NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation. this is my go to foundation because you can build the coverage to what you like. The only thing I don't like is because it doesn't come with a pump.

on 1/3/2018 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Neutral

For years I'd been wearing foundations that were always slightly off and Nars has changed my life. I tried Sheer Glow on impulse but now that I have, I can understand the hype it. It has been one of the most flattering foundations for my skintone (I wear Barcelona) and generally makes my skin look great. I have dry patches that Sheer Glow doesn't emphasise but it isn't quite forgiving either as it isn't a dewy foundation. It has a natural finish, which on my dry skin reads as demi matte. It doesn't irritate my sensitive skin and is my current go-to foundation. Of course, if the packaging was changed to include a pump it would be perfect.

on 1/2/2018 5:47:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine

I¨ve sampled this foundation for the first time about 3 years ago and then kept on returning to more sampling because there were several things that I did like about it:

the obvious yellow undertone in the shade that matched well with my skin (Fiji)
the balance between it being liquid enough but not too runny
sufficient coverage

Having said that, when I ran out of my old foundation and was ready to try something new, I finally dared to invest in this one. I really really wanted to love it but frankly I haven't moved past 'i like it, it is kind of OK', and here is why:

it comes without a pump! I knew it beforehand, so bought one but, frankly, this is annoying: why make us pay extra for a pump when it is an expensive foundation? All day luminous one has basically an identical bottle and costs the same and comes with a pump. NARS, I don't get it...Next, the title is very misleading: if you expect sheer-this one is matt and is definitely a medium coverage; if you want a glow, you don't really get one... I have to give credit to NARS, though, they do say that this is a product for dry to normal skin, so perhaps if you fall under these categories, you WILL see some glow. On my combination skin, though, all I see in a while is my oily T-zone:)

Overall, though, I can say a few positive things about it- when applied and blended well, it does look nice and it is VERY easy to blend. I have read that NARS foundations are supposed to be applied with fingers; however, I learned that a brush or a sponge works just fine as well. As i¨ve already mentioned though, it does not do a perfect job of controlling oil but on some days it lasts pretty long.

Either way, I can't see a reason to re-purchase it since it does not really match my skin type and it is way more expensive than it deserves performance-wise in my case:) But at least I have formed an opinion and won't keep getting samples for years:D

on 12/31/2017 11:41:00 PM

Sooo wanted to love this product, and thought i would because it is liquidy and dewy and those foundations usually work with my dry skin. Origibally I set it with loose powder which massively dried out my skin within two hours or less, and broke apart all over my face. After trying it without a setting powder it does the same thing and looks awful and cakey and transfers without powder. Would love to know if there was some way to make this work because the colours and application is so good! But would not recommend to anyone with any slightly dry skin as it clings to dry patches and breaks apart.

on 12/31/2017 2:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

My holy grail one of the BEST foundations I have used. I have been using this for past 8 months on a daily basis, the bottle is still not empty. Medium/Full coverage without feeling to heavy. Covers my acne scars and blemishes well. Works even better with the concealer range also. Perfect for daily wear without looking too cakey and heavy. I have oily skin and suffer from acne scars and it blends well on my skin. The shade/colour ranges are wide as well.

on 12/29/2017 9:41:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I learned this foundation from watching Nikki Joy from Australia over Youtube. She raved this as one of the best foundations for oily skin. True enough, honestly I have to agree with her. Just don’t be deceived with the words “sheer glow” if you want medium coverage and you have oily skin. Coverage is sheer to medium depending on how you build it up. Plus this is also good for oily skin cause it gives that enough hydration but not making your face into an oily gunk. I also did not get pimples from using it. My co-workers even complimented how healthy my skin looks and I look glowy. So I can say this is an HG foundation and will definitely repurchase once I ran out.

I much prefer foundations with a lighter texture. Looked cakey and gross around my nose. I have normal to dry skin with mild texture in the t zone. This went straight into the trash after three applications. Looks great on some people, but not for me.

I think I found my best foundation finally. Even though my T zone is oily I still like the way this foundation looks on my skin. It has a medium coverage and last all day on my face, by the way I never touch my face unless I wash it or apply cosmetics. So, I noticed it applies much better on a silicon base. My T zone develops its shine throughout a day but I’m fine with it

on 12/16/2017 11:50:00 PM

I've purchased this foundation three times now. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and rosacea so I love that it's fragrance free and doesn't contain chemical sunscreens. It doesn't break me out at all. I wear this in Siberia and it's the best colour match I've ever had. Most other foundations are too dark and/or too pink for my skin. The foundation gives a really natural finish and provides medium coverage.

I found this foundation a little tricky to work with at first so it's worth reading the directions. When I first tried it, I put it straight on like I would any other foundation and it settled in my pores. The directions say to warm it together between your fingers first then press it on, and this works so much better. I have combination skin and the foundation doesn't break down at all in oily areas, even after a long day. It can exaggerate dry patches ever so slightly but as long as I exfoliate first and moisturise properly it glides on fairly smoothly.

Siberia is a little lighter and more olive than MAC NC10 in the Studio Fix Fluid. I tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless in 110 Porcelain which is supposed to be similar but I found that it was initially lighter and pinker than Siberia. However, the Maybelline one oxidised after a while to a similar tone to Siberia, and perhaps even slightly darker. I much preferred the texture of the Nars foundation because it gives a more natural, perfected finish - Maybelline looks a little heavier on the skin.

on 12/15/2017 2:58:00 AM

I have tried many foundations in search of the correct colour for my face. I finally found Fiji, and will never change. Sheer Glow is expensive, but it is buildable and long lasting.