Garnier hydra lock light moisturising milk

Garnier hydra lock light moisturising milk

4.4

on 3/4/2017 12:36:00 AM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

So, I am actually applying this product to myself as I write this review; looking at the bottle, I thought to search up reviews for it, and write my own.

I'll start with off with the packaging: 4.5/5 because it's your basic squeeze-bottle, yet it's thin and not made of hard-plastic so you can squeeze the life out of it to extract all its precious contents pretty easily. Or cut it open with scissors (may require some effort, or sharp scissors). Nothing bad to say about it, really.

Price: £3.47 for 400ml, that's £0.87 per 100ml if you like looking at prices that way (I know I do.)

Now, let us begin the rest of the review!

A typical lotion texture which is very easy to spread onto skin with even just a little amount, and does not feel heavy or greasy, and it absorbs within minutes. There is a tiny tacky feeling on your hands, though, but it's not disgusting like honey or anything, and goes away once your disperse more of the product (or you know, wash your hands.) A slight shiny look to the skin, but it's pretty much your normal "I have lotion on but it makes my legs look sexy AF" (as f***).

Reading the ingredients list, the top five show: Aqua/water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Urea, Paraffinum, Liquidum/Mineral Oil.
Okay, that is six, but I thought users would be interested to know mineral oil is it.

* Aqua/water is almost always the top ingredient; skincare products need a base and it's liquid, so we'll ignore that.
* Glycerin is a humectant; that means it draws water from the air, into the skin and helps prevent moisture loss (note, will be least effective depending on how low your country's humidity is.)
* Cyclopentasiloxane is a type of silicone, so that helps makes this lotion glide on your skin during application.
* UREA! Here we are, the most important thing that makes this product great. Urea dissolves the intercellular matrix of the cells of the stratum corneum, promoting desquamation of scaly skin, eventually resulting in softening of hyperkeratotic area.

What does that mean? It basically makes your skin hella soft since it's normally made into products for people with dry skin conditions, dry, cracked, calloused, rough and hardened skin of feet, hands, and elbows! It breaks down the dead skin so it reveals your softer side.
Sounds amazing, right? Well, it is! There are some ingredients in the cosmetic world worth researching and knowing about, and I believe urea is one of them. Already, Garnier Hydralock has a pretty nice ingredient list.

I actually really like this body moisturiser, and I would repurchase this over rich body butters or emollients that still make my skin feel greasy the very next day. Every time I have used this moisturiser I have noticed my skin feeling incredibly soft the next day.

on 7/21/2014 6:35:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This is a great body moisturiser for after the shower. It is easy to apply and is absorbed very fast. It is very hydrating and I have noticed a good improvement in my skin's texture. Love it and will definitely repurchase.

Skin: Dry, Dark, Not Sure

LOVE LOVE LOVE! my skin feels baby soft after using this and it really hydrates my skin and it looks much smoother, has a nice smell too

In Europe the name of this product is HydraFix. Well, as I said earlier in other reviews I am very picky about smells... This lotion would be perfect if it wasn't for the smell.... Smells like nuts or something... Annoys me a lot... But my extremely dry skin feels baby smooth with this... It is really effective. So, for those who don't mind the nut/butter (I am not that precise when describing smells) is a great option!!!

on 1/4/2011 6:51:00 PM

I've tried a lot of low end moisturisers from Boots and superdrugs and some from Bodyshop (both light and heavy ones) and I always found myself come back to this one. I've never tried the rich texture version as my skin isn't that dry but I do use it on a daily basis. It absorbs really fast and it doesn't feel sticky (Vaseline! talking about you!) aftewards. It's normally quite cheap anyway but sometimes it's on offer like half price. It hasn't got much smell to it, if anything it's a very neutral smell so even my husband can use it and he did.

This review is for GARNIER HYDRALOCK (which i did not find listed on MUA) - not the light version!

I hated this product ever since the first application. I was looking for something very moisturizing - but this was TOO MUCH!
It's like putting olive oil on the skin and trying to rub it in. Very thick, oily and sticky. I've never seen a body lotion like this.
I used it after taking a bath and I could not put on clothes for one hour, because I was feeling sticky and oily. It takes a lot of time to get absorbed by the skin.

Probably this is why they made the "light" version...

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my absolute favourite body milk of all time. It is super smart in the sense that it sinks in right away to the deeper layers of skin, whilst still providing outstanding hydration. I suffer from oily skin and often get blocked pores on my arms but this hydrates well and leaves no greasy residue behind. It is suitable for all skin types and i would recomend this to anyone.

on 8/1/2009 1:22:00 PM

i have the big one of this as it was half price in superdrug. Now normally i wouldnt turn to garnier for a moisturiser i prefer butters and more natural creams but my sister had this in her room and i thought i would give it a try lol

This stuff does something i have never found any other moisturiser to do and that is actually absorb into the skin really well it leaves it soft and within a minute on my arms it has completley dissapered no greese no residue! for me this is a definate plus point and its something that bugs me with butters and thick creams. it contains palm oil no mineral oil- im not sure how good this is for your skin but it feels nice and does a good job!

Im not sure about the 24hrs moisture claim but i will report back. if you want something light weight, non greasy or sticky and easily absorbed then this is totally the guy to choose!

Popular Lotions / Creams