NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Have been using this product for a while and would never go back! I really like the buildable coverage of the foundation as it means I can tailor my coverage depending on what works best for an occasion i.e natural daytime to night time. I wear the shade stromboli and during summer or when I have a spray tan I will add several drops of the Nars liquid laguna to it to create a darker shade. This product is somewhat pricey as I live in Australia but its quality undoubtedly makes it worth a more sizeable price tag. I have gotten several friends onto this foundation and will never stop using it.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Sheer Glow has been a long-standing favorite foundation of mine. For the past year, I've set aside my bottle because I've been trying out different foundations and BB creams, but nothing seemed to fill the void as well as Sheer Glow does. Now that I've started using it again, I remembered just how absolutely amazing this foundation makes my skin look.

This is a light-to-medium coverage, natural matte finish foundation. "Sheer Glow" is kind of a misleading name on first glance, as this is neither sheer nor glowy, but what I think it's supposed to imply is that because of its demi-matte finish, it allows your skin to reflect just the faintest hint of light from underneath. Basically, this does not have a luminous formula, but it works in a way that still results in a subtly glowy look. It's like the most beautiful balance of matte and dewy.

I've found that using fingers for application (as the instructions recommend) turned out the best. However, this foundation tends to cling to dry flakes, and on top of that, using fingers exacerbates that problem, so a brush or BB is better for those areas. Still, the flakiness goes away pretty quickly as your face naturally gets more oily throughout the day, so most of the time I don't bother with any other tool besides my fingers. This has good lasting power, perfect for work, and it doesn't get excessively shiny as long as you use powder.

For my NC15, yellowy-olive skin, Gobi is the most spot-on match I've ever had in any face product. So there's yet another reason I love this foundation so much. NARS tends to have very yellow-leaning colors in their foundations, even in their supposedly neutral-toned shades, so you absolutely have to color match in person before buying. If you can tolerate the idea of spending $47 on a foundation, and your skin is not too far on the oily side, I highly recommend this one. Plus, now that NARS is available at Ulta, I feel even less guilty about shelling out big bucks for this!

Nars Sheer Glow in Barcelona used to be my favorite foundation. I remember i bought 2 or 3 of these bottles. Then i started to realize how yellow and mask-like this foundation could be on me (i'm about NC25). I supposed my skin also changed in that it got patchy in some areas. I echo the others that it's best applied with fingers and the packaging is inconvenient sometimes since it doesn't come with a pump but you can buy it separately.

on 1/14/2017 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This foundation is absolutely HG. I use very little with a beauty blender, and it looks natural and my skin has a beautiful glow. The coverage is definitely medium to full, but using a tiny bit gives me a sheerer coverage, which is what I want. I purchased the color Deauville, which I can pull off, but next time I will purchase Mont Blanc, because it's a little cooler and suits my complexion more than Deauville. As another reviewer stated, Deauville is more yellow-based than neutral. The price is steep, $45 USD, but at the pace I'm using it, it will last me a year or more.

on 1/14/2017 3:10:00 PM

I started off on the wrong foot completely with this foundation! I was originally going to order light 4 - deauville after watching various YouTube videos but a little voice in my head was saying you'd better get matched, that's a lot of money if you get it wrong.

So off I went to House of Fraser and the girl on the Nars counter (who couldn't look less interested if she tried) decided that the shade for me was light 1 Siberia! Erm are you sure?? I'm never the lightest shade in anything! Yes another girl comes over and they both assure I am in fact Siberia. A bit hesitant but assured that 2 of them can't get it wrong I duly hand over my money and buy the pump too for good measure. At home I'm so excited to try it on and off I trot to try it out. OMG! I look like an extra from the Adams family. Notice that it went on nicely but can't take in anything else for my blinding white face!

Back to House of Fraser who switch it for Deauville no problems. Wow that's better! Perfect match for me. I started off putting it on with a buffing brush but it was looking kind of streaky so started using my fingers and it went on beautifully. The coverage was amazing but then again I have pretty good skin and don't have much to cover. A little goes a long way with this foundation and you are better building it up. I definitely have a new favourite foundation but at that price I won't be using it everyday.

on 1/7/2017 4:55:00 AM

love the color match! I am a foundation junky and I try any new Foundation meant for olive combination skin meant to last atleast 8 hrs on my skin at work. I have Nars SG in punjab that is a bright olive toned medium shade. it is unlike other foundations for my skin colour which for reference sake is about NC 30. I apply it with a beauty blender and it is easy to blend and work with. I wish it would come in a pump bottle though. but u live it enough that I am on my 2nd bottle!

on 1/6/2017 1:13:00 AM

All time favorite foundation I've been using this for 6 years straight. I've tried other foundations but nothing compares to nars sheer glow. My color is very hard to match and "punjab" is a perfect match in this foundation! The only con for me is that it's pricey.

on 1/5/2017 5:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

NARS sheer glow is DEFINITELY my holy grail. I've seen some people say it clings to dry patches.....BABY GIRL'S we MUST exfoliate and properly cleanse our face before we pile any kind of product on top of it. I have personally never experienced it clingy to my dry patches. I have tried Urban Decay Naked Skin, Too Faced Born This Way, Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk, Dior Star Skin, MUFE Ultra HD and Tarte Rainforest of The Sea and honestly the only thing that semi comes close to the NARS Sheer Glow lasting power and color is Cover Girl Ready Set Gorgeous...TO BE QUITE HONEST. Out of all the foundations I have tried there is something about the Sheer Glow that I cant resist. I will say without an illuminating primer it makes me rather dull but...BABY with an illuminating primer... I SHINE BRIGHT LIKE A FREAKING DIAMOND. It's insane! The packaging is horrid but its not a deal breaker for me. I also have the NARS concealer and I truly think the way they cater to all skin types and just their classic packaging alone is making me a true NARS addict! I can go on and on about this product because it is just amazing. LASTS all freaking day and leaves my already naturally beautiful skin looking almost PERFECT. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE.

on 1/3/2017 1:41:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation costs the same (£31) as my holy grail foundation, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation. However, it is a travesty to me that they cost the same. The NARS product leaves my skin feeling incredibly itchy and irritated, so much so that since I bought it, I have yet to wear it for a full day; I just hate the feeling of it on my skin.

It is also the most drying foundation I have ever used. Not only does it cling to all my dry patches and leave me looking like a cakey mess, my skin in the days after using it seems to be extra dry, and so I have to apply extra moisturiser to get it back to normal.

It does little to even out my rosacea and skin-tone problems. In fact, it doesn't do anything for my skin.

If you're thinking about buying this, I highly suggest looking into the Estee Lauder foundation instead.

on 1/2/2017 11:18:00 AM

Really confused on how much I like this foundation... this used to be my holy grail until recently I find that it latches onto my dry patches and starts to cake, especially around my nose area. I find that it's best to apply the foundation with your fingers and then blend in with your beauty blender (though this could give a lighter coverage than with a brush). I don't like the packaging though - pump is sold separate and you can't place the cap over the pump.