you get from the new Les Beiges from Chanel but way less shiny and not at all greasy like the Les Beiges. For the first time in my life, I wasn't compelled to reach for the setting powder after applying this foundation. I just loved how it looked after I stopped blending it and I quickly wiped off all my makeup from the other side of my face in Sephora JCP and put the Sheer Glow on everywhere. I later left the store with my new Holy Grail foundation, but I wasn't told that the pumps don't come with their foundation bottles and was a bit disappointed at home thinking about how messy this bottle was going to get without a pump. Stores should have pumps in stock though.

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This foundation is the REAL MVP!!! I've honestly lost count of how many times I've repurchased this product over the last 5 years. Every time I decide to try another foundation 'just to see' (and I've tried numerous) I always come back to sheer glow. My favourite things about this foundation are the consistency and build-ability. It's quite runny and feels very light on the skin, and the coverage on one application is light. But, layer this on 2-3 times and you'll actually get a very substantial medium (even verging on full) coverage, without looking cakey or dull. It's honestly a godsend for those with skin on the drier end of the scale who need varying levels of coverage (good skin times/bad skin times). I probably wouldn't recommend this for oily skin types or those with very dark scarring however.

TLDR; I will purchase this foundation forever and ever and ever amen.

on 6/4/2018 8:20:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I’m 63 w/combo skin with some breakouts and rosacea. I think I have a PhD in foundations.

At this age, I want light layers that I can build if necessary and this works for me - but ONLY if you apply it the using the “NARS technique:” warm in hand, dab and massage. Start in the middle and work out.

Beauty Blenders, brushes, even the Clarisonic foundation brush make it look like paint primer. But the warmth of your hand makes it break down.

(Insert eye roll here.)

I cocktail fair 1 & 2 and I actually get something that doesn’t look like foundation - just better skin. I use a q-tip to mix in my hand. And it takes me 5-ish minutes to get it on.

So if you’re in a hurry, this isn’t for you.

But for my older skin with fine lines, it looks as good as foundation is going to look.

P.S. I use a boatload of sunscreen underneath and a spray of Smashbox primer then a spray of MAC Fix plus after.

on 5/26/2018 12:49:00 PM

For my dry, light, mature skin, this foundation is close to perfect. I am light with pink undertones. Skin is dry, though slightly oily in T Zone. If I apply this with a Beauty Blender, it looks flawless. With a brush, it can be a bit heavy/streaky. Definitely lasts all day, though if I go out at night I touch up my T Zone.

I bought the pump. Not a big deal! This product is not nearly as expensive as, say, Armani.

NOTE: The Sephora color match says I should be in Santa Fe. WRONG. Ceylan is far more flattering/natural. Use that tool with caution!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

This product is my new favourite foundation. I have always been a fan of fuller coverage matte foundations in the past, but as long as you don't have anything major to hide, (and even then, it has buildable coverage) this foundation looks like your natural skin, only a very better looking version. It's not cakey at all, it doesn't give that heavy 'so obvious it's makeup' look. And when it says sheer, it doesn't mean it leaves a shiny tint. If you like your face matte, just use a quick powder on top and you're all set. I love having a foundation option that looks amazing yet is not full coverage and very thick. Very nice texture and has good coverage on my skin. The only way it could be better is if you didn't have to purchase the pump seperately. Excellent foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Sheer Glow? More like Sheer Blow! I don't enjoy leaving 1-Lippie reviews, but I can't help it. This is the worst foundation I have come across in a long time. I have tried to make this recent bottle to work, believe me, I have. I tried applying it with my beauty blender, my blurring foundation brush, a stippling brush, a flat brush, and I even tried using my bare fingers. I tried prepping my skin in different ways, with different moisturizers, different primers, and I tried it without. Every single method just left me with many different shades of ugly. This foundation is drying, patchy, cakey, dull and it settles in my fine lines. It also doesn't cover any imperfections, yet at the same time, is extremely cakey. It's a strange contradiction. And don't even think about using a concealer over or under this, because it will look even worse. I can't for the life of me, understand why NARS would want to market a foundation that is neither sheer, nor luminous. I really wanted it to work, because the shade, "Gobi," is almost a perfect match for my light skin with cool yellow & cool green undertones (yes, people with these undertones exist). I'm wondering if NARS changed the formula somewhere between 2016 and now, because the last bottle I purchased in 2015 was nothing like this dull, cakey mess.

Sephora sells this for $47, which will buy you 1 oz/ 30 mL of product. If you want a pump, you will have to purchase that separately. Another turn off. I absolutely do NOT recommend this product. If you want to try it anyway, get a sample at Sephora before you commit to buying it. If you want a gorgeous foundation with a sheer & luminous finish, I suggest purchasing 'MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Invisible Cover Foundation.' It is everything that NARS Sheer Glow claims to be and more, plus it cost $43 at Sephora, which is $4 less!

on 5/22/2018 11:46:00 PM

I got this in ceylan 6 and i am nc20 in mac. Fiji 5 was too orange and a tiny darker for me. Ive tried both the radiant longwear and this. I can see a very big difference in the two. The nars sheer glow is a lot easier to blend and looks more glowy hence the name. I dont know why someone says its matte and drying. On my oily combo skin its very natural and skin like. I prefer dewy over matte even though i am oily t zone gal. I think it just looks a lot more natural and less maturing on the skin.

its medium coverage which i like because with one layer it covers my lgiht acne scars and freckles. With 2 layers its pretty much full coverage.I even use less concealer for my undereyes and acne. Previously i was using the UD naked skin and i needed double layers of that to cover but its easier for that method to become cakey and mask like. Sheer glow did not cling to dry patches like the ud naked skin did. i use a beauty sponge with this foundation and it works great. ive tried my fingers but i just dont like it personally because i have a fear of touching my face.

It can oxidize a little on me but its not drastic

On cosdna the sheer glow has less ingredients that cause acne and are less irritating than the other nars foundations. I picked this over the radiant full coverage foundation because its less drying. I get oily on my noise within 3 hours but my forehead actually stays dewy and skinlike til 5 hours. I use murad oil mattifer to combat oiliness on my t zone. I dont mind this not lasting on the skin because i rarely wear foundation over 5 hours. I dont have a problem with this breaking up on me and i also try my best not to touch my face so this only transfers if i am not careful taking off my clothes. I set this with the nars translucent crystal powder only in the tzone and my undereyes. I am loving nars base makeup!

only downside is the oiliness after 4 to 5 hours so if you need a longwear and matte foundation this isnt for you but im so glad i tried even though i do have oily skin because its beautiful. You either get natural radiant finish that dont last or longwear and it being matte and drying and possibly cakey, there isnt one that delivers it all but handsdown this is the best ive tried on the market. This foundation tends to get lots of love and hate, i recommend getting a sample because i never thought id like this but i really have been wearing this and loving the look of it more and more. I only ever chose this to try because the ingredients being on the low side of acne causing. Cosdna searched a million foundations and all had so many horrible ingredients. This plus getting a pump was the best confidence booster for my acne prone acne scarred skin. Screw you hormones! Lol

I wore this for 8 hours and it held up on me pretty well. Not as well as lets say estee lauder double wear but that one is a mask lol anyways im very impressed with this foundation. It fades very gracefully on my skin.