Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Normal
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.6

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

I prefer mascaras that produce dramatic results, and I just did not get this with Diorshow. I cringe to write that it reminded me of a cheap drug-store mascara. If I would have used this without knowing its manufacturer, I would have never guessed it was a Dior product . . . As a side-note: Am I the only one who reads other people's product reviews and wonders if you may have just received a defective product? Just curious.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I started using this mascara at 16, copying my older sister.

I hadn't used it again until 10 years later and it immediately brought me back to why I loved it so much.

The smell is delicious. Dior's signature rose essence. It's aaaamazing.

Coats lashes evenly and creates a fanned-out, full effect. The brush is also one of the largest i've seen. Captures every lash and coats in rich black mascara. Back to being one of my favorites.

Definitely try this mascara if you haven't before.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Omg, it's a disaster, i tried to remove this mascara, but it sticks up to your lashes, making it hard to remove, but the effect of the mascara is super nice, making your lashes look nice , long and thick.

on 10/3/2016 5:52:00 AM

There is so much hype about this mascara and I'd heard such great things. I was really expecting amazing.

I have long, relatively thick lashes and naturally curly hair - so my lashes curl up quite a bit naturally. So I guess my expectations were a little higher again.

I was so disappointed. Despite the hype, the Diorshow didn't make my lashes look younger, didn't make them look curlier or thicker. I also found it really hard to get off when I washed my makeup off - I prefer something that doesn't take as much rubbing to get off (damaging my under eyes and making me look older = bad).

I was very impressed with the packaging and presentation, but I guess that is expected from a Dior product.

Overall, I found Diorshow to be a massive disappointment. Maybe it is better suited to someone who has shorter lashes where they would make more of a difference.

... the search for the perfect mascara for my lashes continues ..

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Looks great and works great for me

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

WTF?????? WTF IS THIS???? PEOPLE USE THIS?????

This mascara has to be some sort of a joke. I'm no makeup artist, but I've been wearing makeup daily for idk, 10-ish years? I have the dexterity to apply mascara without getting it all over my entire face.

I put this on like any other mascara. The big brush is cool, and would be amazing with a normal mascara. Sadly, not compatible with this formula--the mascara did not get applied to just my lashes, it also got applied to my upper lash line, which, when I tried to "clean up" with makeup remover on a Qtip, smudged across my entire eyelid.

And then I made the mistake of blinking. Like 30 seconds after I applied it. So now my entire lower lash line is coated in goop. So I tried to remove it from there, and I looked up. And then my entire brow bone was covered in goop.

It normally takes me a very small amount of makeup remover to clean up mascara transfer. This took me 3 cotton pads. It doesn't wipe off cleanly--it leaves black smears all over your face. And it leaves black smudges all over your fingers, which will turn into black smudges all over everything you own.

I hope that my review thus far is enough to deter anyone from spending TWENTY EIGHT ENTIRE DOLLARS on this nonsense, but just in case, I'm also going to mention the horrible chemical scent that I was convinced was actually paint thinner that some sneaky customer funneled into my tube before returning it to Sephora and pretending it was brand new. But all 3 tubes I bought (yes, I was this excited to finally be an adult and buy nice high end things) smelled exactly the same. Some people say it smells like roses. I am not sure what those people are smoking.

The best part about this mascara is that when you wash your face at the end of the night it kind of melts off in weird little rubbery strands so you feel like you're peeling Elmer's glue off your hands, only, it's your eyelashes. That was kind of fun.

I will add that I did try this with another mascara layered underneath (I used my old mascara in the morning and put this on top that night and did not have this problem--the Diorshow basically stayed put.) So if you normally use a primer, you might have better luck.

Needless to say, I will most definitely be returning this to Sephora.

on 11/21/2015 1:53:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I received a sample. I think it doesn't last. At the end of the day, it's like a don't have anything on...

on 11/15/2015 10:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

This use to be my holy grail mascara and I swore to myself I would never buy another brand!! It gives AMAZING volume, thickness etc... however, I found it to be quite clumpy, and it dries out pretty quickly.

I have ventured to use other brands (YSL), which initially I wasn's too sure about. I have naturally quite long/ thick lashes, so I loved the big/ thick brush of Dior... and didn't quite like the smaller brush of YSL.... However I found other mascaras were not as clumpy or dried as quickly as Dior..... Maybe i'll give the Dior another go, and use an eyelash brush (to de-clump it)

on 11/5/2015 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I have no idea why this mascara is such a cult favorite. It doesn't build much volume at all and it certainly doesn't hold a curl. The brush doesn't reach every lash and there's not a lot of product on it at all so it doesn't build any thickness whatsoever. I'm extremely disappointed in this mascara. I've resisted buying expensive mascara precisely because I didn't believe that they were any better than the drugstore brands. And I was right!! Diorshow mascara is $27.50 and doesn't work as well as my favorite Maybelline Rocket, which does build volume and in the waterproof formula definitely holds the curl. It has a great wand that reaches every last lash and sometimes I can even apply more than one coat if I'm quick about it. I also bought the Dior lash primer, which does add some volume and when used with the Diorshow mascara doesn't help hold the curl at all. However, when I use the primer with Rocket waterproof mascara, the curl lasts all day and it gives my eyes a more wide awake look. I'm not sure I'd buy another primer because it was expensive and the reviews for Lancome's primer have been really good, so I may try that instead. But of course, Lancome is owned by Loreal or vice versa so the Loreal primer may work just as well because it's unlikely the parent company would have two totally different primer formulas. It's more likely that there's only one formula and they simply market one product as both Lancome and Loreal. But as far as Diorshow mascara goes, save your pennies. It isn't worth $2 much less $27.50. I ended up pitching it in the trash. I certainly don't want a mascara that doesn't hold the curl and this just confirms my belief that drugstore mascaras are superior to their high end counterparts. I'll stick with my Maybelline Rocket, thank you.

on 7/29/2015 9:06:00 PM

Love the brush on this mascara , i don't like the way it looks smugie after a couple of hours