Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by hair type : Other
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.2

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When a mascara contains so much perfume that it makes your eyes water, that's never a good sign!. Even though my lashes are fairly long (thanks to a lash serum I use), I still would like to add a bit more definition. Having seen a beauty blog which featured 'Diorshow' in depth, I purchased a tube for myself from a Dior counter in NY. Initially it went on quite well, however on the 2nd coat it did start to clump and flake. The flaking situation eventually got so bad that I had no choice but to remove the mascara completely. Like with another brands' mascara which I tried a month or so back, I thought maybe my lash serum might have caused that, even though it had been well over 10 hours since applying it on the previous night. But it wasn't the culprit, because the same problem happened the next time I attempted to apply Diorshow on completely clean and product-free lashes.

My hunt for a good mascara that doesn't flake or clump continues...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

If I'd read reviews ahead of time, I never would have tried this. Who wants a mascara that smells like perfume? I tried it despite the strong scent, and after one coat I was impressed at how the huge brush was easy to manage and seemed to coat every lash. After two coats, it added slight but noticeable length. . .ok, but not exactly dramatic. After three, it clumped like crazy. I combed through my lashes with a clean spoolie, and all that rosy-smelling clumpy mascara flaked right off. I'm not a stranger to getting mascara in my eye--I'm clumsy, it happens--but this stuff stung like none other. Hard pass. My $7 tube of Voluminous looks better, layers better, and lasts all day.

This is my initial review. I will do a follow up at 3 months or before, depending on results. Some.say this formula dies out after a short time, but I have also read they improved the tube to correct the problem.

I enjoy this mascara. It gives a very fluttery, full look to my lashes. The pigment is very black. I applied at 4:30 am and it wore well for a solid 13-hours and it did not flake.

I think the price stinks, but I have had very poor luck with DS mascaras. They flake, smudge, or irritate my eyes. I've tried loads and for the price I've spent on finding a decent DS brand, I could have bought several HE mascaras.
I have

on 4/27/2017 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great mascara that gives volume and intensity. I don't know much about lash length since I've never had any luck with mascaras on that front. I have short pale lashes that look almost non-existent. Diorshow makes them darker, separated and gives a good deal of volume. I basically look for natural intense lashes in a mascara, and Diorshow gives that effect.

Coupled with a lash serum, I find that it does not smudge or flake.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

An amazing mascara. Makes the lashes look amazing. It is expensive for a mascara that will probably dry out before I've used it up. If there's a sale, I would purchase.

on 11/21/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample. I think it doesn't last. At the end of the day, it's like a don't have anything on...

on 10/26/2015 7:09:00 AM

I love the new formula. It's relatively fuss free and gives nice length with a bit of volume. not as much volume as Chanel's Le Volume, but I don't experience the flaking with Diorshow that I do with Le Volume. I'm using it in black, which is not to be confused with Diorshow Blackout, which to my knowledge is still a different product. You will not get the drama with this product as you do with Blackout,yet it is a nice everyday mascara. Will definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

This was the first 'high end' mascara I owned- I got it as a gift when I was 13 or 14. Back then I didn't really have a rounded opinion of any makeup products, I just remember cherishing it, and as a 13 year old, I would open it just to smell it, rather than use it in a practical sense. In a more recent trip to Sephora, I decided to purchase it again, solely based on the nostalgic feeling I get from the smell. I still love the rosey scent (if they bottled the scent I'd be all about it), but I can say otherwise about the formula. The first few times I used this mascara it was totally fine. I loved the brush, and I loved the formula when it was fresh. I'm a fan of getting my lashes as full as possible without having to use falsies, and this definitely delivered at first. I used it with pretty good results for about a week and then it all went downhill. It got so dry that the bristles on the brush started clumping together as soon as I removed the wand from the tube- keep in mind that i DO NOT pump my mascara, because I know that it pushes excess air into the tube and dries it out much faster. It got super flaky after about two hours of wearing it, and I was left with little flakes of mascara under my eyes and on my cheeks. I would totally use a sample sized tube of this, but it dries out way too fast for it to be worth buying a full size again. That fragrance though...

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I wish i didn't like this. Unfortunately, I do. I like it on its own for a very feathery/natural but thick look, and with my other favourite (Mineral Fusion volumizing mascara) on top! When I layer the mineral fusion on top, i don't need to bother with false lashes.

Maybe it makes a beautiful base coat because it's the perfect texture. It lets the other mascara 'grip' on and look smooth, rather than some mascaras which pile up even minutely, so when you layer, the end result is not 'clean' and feathery. This gives a non-clumpy, naturally voluminous/long, feathery, pretty look. Surprisingly, despite the rose fragrance, it doesn't seem to irritate my sensitive eyes.

It does tend to flake if used on its own (without the mineral fusion on top), hence I took off 2 stars.

on 7/18/2015 1:33:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Medium

I LOVE this brush! possibly the best ever used! The mascara its self is great. I could go on all day about that brush though!