Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner

Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner

Not tested on animals

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan TristearatePropylene Carbonate, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Phytosteryl Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hexylene Glycol, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). /- May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007).

on 4/30/2016 11:12:00 PM

I have the oiliest eyelids, but after I put this on and let it dry, it does not budge for anything. This stuff is truly waterproof; I've taken showers and washed my face with it on multiple times, and it never comes off. Case in point: when I started using this eyeliner, I stayed at my boyfriend's place but had no eye makeup remover. I was used to other formulas that easily come off, so I rubbed and rubbed at it, first with my fingers, then with a wet napkin, and while some came off, most of it stubbornly stayed on. Eye makeup remover, oils, and moisturizers will easily remove it, however; I bring those with me, now.

Application is the only difficult thing. I'm a veteran winged eyeliner gal, and it still took me a little bit to get used to the gloopy consistency. Definitely not for beginners. Now I can do a cat eye in a bit over a minute, so for the price and the longevity, it's worth getting.

on 4/22/2016 4:17:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

A reliable, enduring liner for teary eyes.

Some companies market "waterproof" eyeliners that are composed mostly of water, and are not really waterproof. If they remove easily with water and light rubbing, then they won't be tear-proof on your eyes. I have learned this the hard way. I have been disappointed by so many eyeliners that I've lost count. To me an eyeliner is only waterproof if it withstands tears and wiping the eyes without fading, crumbling, smudging, smearing or transferring.

I bought Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner in the color Everlast, which is Milani's black. I did a side-by-side comparison with the amazing MAC Liquidlast Liner. Both MAC Liquidlast and Milani Infinite Liquid Eye Liner are both truly waterproof. As you can see below, the formulas are similar:

Ingredients of Milani Infinite Liquid Eyeliner:

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Mica, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Sorbitan Tristearate Propylene Carbonate, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Phytosteryl Isostearate, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Hexylene Glycol, BHT, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). +/- May Contain: Ultramarines (CI 77007).

Ingredients of MAC Liquidlast Liquid Eyeliner:

Isododecane, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Disteardimonium hectorite, Sorbitan tristearate, Ascorbyl palmitate, Caprylyl glycol, Hexylene glycol, Propylene carbonate, Hydrogenated palm kernel glycerides, Hydrogenated palm glycerides, Phytosteryl isostearate, BHT, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

On my eyelids, MAC's "Point Black" ink appeared to be slightly cooler and blacker (blue black as opposed to brown black) than Milani's ink, but the difference was negligible. When I wore Milani on the left eye and MAC on the right eye, no one could tell that I was wearing two different liquid eyeliners. They're both very dark and black.

I prefer MAC's brush applicator to Milani's. However, Milani's eyeliner is $7.99 and MAC's is $21. I don't know if I like MAC's brush thirteen dollars better, if you know what I mean. So I use my own eyelining brush, Shu Uemura 2R, with Milani's liquid.

Milani's Infinite Liquid does have a thick, somewhat "goopy" consistency as others have noted. That's because it doesn't contain any water, and that's one of the extraordinary things about the formula, which is what makes it truly waterproof. I personally don't find it harder to work with than a gel, and I will happily tolerate a thick texture in order to ensure that once it sets, it won't move.

PROS:

1. Once the ink has dried, it does not smear, move, transfer, smudge, flake, split, or bleed. It really is waterproof. Can be worn in the rain, to the beach, or when you might cry a lot.

2. Milani is a cruelty free brand, which probably matters to you if you are vegan or just don't like the idea of animal testing.

3. A cheaper alternative to MAC Liquidlast.

4. Safe for sensitive eyes.

TIPS:

If you don't like the brush applicator, which I don't, use your own brush. I use Shu Uemura 2R but the cheaper Real Techniques eyelining brush works very well and has synthetic bristles that are easy to clean.

Paula's Choice Gentle Eye Makeup Remover on a cotton round takes this off. Or you can use Josie Maran's Argan Oil, which works even better. Or coconut oil, if you have it in the kitchen. Or baby oil, if you can't find any of those. Also, Sephora makes Targeted Eye Makeup Remover Swabs, 20 for $5, if you travel a lot and don't want to pack a bottle of eye makeup remover and a separate pack of Q-tips. A Sephora Swab is great for a quick fix if your application isn't flawless.

I apply this eyeliner carefully and let it dry before I finish my creasework and final blending. That way if I blob some onto my eyelid I don't have to wipe off all my eye shadow and start again. Once this is completely dry, it won't budge.

CONS:

1. Not ideal for beginners who lack skill or patience.

2. The brush applicator could be improved.

3. Because it's waterproof, you need to keep oil or makeup remover handy. But that's a small price to pay for how well this lasts.

Yes, I absolutely would buy this again for the reasonable price and Olympic level performance. This is actually waterproof. It doesn't just call itself that. It passed my eye drop test, my shower test, and lasts all day and all night even on my watery eyes where so many others have failed.

To Read all 226 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

If there's one thing I can say about this product, it's bulletproof. I bought it thinking that it could replace my Maybelline Line Stiletto (pfft, not a chance). I was shocked when I first put it on and when I went to wipe it off, most of it stayed on my lids and I looked like a panda! I had to get out my makeup remover (I normally use makeup wipes but those weren't cutting it) to get this stuff off my eyes. As a top lid liner, it really sucks; if you make a mistake (which, given that the applicator is a BRUSH--- seriously, who thought that was a good idea--- you will inevitably faff up at least once), the formula is very unforgiving. For water lining, however, this is the product you want. I wore this once and (accidentally) fell asleep. When I woke up, it was still absolutely perfect. It hadn't transferred to my lower lid, so I didn't have that L from DeathNote look that a lot of pencil liners give me. I've only had this liner for a few days, so I'm still forming an opinion on it as a whole. I'm actually wearing it right now, and it has lasted me a good six hours on my waterline. One complaint I have is how freaking goopy the formula is. I have really long eyelashes, and even if I take the excess product off of the applicator, I still get a nice glob of liner stuck on my lashes. Over all, I think it's an okay eyeliner. The applicator is tricky and the formula is a little cumbersome, but if you want an eyeliner that will stay on your waterline without any chance of transferring, I highly recommend this.

on 3/18/2016 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I really like this liner. I have it in brown. I normally use gel or tarte smoldereyes skinny but this might convert me to a liquid for certain times. Good color and nice applicator. Color is a little sheer / translucent but it might be my application skills ;-). I have tried Kat Von D and like this one so much better and can buy three milani for the price of one Kat liner.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Oh I so rarely give bad reviews but this is so bad...it is so gloppy and even though the brush is fine, you can't tell because the formula is like tar. The reason I was interested was that it is water proof and it definitely is but if you make a minor mistake, you cannot fix it. Trashed...

on 2/21/2016 10:14:00 AM

I have a love hate relationship with this. I love that it stays in place and is as black as can be - you can also get a great cat eye with it. But it fucking sucks because it's so goopy and like tar. It takes forever to dry and forever to take off. Seriously....it takes 10 minutes to get a lot of it off. I'm not buying this again.

on 2/11/2016 2:12:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Waterproof fans! This liner is for you. Color payoff I have to say is on point. My skin is on the oily side, so if my waterproof liner fails on me it would be quite evident. This liner never lets me down. There can be some trickery with applying the eyeliner since the brush is not top of the line. I do notice that the product does get thick and sticky within a month or two of use. Then again, that might just be the nature of most waterproof liners. I will continue to buy but will stay on the lookout for that 'perfect' liquid liner with an awesome brush and equal staying power. This liner is pretty darn close.

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This is one of my all time HG products! It is the only eyeliner that will stay on without smudging no matter how long I wear it. (If anything, it'll fade but I'd take that over smudging any day).

It is somewhat difficult to apply and definitely not a good eyeliner if you aren't used to applying eyeliner, since the brush is so flimsy and it's hard to remove when you make a mistake. But after going through at least 3-4 tubes of this product, it gets a lot easier to work with. The formula itself gets really thick and goopy (especially the you longer have it) so I like to wipe the excess off on the side of the tube. I've gotten used to the brush so I don't really have a problem with it.

And since it is so waterproof, it will obviously take more effort to remove. I like to take a cotton pad soaked in an oil-based makeup remover and let it sit on my eye for 10-15 seconds before swiping it away and repeating. Then I'll take a Q-tip soaked in makeup remover and remove any stubborn remaining eyeliner. You really don't need to scrub! And because the formula can be kind of drying, I also like to apply a small amount of olive oil where I applied the eyeliner at night.

It can take a lot of effort with this eyeliner but for the look it gives and how long it stays, it's definitely worth it.

on 8/4/2015 1:47:00 AM

Ive gone through a few tubes of this and although I really like the formula, lasting power and overall consistency, it tends to dry out quick on me which is why I have had to repurchase although it's not empty. But in my opinion the formula gets ruined quickly and if you're not careful with placing the brush back in the tube nicely, you can permanently ruin the brush applicator, thus making winged eyeliner application a mess. I wish the brush bristles were more sturdy and less bendy so they wouldn't get ruined. Like I mentioned, make sure to close this stuff tight after each wear because for me, the formula goes bad before I'm even out of the product. I keep repurchase ng this because I always get compliments of my liquid liner with this. I guess it's because it's intensely black and it looks nice after 7 hours of wear. It doesn't smudge or make my eyes burn if it doesn't get in my eyeball. This liner and the wet n wild liquid one are the best drugstore ones I've tried and I've tried very single loreal, revlon, Covergirl and Maybelline liner. This product is fairly similar to the Maybelline ultra fine liquid liner. Same applicator and similar formula. I like it but I wish they'd give a better applicator.

on 7/5/2015 6:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I LOVE this product!!! Like many others I've tried every eyeliner out there & none of them would stay on. I do have very oily eyelids and this is the 1st and ONLY one that has worked for me. Yes, the consistency is a bit gloopy & you have watch not to get it on your eyelashes as it'll make them clump up & you won't be able to use mascara. Yes, you can't make mistakes in applying because its difficult to get off once it dries, which is about a minute. Yes, you need a little elbow grease & a really good oil based makeup remover to get this stuff off. BUT, IT'S ALL WORTH IT. This liner stays put until i take it off & for me that's a miracle.