3.6

package quality

price range

Reviews

3 years ago

Good powder, nothing more. Worth the price and works well, like a pressed transparent powder.

About reviewer (10 reviews)

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

I actually bought this on accident haha i was in a rush and i thought i was buying a creme colour correcter ( stop and read packaging before buying kids). I didn't know how to use it at first because i'd never even heard of powder colour correcter before. It's okay i don't really see a difference but it works as a nice finishing powder. I spent $10 on it and i wouldn't buy it again cause it's just not for me.

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

4 years ago

My reason for purchasing this was NOT to color correct, rather I wanted an affordable option to the Guerlain Meteorites Pearls of Powder product, used to brighten the complexion, give life to dull, tired, sallow looking skin and this product delivers on that need. Packaging is sturdy but not bulky. Texture is smooth and buttery and brings just the right amount of light and brightness to my skin. I do not use the colors independently, rather swirl my brush around the pan to mix all colors and then dust over my face for instant brightening. I like that there is no shimmer or glimmer, but you will need to be careful to not overdo it as there might be a tendency for chalkiness otherwise. This works best if applied with a light hand. If you are looking for specific color correcting powers you may be disappointed and should probably look for a cream product with coverage. In my opinion, this is best used as a finishing powder to enhance your complexion. And if you feel you are looking a bit dry after applying, spritzing rose water, fix plus, or another hydrating mist overtop makes it look even better.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Curly, Medium

5 years ago

I'm so sorry that I'd never reviewed this; I've used and loved it for YEARS to set my undereye concealer! What's not to love? It's $3, I can pick up more blue & pink or yellow powder as needed each day (the coloring under my eyes can change - more red, more sallow, etc) but a mix of all four shades generally covers all bases (ha). I use a large fluffy eyeshadow brush (mine is an old NYX brush but I love it), skate across all shades in a circle and PAT powder over my concealer under my eyes. I then apply my mineral foundation, blush, etc. and lastly my mineral finishing powder (Lucy Minerals) - none of which are applied to my undereyes. Then I take a large kabuki and LIGHTLY brush off excess ELF CP powder beneath my eyes and my face. My undereyes never look dry or powdery and my concealer never creases. I just love this stuff, love the finish and the shades and the compact lasts so long. I've never liked this as a color-corrector on my face - too light, too pastel. But do try it under your eyes!

About reviewer (472 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairSilver, Wavy, Medium

5 years ago

Yuck this was terrible. Very chalky and not natural looking on the skin. It does not blend in well at all. Very dissatisfied.

About reviewer (1081 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinVery Oily, Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

5 years ago

Pros: This product can help tone down colors on my face and it does help my face stay matte. Cons: I have light skin and this makes my face look a little chalky and pale at times. I will not buy this product again, but I will continue to use this product because I still have it.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

5 years ago

I've read some really great reviews for this and am quite astonished. It does nothing for me. I bought it to mask some redness on my cheeks, but I can't even tell I have it on. It's also quite powdery. Basically, it does nothing. The only redeeming quality of this product is the packaging. It's small & sleek and has a nice mirror. I'm thinking about digging out the powder and just using it as a mirror because, from my point of view, that's all it's good for. I would like to note that I'm not pale like the other reviewers who have had good luck with this product, so maybe it's really only designed to help those with pale skin. I have medium-light to medium skin color in the winter and medium in the summer. I do love that e.l.f. is cruelty-free and very affordable, I just don't like this product. :)

About reviewer (12 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium

HairBrown

5 years ago

Packaging quality is amazing! The product is also amazing! I use mine over primer and under foundation- neutralizes the "red." Love using less foundation! Love this product!

About reviewer (70 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinAcne-prone, Fair, Cool

HairBlond, Other, Other

EyesGreen

from

6 years ago

UPDATE (9/12/2014) I recently bought the shade "Warm" in this powder to test it out. A few things are different. First, the packaging is more matte and less square. I haven't dropped it yet, but it still feels solid and good for travelling. As for the shade, the "Warm" is a bit darker that the "Cool" and swatches very light nude as oppose to white. There is no green square in this pan, but the yellow/blue tones are present like before, as well as a darker tan color. Unfortunately, there seems to be visible particles of shimmer in this powder. Sometimes it gives my skin a look of natural luminosity, but at other times it looks off. Rawr. I definitely prefer the "Cool" toned powder and will repurchase that one. UPDATE (8/7/2014) First of all, NOOO I BROKE IT. Now, I'm not complaining: as I said earlier, this baby has gone to hell and back with me multiple times and has never shown any wear nor tear, but I think because its so soft and I had hit some serious pan, dropped it open-faced on hardwood, and stepped on it, not even this Hercules of a product could survive. Truly the best travel packaging of anything I've ever used. And I still love this stuff, even after 3 years of use. I'm a makeup flirt, but I used this on an everyday basis for that duration, and I fell in love with it more and more (I'm looking at you, pink square that I use to set my undereye concealer). This is fantastic and dirt-cheap. Do yourself a favor and get it. I love it and recommend it 100%. ______ PROS: soft texture, great packaging, adaptable, tone correcting ability for pale skin, cheap CONS: powder can be a little messy, won't work well for darker skin As a very pale, combination skinned girl who likes to keep things simple, this powder is a winner. It has become my one-stop-shop for correcting skintone, brightening my undereyes, highlighting my brow bone, mattifying my skin, and setting my concealer. For tone correction, I use a small, angled crease brush to swirl this very specifically over areas of my face (painstaking for some, but I happen to be a naturalist and perfectionist, so I love the undetectable look this method gives me).This powder works exceptionally at evening pigmentation on whitish skin like mine- ladies with more depth to their skin may find it useless or too ashy to use. This also, mind you, is not a concealer- it won't cover scars or huge breakouts, but in minimizing imperfections and creating a blank canvas, it is golden. The second best part of this powder is the packaging. Not only do I love that the four different colors are distinct and the huge mirror, but this baby is indestructible. I have dropped this, stepped on it, traveled with it, and so much more, and the clasp, hinge, mirror, and powder all all completely intact. It is sleek and effective, and that's all I can ask for as far as packaging goes. In brief, this ELF powder is a real find. For three bucks, you get an effective, pale powder that mattifies, color-corrects, and sets the skin in travel-friendly (and clumsy friendly) packaging.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

7 years ago

Color correcting ya right

About reviewer (47 reviews)

Age19-24