NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

on 8/15/2017 12:13:00 AM

This is the best foundation I've found for my skin so far. It's got good coverage and spreads easily, and seems to last all day without getting dry or shiny. That said, I always use it with a mattifying primer (Hourglassis my go to) and this helps it go the distance.
One complaint - there doesn't seem to be any colour that matches my skin, as they are either too pale or too yellowy. I end up mixing Mont Blanc and Santa Fe together and this works, but it's not ideal to have to always have two colours on the go. It's also pretty annoying that it doesn't come with the pump, but only an issue for the first purchase.

on 8/12/2017 12:21:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm always curious about this product due to the rave and the name which promises a "sheer and glow" look, so when Sephora offers a sample, I was so excited. Luckily I tried the sample before purchasing the pricey full size, as it feels neither "sheer" nor "glowy". As a fan of light, bare skin look makeup, I find this foundation is too heavy. The moment I tried it, it feels tacky on the skin. It's a medium coverage rather than a sheer one. It will suit best for someone who needs extra coverage with makeup. As for me, I always opt for sheer makeup that still reveals some of my imperfections. Overall, this product is not for me. EDIT: on photos, it does look glowy actually. However, I can still get such look with Burjois Healthy Mix Foundation which prices half.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I previously used drug store foundations. but i decided to "splurge" and buy a foundation that was specifically for my skin type, which is very dry. this foundation works very well with a moisturizer and primer prior to use.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

NARS SHEER GLOW - SIBERIA

I'm one of those girls with super pale ivory skin with yellow (not orange or pink) undertones - which makes foundation shopping a nightmare because as we all know, most pale foundations are made for blondes with cool pink undertones. Often I just mix pure white foundation with pure yellow concealer

If you're a very pale-skinned brunette, dark red-head or asian, you'll probably find "Siberia" to be a great colour match. I was previously using Armani lasting silk in shade 2, which is a very pale neutral - this has a tiny bit more yellow in it. It's a FANTASTIC shade that is very, very hard to find

I prefer matt foundations as I live in a hot and humid climate, and the suncream I wear tends to make me a little shiny. I previously was using the more matt luminous weightless, but it's so cakey I had to switch

Sheer glow in Sibera is the same wonderful shade as Luminous weightless, and is definitely less cakey. Coverage is medium, finish satin. I

Packaging is poor - no pump, which allows bacteria and air into the bottle every time you use it. I screwed on the pump from an finished bottle of luminous weighless

on 7/18/2017 5:03:00 PM

This was my first high end foundation purchase. I wanted to see what the high end could offer and I heard the best of NARS and in particular this foundation. On application it is a creamy thick texture which spreads out amazingly and you don't need too much for a medium to full coverage. I find that it even applies smoothly when used minimally for a sheer more natural effect. What I find I love about NARS complexion products is that they make the colours very radiant not in a shimmery, greasy way but more that it brings out the natural beauty of your skin and looks like you have a healthy complexion. I received complete with this on as it just made me look alive. I have somewhat dull and oily skin, but this lasted through the day without breaking up. But it was not oil controlling in anyway (I doubt anything really is).

The only downer for me is that it broke me out in small irritated bumps. I think I might be sensitive to some ingredient. I so loved this foundation but I had to give it away. I did find the NARS TM which I love and am glad to be back on the NARS train again.

on 7/13/2017 7:06:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

I love this foundation! It feels light weight on the skin whilst offering buildable coverage. I can have as low or high coverage as I like.

I was originally interested in this foundation as many beauty guru's recommend it. At first I was sceptical but I have to say I see what all the hype is about!

It doesn't oxidise on me and stays in place for a very long time. The finish of the foundation is very natural and gives the skin a nice glow, without being dewy. The packaging is very classy.

The only reason I gave it 4 lipsticks and not 5 is because of the price. It's expensive! I would buy it again however.

NOTE: I use the shade medium 2. I have combo skin. It matches my fake tan perfectly.

on 7/12/2017 8:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

When I first purchased this foundation I was a little on the fence and didn't understand the hype around it. However, I started using a different brush with it (normally use a real techniques expert face brush, but started using my bareminerals precision face brush) where I can dab instead of swipe this foundation on and it looked beautiful with my skin. I have dry skin and it didn't pick up on my dry patches too much, it is a medium to full coverage foundation so if you're looking for a thinner light coverage then this isn't for you. I don't mind it doesn't have a pump, aslong as the foundation works with my skin I'm not bothered about the packaging. If you're having trouble with this foundation try a different brush that is more dense and it may work better. Overall I would definitely recommend and I use this as my night out foundation

on 7/9/2017 9:15:00 AM

This is a medium coverage foundation that is suitable for normal to combination skin.
It will look cakey on dry skin and greasy on oily skin.
One pump is enough, more of it will look cakey.
It does not have spf so it is great for flash photography.
I usually set this with nars transcluent powder and it looks great.
Unfortunately, the best finish with this is to apply with hands, sponge or brush will not work.
Also you should buy pump extra. The bottle doesn't include pump
Overall, this is a nice daily foundation but I don't think I would buy again because Nars has stated that they will be selling in China too, which means they are not cruelty free anymore.
For color comparison I am NW15 at mac and light 2 at this.

on 7/6/2017 10:07:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

this is my favourite foundation but it's not perfect. i use two layers because one doesn't give me enough coverage (pigmentation etc). it doesn't stay on very long but the colour match and finish is lovely so i'm sticking with it.

on 7/5/2017 3:03:00 PM

Tired of the silly lighting in department stores and the awful mismatches the sales people kept coming up with, I splurged on a bunch of sample on eBay so I can try at home properly in natural light. I wanted to try the Sheer Glow because I liked the Nars tinted moisturiser, the first and the only Nars product I have. I was also drawn by the product name expecting it give a lit within look. This however didn't look sheer and certainly is not glowy on me. It covers well and is fairly light but after 2 hours in the heat outside it pretty much melted away, perhaps not surprisingly. I can't say that I like this any better than the tinted moisturiser, which I felt blended better. So the search for something natural that lasts a bit longer continues.