Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin tone : Tan
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When a mascara contains so much perfume that it makes your eyes water, that's never a good sign!. Even though my lashes are fairly long (thanks to a lash serum I use), I still would like to add a bit more definition. Having seen a beauty blog which featured 'Diorshow' in depth, I purchased a tube for myself from a Dior counter in NY. Initially it went on quite well, however on the 2nd coat it did start to clump and flake. The flaking situation eventually got so bad that I had no choice but to remove the mascara completely. Like with another brands' mascara which I tried a month or so back, I thought maybe my lash serum might have caused that, even though it had been well over 10 hours since applying it on the previous night. But it wasn't the culprit, because the same problem happened the next time I attempted to apply Diorshow on completely clean and product-free lashes.

My hunt for a good mascara that doesn't flake or clump continues...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have oily everything and this mascara does a very good job indeed of staying on all day.

There is a distinctive smell and does loose efficacy if you don't use it enough in the first 3 months.

But I think it builds good volume with one swipe - apart from the price i would get again.

on 10/22/2015 6:25:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Neutral

So I wanted to try this mascara out and I did. I know this mascara like every other one out there I'm sure got mixed reviews. Mascara is a very YMMV so what works for one person may not work for another. Having said that, this one did nothing for me. I have medium length lashes, thin and not many of them. This mascara did give me some volume, but not enough. It didn't give me any length and it was flaky. I was not impressed with this one at all. For what it costs...I don't think so. My L'Oreal Voluminous is much better. So I took this one back and bought Chanel Le Volume instead...if you have NOT tried Chanel's mascara..RUN don't walk and get it..it is AMAZING!!! So no I won't buy buying this mascara again!

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I was really excited to try this, but sadly, I just don't see anything special about this mascara. I found that it clumped on my lashes and even smeared a little. The 'drama' that it created was from the clumping, and I thought the brush was too large to get it precisely on my lower lashes. It's overpriced for being an average mascara. I think there are much better options.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've never understood the hype about this product, but I've been sucked in to try it again and again over the years. It gets very cakey and clumpy looking VERY quickly and the tube itself dries out quicker than any other mascara I've ever owned (and I've tried a lot, considering i almost never purchase the same kind twice in a row because i always want to try something new). It's over-priced and over hyped. Between my office friends and my mother's office friends (from whom i first hear about diorshow) i have never seen anyone use this who didn't have clumpy spider-leg lashes. Even if you *like* spider-leg lashes you can find drugstore alternatives.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

The roll royce of mascaras lives up to its name for me! I always have a dramatic look with this masacara.

on 11/18/2013 12:13:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I think this mascara is overpriced and overrated. It doesn't really do anything special for my lashes. I bought this because of the brand name, and I (like any other girl) like to splurge on glamor once in a while. The smell is a very strong in my opinion, and I don't need my lashes smelling like roses. I have to be objective here, and ask myself if this is worth spending that much money on? I think not, when compared to other, more reasonably priced mascaras. I like my Pop mascara right now, and my Napoleon Perdis Mesmereyes (if I want waterproof). I think they do what I want a mascara to do (definition, extension, and drama without clump). So sorry but, I'll leave this for the fashionistas out there who can afford to buy an average mascara for the price of a exceptional product... I give it one extra lipie for the wand. It is very large.

on 8/30/2013 6:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Favourite mascara down pat! It starts out perfectly thick not watery like others. Love the scent too. Never flakes. Easy to wash off. Use with the dior lash serum for amazing lashes.

on 3/16/2013 6:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Dries out, and could just fall off if you just touch it!

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I LOVE mascara.. I am addicted. I already have Long lashes.. and I am always looking for them to look better. I REALLY wanted to like this stuff.. but to be honest--- it didnt do anything great for me. I liked how the brush looked.. but it seemed like too much product got onto my lashes YET it was a semi runny type of mascara. I know--weird. It was also a bit difficult to build volume with this stuff. I've use WAY cheaper mascara that was WAY better. But you know-- as my dad always said: "Blue, your just buying the name.."--and that was EXACTLY what this was. Nothing special with this stuff. AND it dried out really quickly. If Imma pay more then 40 bucks for mascara--- it better be around for more then a couple months.. 3 months wouldve been good. I dont know--I really wanted to like this and I would ve had no prob paying the $$ for this stuff---it just didnt do anything for me tho... I guess they should stick to perfume and clothes :-/