NARS Cosmetics Sheer Glow Foundation

NARS Cosmetics Sheer Glow Foundation

3.7

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Butylene, Glycol, Glycerine, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, Dimethicone, Dimethicone/Vinal Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Triethylhexanoin, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Dis-Butydimethicone Polyglyceryl-3, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sodium Glutamate, Sorbitan, Sesquiisostearate, 1-Methylhdantoin-2-Imide, Phenoxyenthanol, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Polusilocone-2, Serralysin, Curcuma Longa, Glycuosyl Hesperidin, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Tocpherol, [ /- (May Contain): CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77492 (Iron Oxides), CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), CI 77499 (Iron Oxides)].

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

The packaging has no pump and the foundation is too expensive for this kind of packaging. The was matched to Deauville but it was not olive enough for me. I found it cakey. Really disliked.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Other, Medium

I like nothing about this. Hardly covers anything and it is definitely not glowy! Too bad I paid so much for it. I had great expectations from this.

I really wanted this product to work as I had seen good reviews. Sadly, perhaps because of my age (66)
It dried my skin and looked flakey. I use loads of moisturiser every day and use Cetaphil to clean my skin.
I never use soap or water on my face. Of course, there isn’t a 1 brand fits all of any product so I will go back to my Ordinary cheap foundation! It is very subtle and always looks natural, but every now and again I like to try something different. I love the excitement of trying new makeup but usually end up sticking with my usual brands that just happen to be in the lower price ranges!

on 10/18/2018 5:20:00 PM

This is something I'd wanted to try for a while, so one payday I took the plunge. I wish I could say that I was more impressed than I was...I think on balance I prefer Radiant Longwear but this is goodie summer when you don't want or need more than the lightest coverage. I does give a nice glow but I really think that I'll stick with the Nars Tinted Moisturiser instead for light make up days, as I find that it lasts longer. Nothing wrong with this but nothing so special that I'd make it a staple...

Ma fondation favvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv jamais! Il est super léger mais très couvert. Ça laisse une belle finition. C'est comme une finition satinée mais pas trop lumineuse au point que votre visage semble gras. J'ai la peau grasse / mixte et je n'ai aucun problème avec les huiles qui viennent ou qui collent aux taches sèches. C'est un peu cher mais cela en vaut vraiment la peine. J'ai essayé beaucoup de fondations et aucune d'entre elles ne se compare à celle-ci. Je suggère à chacun d'obtenir un échantillon chez Sephora et de voir la magie se produir

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I've finally found my HG fnd, after believing such a thing didn't exist. I have combo leaning dry skin and this formula agrees with it perfectly. It makes my skin look dewey, but I don't look like a grease ball at the end of the day when my oils eventually breaks through. This provides just enough coverage to even out my skintone. The color mont blanc is the best skin match I've ever found. When I was testing it out in store, I swiped it over my cheek and it matched my tone, before I had even blended it in. I usually have the issue of fnds cracking and creasing in my smile lines that run from nose to mouth, no matter what I've primed with. Not so with this product and it's been a revelation! The only con I've found with this fnd is there's no pump, you have to buy it separately and I find that pretty annoying. $47usd and you can't even put a pump on it?!! Come on Nars... Besides that, this is still the best I've ever found. If you have fairly clear skin that leans dry this just might be perfect for you. Highly recommend!

Just wish there was more pinky shades, I literally poured half of med 1.5 and med 2 in to one bottle. That gives me my closest match.

on 9/28/2018 1:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse

This is a solid foundation. It's neither sheer nor glowy. It's medium-leaning-more-to-full coverage. I have oily skin and regularly use a primer and setting powder. This foundation holds up quite well, even in warm weather. I do have some shine/oil peeking through by the late afternoon, but nothing that I don't experience with other foundations. I think it applies well with both a beauty blender/other sponge, or a brush. It is very annoying that this foundation doesn't come with a pump and that I had to purchase the pump separately. I am not planning on purchasing this again because I'm finding that I'm liking lighter foundations, and this feels a little too heavy on my face.

on 9/27/2018 12:31:00 PM

I really liked it, but since then, I've found a better option at Sungrace with their Liquid White UV Foundation. In my opinion, it delivers more value for a better price, even more because it uses 100% natural ingredients. I really liked to use this foundation by NARS, but since I started experimenting with what Sungrace offers, I won't look back! continued >>

First of all, the name of this is quite misleading. This baby is not sheer and is only semi-glowy. However, this is a stunning medium-full coverage foundation with a satin finish. It applies nicely with both a damp sponge and a brush - which is great as you can use whatever you have on hand. A little goes a long way, which is good as the bottle is quite pricey. It applies easily and does not stick to any dry-patches or textured area. It sits nicely over a wide variety of primers and MAC Strobe Cream as well as bare skin. It wears well throughout the day, lasting around 8 hours. It is around the 8 hour mark I get some minor separating on my chin, however this is easily fixed with a damp sponge (no extra product needed). I am satisfied with how my skin looks at the end of the day when I wear this foundation. It lasts well through the heat and humidity also. I love this foundation and can see why it is a cult favourite - I highly recommend it!