NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 2/21/2017 7:43:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I use this foundation on a good skin day. I find that using my fingers is the best way to apply this product vs bb or brush (i tried with tarte airbrush). Im a NC40 for MAC and Stromboli for this foundation. I was worried it might be too light for me, but it wasn't. However, i noticed that when i have dry patches, it clings and highlights the patches. Like other reviewers, I do wish it comes with a pump.

on 2/12/2017 4:31:00 AM

I purchased this product under peer pressure from my workmates who ALL wore this to work every. single. day. (There was really only 4 of us including me) But damn I LOVE this product. As a teenager I honestly don't have a lot of money and this foundation is (proudly) the first item I splurged on with my first ever pay check. - i have no regrets whatsoever as with this product, a little goes a long way. I have purchased more lower end foundations since then and there is a very clear difference. One complaint i have for this though is that it goes on matte and gets exponentially more and more oily on my face throughout the day. but that's as expected i guess since im naturally quite oily.... all in all i rate this a 5/5 because this foundation alone is just so damn good (i am in the shade med 1) and on another note, any matte primer recommendations anyone?

My love for this foundation will last forever.
No matter what I always go back to my sheer glow. I have used so many bottles.
Sometimes I try new foundations ect but none of the match up. Holy grail for sure.

Nars state it's a glowing, natrual radiant finish foundation with a sheer build able coverage. I'd say it's medium / full coverage but it's defienetly glowing and natrual. It makes my skin look amazing. I have combination / oily skin and I'm prone to break outs but this foundation does my skin wonders, I don't break out when using it.

It's defienetly for all skin types as stated. It feels hydrating. I love the packaging.

on 2/10/2017 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Honestly a great foundation I have ever invested my money on. I recently ran out of this and I have other high end foundations and they don't compare to Nars Sheer Glow I just love how it goes on my face and the nice finish it leaves I think this is my favorite foundation at the moment!

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Best foundation I have ever used, worth the money, so hard to find makeup yellow enough and I've switched most of my set to mars now. I mix Ceylon and Stromboli depending how tanned I am.

on 2/3/2017 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Great product for winter
It does what it said, giving me the glow and healthy looking skin
But at the end of the day (especially in summer) I often get a lot of tiny bums on my face, like it clogs my pores.
It does oxidized a little bit and last on my skin 6-7 hrs

on 2/3/2017 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Neutral

I bought this at Sephora after I ran out of my NARS weightless luminous foundation because I heard great things about it. First off, let me start by saying I have oily skin and acne scars. This foundation just did not last on me at all, it looks great for a few hours and then it starts to break down as well as oil starts to seep through. It does not cover acne scars well at all. Like you have to use a good amount and use a powder or concealer over it. I work in a luxury retail store with very harsh studio lighting, so it just doesn't hold up well. For me it's very uncomfortable as well because everytime the littlest strand of hair goes on my face my skin gets itchy and it's the most annoying thing in the world. So yeah basically my skin hates this foundation lol. I think it would be good and only good for people with normal skin.

on 1/30/2017 12:08:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Let's start with the name of this product. It is very misleading. Like most have already stated, it is neither sheer nor is there a glow to the finish. The coverage is probably best described as medium. The finish is a velvet or semi Matt finish. It looks like natural skin and does not look cakey. I have combination skin. I did not find that it dried out my skin or made me more oily . Nars. does a great job with their color range. I am currently using Stromboli for about a week now. It does not oxidize and matches me very well. I do need to set this foundation with a loose powder for it to last longer. I use this as my daytime foundation. I prefer something with heavier coverage for night or for going out. The packaging is very inconvenient so after trying to just use it without a pump for a few days I went out and bought the pump that is Sold separately. It makes a huge difference for me personally . Over all this is one of the best foundations to wear if you're looking for a natural look that covers imperfections fairly well.

on 1/27/2017 3:38:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

IT GIVES A SHEER GLOW, IT ISNT A SHEER and GLOW FOUNDATION.

ffs.

Near medium coverage with a sheer glow finish.
Come on people.

Clings to dry patches.

Wears alright.

Will buy again

on 1/27/2017 8:46:00 AM

On the fence about this product! Gave in to the temptation after it has been so highly raved by so many people, but i am feeling otherwise about this foundation.

Background info: oily combo skin type, slightly sensitive skin user, blemish/acne prone and prefers wearing full faced makeup, and living in humid conditions ranging about 91.3°F on an average day.

first off: there isn't sheer nor glowy!!!!!! i got matched to the shade Punjab.

shade comparisons:
- 3w1 tawny in ELDW cushion foundation
- 3w1 tawny in ELDW
- ~NC30 in MAC

Pros:
+ medium coverage (in my opinion)
+ buildable coverage
+ you can apply it with both a buffing brush or beauty blender, both give flawless results
+ gives more of a matte finish instead of the "glowy" look it is marketing
+ matches my asian skin tone perfectly
+ wide shade range, bound to find a shade that you like
+ hasn't broke me out

Cons:
- clings on to dry patches, you have to moisturize well enough
- isn't long wearing!!!! the foundation slide off my nose area after a few hours despite setting with powder!
- doesn't come with a pump, you have to purchase it separately!!

overall, i think this product isn't bad, but then it shouldn't market itself as "sheer" and "glowy" as it doesn't deliver what it promises to do! i think this is more for people who have really oily skin in my opinion. or else you really have to moisturize extremely well before applying so that it doesn't cling on to your dry patches!

furthermore if you're new to this product it doesn't come with the pump at all, which means you spend extra money to purchase the pump they sell. you can definitely purchase some cheap pump from amazon and all but why the hassle when the brand could have just sell the product with a pump in the first place?! (answer: earn more $$$$)

my final verdict: overall an meh product. if you're really curious and wanna splurge, or just really into the brand, maybe you can consider because i believe this product can only work for certain skin types only. but if you're really keen and on the budget, pass on this! there are definitely better foundations out there that can deliver the glow at a cheaper rate!!!

hope this helps!