It Cosmetics My Sculpted Face

It Cosmetics  My Sculpted Face

4.2

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I like this product very much. I got it on an impulse off of QVC. I was taken in by the presentation, which I think is video-archived on the QVC website if you want to check it out. It really is a versatile, quality product. There are a variety of shades and finishes, both matte and more glowy. Start with a light touch with the contour shades because they are pretty pigmented. Packaging is nice.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I'm not a huge contour-er but I wanted to get the contour brush and it came in a set with the powder so I just went for it!

The packaging is nice and the powders are super creamy, very nice. You get a good range of contour colours, but on my pale skin the high light colours didn't do much for me.

I think the powder may have broken me out. You can watch me apply way too much in my demo below :) It looked ok in the video (ish?) but in real life I just looked pretty dirty.

The brush is really nice though!

To Read all 17 Reviews, Login or Join

The shades in this palette are so nice and for a while i liked it. But the pigmentation is awful and it blends really badly and patchy. I tried the Anastasia one and definitely invest in that instead it is so much better. The color payoff is so much better and a little goes a long way.

on 4/4/2015 3:00:00 PM

I was on the search for a contour pallet for a while! I didn't want to spend too much money on one so thats why I was debating. BUT I finally gave in and bought the IT's pallet that an ulta person recommended. I AM IN LOVE!!! The contour shades in this are absolutely breath taking. They are not orange at all, which I have had trouble with due to being so pale!! The only downfall is the matte highlighter, I dont like it but most people use it as a setter under their eyes. I use every shade in this pallet I love it! The highlighter is very shimmery in this its okay, I'm trying to find a different one for my very pale skin. But if you are trying to find a good contour kit, choose this one! It's well worth the money!

on 3/1/2015 9:40:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Just like most of the other reviewers, I was on the search for the ABH palette. My local ULTA had these and I was like "might as well". I LOVE this HAC (highlight and contour) palette. I believe most fair, light and medium gals would be able to use this palette.

I decided to go with powder HAC as it's easier to blend powder. I use the matte highlighter and the 3 "lighter" contour shades to do my contour. The darkest contour is too dark for me to use as contour, but works great as an eyeshadow color for me. The Shimmer white is a shimmer and not a glitter (yes!) I find the Shimmer is pretty pigmented and best applied with my ring finger to my tear duct and brow bone.

Will definitely be repurchasing this lovely gem when I done with it.

on 10/11/2014 7:30:00 AM

I have been searching for the Anastasia contour and highlight kit high and low but it's sold out everywhere. I found this palette on qvc.com so I ordered it. It was my second choice and I wasn't expecting much because I have tried a few It Cosmetics products and I wasn't that impressed. I have to say, I really love this palette. I contour my face almost daily now that I have this sweet baby. The palette comes in a cardboard case with a magnetic closure. There are six colors:
Matte White- I have been searching for years for a good matte white that did not look chalky. This is perfect. There is no shimmer to it. It brightens up the under eye, jaw line, bridge of nose, and chin.
Shimmery pinky shade- beautiful to highlight the tops of the cheek bones, the inside of the tear ducts, and brow bone.
Then there are 4 varying colors of matte bronzers. I like to mix them in order to contour out my cheek bones, nose, and around the face.
The set also comes with a clear overlay of a woman's face with the highlight and contour demonstrated. This makes it easy to see where to apply the product.
Overall, one of my favorite products. I use this every time I do my makeup. I will be buying another one for back up because it seems like more times than not, when I love a product, it get's discontinued.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I purchased this on a trip to ULTA at the suggestion of one of the beauty advisors. I went looking for the Anastasia Contour and Highlight Kit but the woman spoke so highly of this product and how it was great for all skin shades. I got it home and started to play with it. It. Was. Terrible. There are zero undertones in any of the colors and they don't blend very well. The white matte and shimmer colors look ghostly and don't blend in either. By the time I blended everything out, I went from being a nice butternut color to looking like Casper's little sister. I will just continue using the products I've been using to contour and highlight. Some of the other beauty advisors at ULTA even said they hated it and to try either the Anastasia or Smashbox. I'm glad I kept my receipt because the outcome of that product on me was very disappointing.

on 7/16/2014 2:17:00 AM

I was originally looking to buy the Anastasia Contour kit, but just happened to come across this one at Ulta. I've never been a fan of using bronzers for contouring, because the "shadows" we try to create are not naturally an orange-y tan color. They are more of a cool taupe color, which is why I always opted to use Wedge by mac with a blending brush for contouring, that is until now. The four contour shades are PERFECT shades for creating natural shadows that will last all day long. I use the matte white shade to set my under eye concealer & the more shimmery white shade to go over my cheekbone highlight (pairs beautifully with benefit's creme highlight, watt's up)

on 11/25/2012 4:47:00 PM

The first I tried using this it was on HSN (2007). I really didn't understand the concept & Jamie hadn't explained it very well on the presentation. I tried contouring my nose & my friend said "what is on the end of your nose?" LOL, I sent it back! A couple years later, Jamie partnered with QVC & much improved her explanation of her products. That & along with some very easy to follow tutorials on YouTube & I had much better success. I still have this pallet in my makeup drawer & will pull it out to use on special occasions. You can't beat it for the selection of perfectly matte, slightly gray bronzers. Pass on the highlighters, though. There are much better options to highlight with. The pallet is a bit much for daily wear if you're in the fair range & definitely I won't use these shades to contour my nose, unless I have an excellent tan going. If you're fair, try using ELF's light beige $1 powder for the nose area, or EM's soft bronzer. These are perfect shades for fair tones. I'm still giving this 5 lippies, because it brought back contouring & led cosmetic companies to come out with a much better range of matte bronzers.

on 3/22/2011 5:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium

I LOVE this! And I bought it for half price on eBay! It REALLY contours beautifully and it looks professionally done with just minimal practice (or following the instructions included if you are clueless).

It blends beautifully and does NOT budge...and can be used under or over makeup and does not seem to irritate my skin at all! The colors would work on ANYONE except for the really pale and really dark (extremes). I am right in the middle - tan/golden/olive/yellow/warm and it works brilliantly for me.

I honestly wish I had trusted my instincts and bought this MONTHS ago - I will never be on stage or in a photo without it again (who doesn't want a smaller nose, to look thinner or sculpt their chin a bit...;)

Popular Contour ProductsProducts