Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Straight
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.3

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- natural looking volumized lashes
- no flaking
- no clumping (but then I only applied 1-2 light coats)
- held the curl (somewhat)
- comes off easily with jojoba oil
- scent is pleasant or strong (but then I am a daily perfume wearer)

Cons:
- expensive
- does not lengthen

Good treat but not practical on the wallet.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Expensive. But good. But is it good enough to justify the price? No. It wore like a standard drugstore mascara, and it applied like a standard drugstore mascara.

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

When I first began applying this for the very first time I got very excited with each and every brush stroke, it was looking incredible, absolutely amazing, it was beautifully adding incredible perfect volume and length, and separating my lashes, and was a perfect shade of black..I thought, holy moly, this stuff is perfection!! It even seemed to lift my lashes up. I was absolutely thrilled...for about half an hour, and then this quickly went south for me..

Ultimately, I found, after wearing this even for just less than an hour, this oddly began 'disappearing' from my lashes. GONE in less than 60 minutes. WHAT?!? But after about an hour of wear (and quite a few layers when initially applied), this looked like I only did one light layer of mascara, and this looked as if I had worn for 12 hours. It was awful. The good thing is, I did not get any transfer, no irritation, no smudging, no smearing, and no flaking. But less than one hour of decent wear..?! What is up with that!? Also, the brush is huge (kind of fat and sort of long), so if you have small eyes or not the most steady of hands, that could be a problem.

I so wish this lasted me longer than half an hour of amazing, beautiful, wear-time. But all of the other pluses for me are negated by the terrible wear time and pretty much zero lasting power. But because this disappears almost entirely from my lashes in less than half an hour, leaving me with the 'greyed out' look (I saw that term used by a fellow MUA reviewer here a long time ago), ultimately leaves me with a 'no-repurchase' for me (I had a deluxe sample of this, perhaps the full size performs better, but I do not see how that would be possible).

I loved how this looked for about half an hour, but I cannot rate a product highly that disappears so quickly.

I recently returned to this after the sales person told me it was a new formula and new bottle, at first I loved this but then after a few weeks it dried out and lost its 'false lash' effect so I now use this over the top of another lengthening and volumising mascara! I wouldnt repurchase.

on 10/30/2016 7:46:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I've used Diorshow maybe three different times now, each time from a sample acquired from Sephora. I'm happy enough with it to continue getting free samples and using those but not impressed enough to buy it. The brush is a huge spoolie. I prefer spoolies to the rubber bristle brushes, but this brush is a little unwieldy in size. The formula doesn't clump (note: no matter the mascara, I always run lashes through with a metal comb) or flake (except toward the end of three months, but almost all mascaras get crumbly as they age) and was neither too wet nor too dry. Unlike others, I found it came off sufficiently well with my normal facial cleanser at the end of the day. However, it didn't impress me with lengthening/volumizing/anything else spectacular. It was very nice, hence the four lippies; just not HG material.Given Diorshow's high price point, I (would have) high expectations (if purchasing).

I love layering with this mascara. I love the length it gives, I like to compare it with the results of my Tarte lights, camera, lashes. I never experienced flaking and it doesn't weigh down my lashes. I really like the brush too.

on 9/12/2016 2:38:00 PM

This mascara is just meh for me. I have decent lashes to begin with, longish from careprost and decently thick and this doesn't really add any drama. It takes too many coats to get an okay look for it to be worth it so I won't be repurchasing. I got a sample of Makeup Forever mascara with my purchase that I actually like a ton better and will most likely purchase that once I run out of this one.

on 4/3/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This used to be my holy grail for the most dramatic lashes possible. I thought I'd see how it works now. It's not irritating to the eyes or eyelids and it works better than almost anything. It's just that the strong perfume made me wash it off after a few hours. The scent never went away. Too bad because it gives me perfect lashes instantly. You do not need to keep applying more and more to get results. I found that 2 coats is just right. With other brands I have to put on 3 or more coats to get the same effect. The big problem is the heavy perfume and for that reason, I will be getting Dior Black Out instead from now on.

Update Apr 20/16: I tried it again using one coat on top of another brand, and this time the scent didn't bother me. I think it's less strong now. I used it on top of a disappointing mascara that gave no length. So using one coat of this on top of others might be the best way to get that fabulous look.

Update Apr 28/16: This is my hg again. In all my recent comparison photos, 3 coats of this alone looks the best. Yes - better than Hypnose. I love trying mascaras and always will, but the pictures don't lie. These lashes are fluffy, long, full, and don't look stiff, clumped or twiglike. Part of the reason for this is the brush. I have to say this is my best mascara, even with the perfume scent. I can live with it. I think it works better now than the day I bought it because it has dried slightly. The look is perfection. I'm sold. I still have a box full of mascaras that I must occasionally use, and some of them are quite good, but now I know for sure this is the best one.

Update Apr 29/16: Logically, this cannot rate as highly as Hypnose because of the awful perfume. You literally can smell it all day as if you had sprayed it on. I have to lower my rating to 4. I still love the way it makes my lashes look.

Update June 16/17: I am lowering this to 2. It's not an acceptable mascara because of the perfume. I will never buy it again.

on 3/13/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My favourite high end mascara to fluff out and plump lashes. A good drug store dupe would be Maybelline Plush. They're similar in function but Dior is blacker and makes lashes look thicker whereas Plush has a bit more separating definition. One coat is sufficient to add volume and 2 for a falsies type drama, so it's very versatile depending on how you use it. The brush is on the fluffier side but isn't too big to be unwieldy. It last all day but can smudge on lower lash line after a few hours if the coat is very thick. Removes easily with cleansing balm.

on 3/9/2016 1:37:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This mascara makes my lashes long, dark and thick, but it smudges and flakes a bit. It is also the only mascara I've tried that makes my eyes itch, so I can't use it.