Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by eye Color : Violet
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.8

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Eyes: Violet

I generally take mascara reviews with a huge grain of salt, and I don't really like to review them. Mascara is nearly as personal as perfume. Your natural body chemistry plus the types of scents you enjoy and find appropriate for your daily life will dictate whether a perfume is "good" or "bad." Same concept here. Everyone is searching for something different, and it really depends on your desired look, as well as how your lashes are naturally.

However, because Diorshow is one of the most popular, raved about mascaras ever, I figured I'd review this one in the name of giving some advice. Hopefully this will help someone out there. I'm not a beauty editor or a makeup SA. I'm just a girl who has spent what feels like her whole life since age 13 looking for the perfect mascara. Whenever you read or review mascaras, it's my belief that there are 3 key elements everyone should take into consideration.

1. The reviewer's natural lashes: When I was little, my lashes were super thick and long. As I've aged, they've thinned out. They're still pretty; fairly long and the outer lashes have a nice curl. But my quest has always been to get that lush doll look back.

2. The reviewer's eye shape: I have large, Bette Davis-shaped eyes. This is the key element that many, many girls leave out when they give a review. However, I can almost always spot the girls with smaller or more narrow eyes by their complaints of large brushes. IF YOU HAVE SMALL EYES, DO NOT PURCHASE THIS MASCARA! The brush is not going to make you happy. For girls with that eye shape, I would delve into Lancome's offerings, as I know that they have a lot of various brush shapes and sizes to choose from. I believe Defincils, for example, has a smaller brush. Dior's tend to be quite oversized. If you have average to large eyes, go for the Dior.

3. The look the reviewer is going for: Sophisticated drama for daytime looks, graduate classes, and low key nights out. When I want full-force, over the top drama, I go for Diorshow Blackout, which is another review altogether. (Quick take: False lashes in a tube!)

Given all those elements, here is my Diorshow review. Again, take it with a grain of salt, as we may or may not match up on the factors listed above.

I love this mascara! For a while I was using Bare Escentuals Flawless Definition Volumizing. When I switched to Diorshow, I realized what I was missing in my daily looks: Feathery, natural-ish looking lashes that are sexy yet ladylike. I look like I was born with a fantastic set of lashes when I use 1 - 2 coats of Diorshow. The look is always pin-up girl, but never too outrageous to the point of distraction. I feel comfortable wearing this to grad school classes where I'm expected to look semi-professional. This does the job, but at the same time it adds a touch of glamour, and allows me to look and feel like, well, me.

Yes, the formula's a bit dry. To me, that's one of the best things about it. It dries fast but it never looks hard or crusty. The lashes are still soft. Not as soft as the BE, but then again the BE never offered this much volume either. The oversized brush is, for me, easy to use and convenient for my eye shape. The only real downfall to this mascara is that sometimes I need to curl my lashes again afterward. However, I've always broken that beauty rule about only curling your lashes before mascara; I've always thought it looked better to do it after. I never have lashes break and I don't really lose many, so I'm comfortable doing this step after applying Diorshow. I should also add that I've never found a mascara that really curls my lashes uniformly.

All in all, I love this mascara. It plays well with others (hint: Layer a coat of this under Blackout and throw all your falsies away forever!) and looks incredible without a primer. I don't care for the price, but $24.50 for a tube that lasts 3 - 4 months isn't terrible. If you don't mind paying a bit more for this type of product, I cheerfully suggest going for it!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Eyes: Violet

Huge disappointment. Too expensive to dry out so quickly! Maybe I received an old tube? I could not tell a difference in this mascara and a much cheaper drug store brand.

on 1/3/2008 7:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Eyes: Violet

Hmm. I would not buy this for the price. It flakes, and a high-end mascara shouldn't do that.

It doesn't irritate my sensitive eyes, and I wear contacts. Points for that, of course.

But it also dries out quickly in the tube, meaning unless you load it on like a 13-year-old emo kid with a point to prove, you'll probably have to toss it before you run out.

My sample was large and went to good use for travel. I just expected a false-lash look with no clumps. I got great length out of this mascara, but it did little for volume, which surprised me so much.

on 9/29/2005 7:56:00 AM

Eyes: Violet

I like it cause it provides me dramatic look. When it cames to lashes I'm not a low profile person... Mascara is basic element of make-up. Diorshow provides volume, without clumping, separates well. Goes on and off easyly. Color brown is OK. I would rate it A (and YSL False eyelashes A+). Would repurchase.

Eyes: Violet

This is like Benefit Bad Gal but Diorshow has more volume, less clumps, less smudge and more expensive. I have only used it once (I bought it yesterday) but I'm liking it so far! I LOVE how it smells, and the smell lasts a bit I guess. I will keep updating this review as I use it more.

Video Reviews & Tutorials