Clinique Acne Solutions Oil Control Cleansing Mask

3.7

Active: Salicylic Acid (1%), Other: Water, Kaolin, Butylene Glycol, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Sodium Lauroyl Sarcosinate, Glyceryl Stearate, Peg-100 Stearate, Gentian Root Extract, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Sucrose, Matricaria, Algae Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Powder, Acetyl Glucosamine, Inulin, 1,2-Hexanediol, Capryl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Chlorphenesin, Phenoxyethanol, Titanium Dioxide

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I actually have this on right now lol. I use 3 times a week and leave on for about half hour while in the bath. Sometimes I do a quick 5 mins before I go to work and then I don't have to blot at all that day.

My skin has been acting out like crazy this past month - I've been getting pimples on my cheeks like never before, all puffed up, painful and swollen, and pretty damn deep as well. Just joy. This is all the reason of some hormonal inbalance, I believe; I suddenly started suffering from oily skin right at the beggining of this year and I guess it took those 8-9 months for my pores to get perfectly clogged and start swelling one after another. The Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions foundation at least keeps the breakouts somewhat at bay while I'm wearing it, otherwise I think each time I removed my makeup I would have found out my skin had become even more of a pimple farm over the past few hours.

So flashback to last night. I tried the mask for the first time: left it on for a couple of minutes (it dried pretty quickly thanks to its light texture, unlike most clay masks I've tried before) and rinsed it off (again, got it off really easily because of the texture). Skin felt kind of... treated. It was pretty tight and a little dry, and I had to use a toner to relieve that, but in my opinion this aspect of the mask is pretty positive. To me, it's either this or two washes with sulfuric soap - anyhow, I want my skin to be less oily. So I went to bed, and I woke up today and -- OH MY GOD. My skin hasn't looked this good for weeks since the breakouts started! Existing pimples are 80-90% flatter and less painful and no new breakouts have formed - well, except for a tiny whitehead on my chin that I squeezed out in one movement and looking at my skin, I can't even tell whether it was there. My skintone looks much more alive and bright as well! I'm usually a mixture of a grayish ghostly white and an irritated pink - not today. I looked much healthier, not so irritated, radiant and smooth. This isn't harsh like other acne masks, either - but much more effective. LOVE.

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I bought this product last weekend when I went to the clinique counter to purchase the Deep Cleansing Mask. Long story short, the mask I wanted has been discontinued so I ended up buying this instead. it took three uses to get the desired result: noticeably matte skin after use. Also, the deep cleansing mask used to leave my skin smooth and soft, this product doesn't do that. I have to use this three times a week to get the results I used to get previously from the other mask. on a positive note, this mask did help to reduce marks from a pimple I had above my lip while simultaneously extracting impurities from a pimple I currently have. I guess that's what this product addresses well, acne. but if you need a mask to reduce oiliness in your skin don't buy this mask.

I used this clay mask for about a year and a half. It's decent as a spot treatment in reducing size of pimples/overall inflammation. I find that it calms down my skin and redness considerably after washing it off. I use it particularly after I pick at my acne (bad habits die hard) to heal the broken skin.

In comparison to something like the Aztec healing clay mask (which is pure bentonite clay essentially), this is much less irritating in that it won't make your face pulsate or extremely red upon removal.

I'm not sure if the salicylic acid in this has much of an effect, but I think I'll continue buying and using this clay mask.

edit: I've tried several other face masks over the course of a couple years and this is by far the best clay mask for my skin type out of all that I've tried. I will always repurchase this- a staple product for sure.

I leave on for 10 minutes and I feel so fresh and clean after

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

This is my first review in make up alley. I always consult make up alley before buying any skin care and cosmetic products. This time I'm writing my first review here because I'm SO IN LOVE with this product. I noticed huge improvement in my skin. My acnes began to disappear especially in my jawline which previously was so difficult to get rid of. I also notice that my skin is not oily anymore. I never use blotting paper anymore. I guess it has something to do with salicylic acid and clay in it. My skin is so sensitive and it can only accept salicylic acid for acne treatment. Everytime I used BP or tritenoin my skin got flaky. People said that they use this mask 2 times a week. But I actually use it every night or every 2 nights. Because I used a very hydrating cleanser and serum from artistry hydra-V line before and after this mask. So my skin stays hydrated despite frequent use of this mask. I'm on my second tube and this mask will continue to stay in my pouch.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is the best product for acne I have ever come across. I slather this on my face after wetting it, be careful because a lot of product comes out with one squeeze, and let it sit on my face for 10-15 minutes. After washing it, most of my pimples have become sort of scab like, meaning if i move it, it'll fall off. When I wake up in the morning, my face is much smoother and pimples have shrunk a ton. I just love how effective this product is, because evry product breaks my face out like crazy. So, GO BUY IT!!!

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This is my HG mask. For as long as i can remember, I have sensitive skin (and also eczema till 16 years old) and acne (have been seeing my derm since i was 11). This is one of the only masks that works for me. My pimples get smaller and all the gunk comes out after using the mask. Combined with my regular monthly facials, my skin has improved tremendously. I use this mask only once a week as I have other hydrating/ brightening masks to use and the combination of masks works for me.

This is my HG face mask. I have tried all sorts, Dermalogica, Ormorovicza, Body Shop the list is endless but I always have this in my arsenal and use it once a week.

Initially you will find it does bring up spots up to the surface because it's drawing out the impurities in your skin (that's the idea of a mask) but with regular use it will calm and balance your skin, me sing break outs become less.

I use it every Sunday night and use facial scrubs twice during the week and it seems to be a routine that has stabilised my combination skin. I still get hormonal spots on my chin/under the skin but that's due to the amount of chocolate I eat before my period. I cut down on that and I hardly get any reaction to hormones,so it's obviously doing something right!!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I don't like this product. I didn't see any "oil-control" affect. If you regularly use this mask, at least 4 or 5 times you will see a little, little bit "oil-control". But what will happen if you forget it just 1 time? Your face will produce more oil than before. Idk if it's just me or not.
Give it 3 stars because at least I didn't break out. I have a combination, very sensitive skin. But will not purchase again, so waste of money.