Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Combination
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Pros:
- natural looking volumized lashes
- no flaking
- no clumping (but then I only applied 1-2 light coats)
- held the curl (somewhat)
- comes off easily with jojoba oil
- scent is pleasant or strong (but then I am a daily perfume wearer)

Cons:
- expensive
- does not lengthen

Good treat but not practical on the wallet.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

When a mascara contains so much perfume that it makes your eyes water, that's never a good sign!. Even though my lashes are fairly long (thanks to a lash serum I use), I still would like to add a bit more definition. Having seen a beauty blog which featured 'Diorshow' in depth, I purchased a tube for myself from a Dior counter in NY. Initially it went on quite well, however on the 2nd coat it did start to clump and flake. The flaking situation eventually got so bad that I had no choice but to remove the mascara completely. Like with another brands' mascara which I tried a month or so back, I thought maybe my lash serum might have caused that, even though it had been well over 10 hours since applying it on the previous night. But it wasn't the culprit, because the same problem happened the next time I attempted to apply Diorshow on completely clean and product-free lashes.

My hunt for a good mascara that doesn't flake or clump continues...

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/19/2018 2:42:00 PM

I have purchased this product recently and I really like it! It gives both volume and length and the effect is quite elegant. It is also very easy to clean (no "panda eyes") and does not give me allergies so far, although I have super sensitive eyes. It is quite a dry mascara though. As for the price, I'd always pay more for a good product but, as I am prone to eye allergies, I religiously toss away mascaras after 3 months of usage. A bit of a waste in this case.

Later edit: My eyes started to twitch the last couple of months and I am starting to believe it might be from this mascara. While on holiday, I did not use any makeup and the twitching stopped, only to come back after starting to use mascara again. Will not purchase it again.

on 2/23/2018 6:47:00 PM

I have used this mascara for years it is a Beautiful Formula that will transform your lash’s ! I Would say the magic is in the wand it’s so nice and Lays on Your Mascara So Nicely it has tons of Voluminous Power So I can Promise you a lot of Volume I Would say it gives Beautiful Length,Volume,& Definition If you try it as I did with the primer prepare to get Blown Away ! This is something that you buy and keep buying as it is hard to beat!

on 1/4/2018 5:03:00 PM

I wanted to love this but the rose scene irritated my eyes which is surprising because I don’t have sensitive eyes. It also flaked. I even bought a second one to make sure I didn’t get a dud but the second one did the same thing.!

Dior Show is the best mascara of all time. I've intermittently tried many other top rated mascaras - but I always go back to Dior. Firstly, the brush makes it so easy to coat every lash. The result for me is long plump dramatic eyelashes & it lasts all day - no flaking & no panda eyes. Easy to remove too. Do not pump the bottle & learn the proper application technique & prepare yourself for amazing lashes-- no glue or ridiculous extensions needed.

on 9/27/2017 9:44:00 AM

The best I ever tried sofar, I hooked up on YSL for years but this one is better. I tried cheaper brands like Maybelline and Max Factor but I am allergic to them. My eyes are pretty sensitive and Diorshow does not irritate and has good results. Cuddo's!

on 9/23/2017 10:32:00 AM

Too overhyped, too expensive, does nothing. Heck even Maybelline's wayyyy better!

on 9/17/2017 6:12:00 PM

Great brush and good formula as long as you don't cry. It ran down my face as soon as a few tears came, couldn't even wipe it off my face. What a mess. For a mascara that's this expensive I expected a little more water resistance. Will not repurchase as there are many many better mascaras out there (Maybelline and L'Oreal for example).

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have purchased several tubes of this over the years--and it is a nice mascara--but I believe that the market has caught up with Diorshow and it is no longer super-unique. The brush is gigantic but not unwieldy, and it is the perfect applicator for the moussey formula. A lot of people probably have an issue with the scent, but I didn't mind it. I did find that the mascara tended to dry out and get more and more flaky after about six weeks of use, which definitely makes me think that it isn't worth the price.