Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Kinky
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.6

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I found this mascara did nothing for my lashes whatsoever.....Most drugstore mascaras are a lot better than this! great packaging... but that's about all i can say.... needed 4 coats to see i had mascara on at all.. mine went in the bin after sitting at the bottom of my drawer for years.

on 12/18/2012 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Warm

GREAT!! :))) I love this one! One of my faves

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

I held off on purchasing this mascara because I didn't see a need to deviate from my current holy grail, Maybelline The Falsies. Given that it took me several years to settle on a formulation that achieved the results I sought, why recreate the wheel? But after continually reading rave reviews, I gave into my curiosity.

I never say I won't repurchase a product unless it's completely horrid or causes an allergic reaction. But I'm having a hard time justifying a second purchase of this mascara.

And this is after I tried Blackout and exchanged it for Diorshow.

A bit about my eye drama--I like precisely that, over-the-top lashes that walk on the boundary of being false. I wear heavy (but non-smudged) kohl on my waterlines, so I need a mascara which adds as much emphasis to my lashes as I do to my lids. Additionally, I wear minimal makeup otherwise, so my eyes are my focal "wow" point of my face.

My face shape is fairly oval and has pronounced features (including wide brown eyes), so I can easily pull off dramatic looks without being overpowered by mascara. Moreover, I've always been entranced by "It Girl" makeup techniques (i.e. Clara Bow), and tend to mimic those in my daily routines.

To Diorshow. The pluses:

1) The scent. I'd gladly repurchase just for the faint rose fragrance alone. Little details such as this make the mascara quite luxurious, if even...

2) ...the formula's consistency is a bit dry. I tend to wear more layers of mascara than should be legal, so while wet formulations are a bother? Diorshow is almost on the side of brittle. Which is odd, as when the mascara is on my lashes, they remain pliable to the touch.

3) The brush. This is a thick and wide one, so be prepared for some accidental nose/corner-of-eye bumps if you have smaller eyes. It's easy to glide the bristles over and through my lashes, however--again, which given the dryness of the product, I wouldn't think would happen.

4) The lasting power. I can wear this all day without smudging, and notice minimal flaking.

The minuses:

1) Middle-of-the-road volume. Yes, it provided some volume. But most volumizing mascaras do. This one didn't provide much more than I've found in comparable formulas or price points.

2) Middle-of-the-road "extension." Now, I'm not specifically looking for lengthening properties in a volume formula, but volume alone only goes so far in providing a "false" lash appearance. Diorshow didn't curl much more than comparable mascaras, nor did it provide an appearance of big lashes. Bigger than normal? Sure, but again, most mascaras will provide a difference from the norm.

3) Lash drooping. By the end of each day when I've worn this? My lashes have lost almost 25% of their initial height. By height, I tend to apply mascara in a horizontal-then-vertical continual swoop where my lashes are almost at a 70% angle to my eyelids. Due to the formula being slightly heavier than others I've used, I compensated by only applying 1 - 2 coats. Droop persisted.

4) Gunky brush ends and tube rim. The mascara tends to collect around the rim of the tube, in addition to clumping on the ends of the brush. Because of this, the inner/outer lashes receive heavier product deposits, and can clump very easily. Given that I usually have to apply the mascara with just the center segment of the brush (or repeatedly wipe off the excess), the application process takes longer than I'd like.

5) The color. It's a mid-intensity black, nowhere close to being brown black but definitely not in the Blackout range. Just a blah black. I wish Dior would make their Blackout formula with the Diorshow brush--that may push this product closer to Holy Grail territory.

I'm a bit disappointed in this mascara. Will continue using it until I'm out, but unless I start noticing dramatic differences in results? I'm either continuing my search or going back to The Falsies as there's nothing so remarkable about Diorshow to merit continual purchases.

on 6/23/2012 6:41:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine

I have long lashes and really like this cos it doesn't clump and make them look ridiculous.. More of an everyday mascara rather than a super dramatic going out mascara but I really like it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I really love this mascara, it really lengthens my lashes & makes them look great. My only complaint about it though it seems as if it drys up faster than some mascaras though.

on 5/29/2011 2:43:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

Got as a sample. Makes my eyelashes huge and thicker (they are already huge and thick). Runs though and gives me racoon eyes, even with the Dior Primer. I use BLINC instead. Need something that WONT run

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I love this mascara, it is very pricey however i always am asked if i am wearing fake lashes when i wear it.

on 7/29/2010 11:18:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I really wanted to love Diorshow Mascara....I don't! It adds NOTHING to my lashes. I feel as if I don't even have on mascara when using Diorshow. My Covergirl Lashblast is way more efficient, and cost effective. I am so dissapointed.

Edited to add: With 2 or more coats Diorshow is more visible. Added one more lippie.

After a couple of months of giving this a try...I LOVE IT! It added great length and volume. I'm glad I didn't chuck it.

on 7/11/2010 5:37:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Other

I bought the supersize sample of this product from sephora and I am NOT impressed. At first i thought it was pretty good, decent brush,decent lengthing and volume BUT nothing I haven't been able to get from a drugstore product, Then after using it everyday for about a week it dried out!!! I am sooo glad I did not invest in the full size bottle of this joke!!! I'll stick with my CG and Maybelline products!!!

Hair: Red, Kinky, Coarse

I had been seeking out a decent mascara for ages, and decided instead of buying blindly it was time to read some reviews. I never stumbled across MUA at this point, but several other websites (including the retailer I purchased it from) had several rave reviews by Diorshow.
Spending a lot of money on one product had always been an issue with me. In theory, I know more money=better quality, but as a teenage student I'm torn between being frugal, and wanting good eyelashes. I decided to risk it with this mascara, despite it's extreme (for me) price. I purchased it for 20 (roughly $37?) which was the most I had ever spent on a mascara.
Although it is touted as the God of mascaras, my feelings were mixed. Admittedly it was a lot better than any of my previous ones; it provides good, dark colour and coverage (I have blonde eyelashes so this is a huge, noticeable factor), the brush allows for easy application, and I found it very easy to adapt to, and the smell was different, but quite pleasant in my opinion. However, it isn't absolutely gobsmaking, and I feel that it worked better straight after opening the package than it does now 2 months later. But it is a good mascara- you can apply one coat and have dark but natural lashes, and with several coats you can achieve fairly long lashes (albeit clumpy, unless you utilise an eyelash comb). But for its price, you are ultimately paying for a brand, and although good, it is overrated. But I'm yet to find a better mascara, and until I test a better one I'll stick with Diorshow.