Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Dry
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.5

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

Hair: Grey, Wavy, Coarse

My retailer slipped me the Diorshow instead of the Dior Blackout I have been buying. This is definitely not as effective, but I don't miss the difficult clean up with the Blackout! I will go back to Blackout next time as it gives much better coverage with one application.
Many reviewers have mentioned the scent problem. I am extremely sensitive to scent but I haven't had a problem with the Dior brand mascara.

This is my initial review. I will do a follow up at 3 months or before, depending on results. Some.say this formula dies out after a short time, but I have also read they improved the tube to correct the problem.

I enjoy this mascara. It gives a very fluttery, full look to my lashes. The pigment is very black. I applied at 4:30 am and it wore well for a solid 13-hours and it did not flake.

I think the price stinks, but I have had very poor luck with DS mascaras. They flake, smudge, or irritate my eyes. I've tried loads and for the price I've spent on finding a decent DS brand, I could have bought several HE mascaras.
I have

on 4/27/2017 9:35:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great mascara that gives volume and intensity. I don't know much about lash length since I've never had any luck with mascaras on that front. I have short pale lashes that look almost non-existent. Diorshow makes them darker, separated and gives a good deal of volume. I basically look for natural intense lashes in a mascara, and Diorshow gives that effect.

Coupled with a lash serum, I find that it does not smudge or flake.

on 12/26/2016 11:01:00 AM

Got a deluxe sample from sephora for 100pts. This mascara smells strongly of flowers and is very wet upon application. It gave me beautiful lashes, but it stuck my upper and lower eyelashes together every single time I tried it, even with 5+ minutes between applications for each lid and when I left mascara off my lower lashes completely! The formula irritated my eyes so much I had to take my contacts out more than once, and taking it off with cleansing water caused more irritation to my eyes. I would give this a hard pass - while it looks good, it sucks in every other way!

on 10/26/2016 10:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was soooo excited to buy this and when I did, I was a tad bit shocked and slightly disappointed. Here's why - the brush is HUGE, and whilst I usually love big fluffy soft wands, this one is hard to work with. I've been using the mascara for 2 months now and I'm still STRUGGLING to reach the roots of my upper lashes. Don't even try get me started on the lower lashes because the thing will just smudge all over..

The GOOD thing is though - Diorshow does not flake. It separates beautifully, it's extremely long lasting and in general makes my eyes look so much more beautiful and big. The formula is super creamy, so it works kind of better when it tries down a little.

I would totally recommend this one for those who adore big-arse mascara wands and brushes, but I won't be purchasing again because the wand is too annoying. Sorry Dior.

Speak Your Mind - We do not accept reviews initiated by BzzAgent, Influenster and any company who offers consumers free products to review.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I'm highly critical of the recent trend, started by Too Faced, of putting fragrance in eye shadows. It just seems the dumbest thing to do, given that many people have problems with scented products. BUT....having said that, I love that this mascara smells of roses rather than of what I imagine coal oil or kerosene lamp oil smells like, which is the smell of most other mascaras in the world. I'll take roses any day.

I got a sample size of this with some Sephora gift bag and I love it. It is SO black and really makes my lashes look lush and dark. And it doesn't smudge on me, which is a major bonus. But I am pretty cheap when it comes to mascara. Except for Clarins's Be Long (and maybe Make Up For Ever), which are the only two for which I pay a higher price, I am pretty happy with L'Oreal Voluminous for every day wear. But I might treat myself to a full sized tube of this beautiful mascara the next time there is a GWP at the Dior counter or when Sephora has their next 20% off VIB Rouge sale.

on 4/3/2016 3:41:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

This used to be my holy grail for the most dramatic lashes possible. I thought I'd see how it works now. It's not irritating to the eyes or eyelids and it works better than almost anything. It's just that the strong perfume made me wash it off after a few hours. The scent never went away. Too bad because it gives me perfect lashes instantly. You do not need to keep applying more and more to get results. I found that 2 coats is just right. With other brands I have to put on 3 or more coats to get the same effect. The big problem is the heavy perfume and for that reason, I will be getting Dior Black Out instead from now on.

Update Apr 20/16: I tried it again using one coat on top of another brand, and this time the scent didn't bother me. I think it's less strong now. I used it on top of a disappointing mascara that gave no length. So using one coat of this on top of others might be the best way to get that fabulous look.

Update Apr 28/16: This is my hg again. In all my recent comparison photos, 3 coats of this alone looks the best. Yes - better than Hypnose. I love trying mascaras and always will, but the pictures don't lie. These lashes are fluffy, long, full, and don't look stiff, clumped or twiglike. Part of the reason for this is the brush. I have to say this is my best mascara, even with the perfume scent. I can live with it. I think it works better now than the day I bought it because it has dried slightly. The look is perfection. I'm sold. I still have a box full of mascaras that I must occasionally use, and some of them are quite good, but now I know for sure this is the best one.

Update Apr 29/16: Logically, this cannot rate as highly as Hypnose because of the awful perfume. You literally can smell it all day as if you had sprayed it on. I have to lower my rating to 4. I still love the way it makes my lashes look.

Update June 16/17: I am lowering this to 2. It's not an acceptable mascara because of the perfume. I will never buy it again.

on 3/13/2016 11:33:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

My favourite high end mascara to fluff out and plump lashes. A good drug store dupe would be Maybelline Plush. They're similar in function but Dior is blacker and makes lashes look thicker whereas Plush has a bit more separating definition. One coat is sufficient to add volume and 2 for a falsies type drama, so it's very versatile depending on how you use it. The brush is on the fluffier side but isn't too big to be unwieldy. It last all day but can smudge on lower lash line after a few hours if the coat is very thick. Removes easily with cleansing balm.

After reading a lot of the reviews, I did rethink the hype. True, there are drugstore brands that may be close to as wonderful for a third of the price. I think the difference, is in how it treats my lashes. I have to use waterproof to get any staying power in drugstore brands, which of course cause my lashes to fall out and break. But after a couple weeks of treating my lashes to Diorshow, they are finally coming back. This mascara allows my lashes to flex and move. They do not break and it does not flake. I don't need waterproof, as the regular stays put all day. It is worth the purchase to say I have my lashes coming back to life.