Dior Diorshow Mascara

Filtered by skin type : Other
Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.7

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

If I'd read reviews ahead of time, I never would have tried this. Who wants a mascara that smells like perfume? I tried it despite the strong scent, and after one coat I was impressed at how the huge brush was easy to manage and seemed to coat every lash. After two coats, it added slight but noticeable length. . .ok, but not exactly dramatic. After three, it clumped like crazy. I combed through my lashes with a clean spoolie, and all that rosy-smelling clumpy mascara flaked right off. I'm not a stranger to getting mascara in my eye--I'm clumsy, it happens--but this stuff stung like none other. Hard pass. My $7 tube of Voluminous looks better, layers better, and lasts all day.

on 4/16/2018 11:01:00 PM

goes on really easily but FLAKES LIKE CRAZY - what a waste of hard-earned money!

on 4/19/2017 2:57:00 PM

Great mascara gives volume and length stays on without flaking all day and is easily removed with my cleanser and the full brush is nice but I have used better (its awkward to get to the smaller lashes) but I think for the price there is better.

Skin: Other, Olive, Neutral

I was excited to get this luxurious sample from Ulta, & I couldn't wait to try it the following night out.
Pros- nice buildable formula, no flaking, rich color (090), no sensitivity, contact friendly, gave my spares lashes a natural look, long wearing, no smudging.

Cons-$28.50

Though I'm thankful to receive this sample I really can't image, for what it is. justify spending so much on an item that you can find in much more affordable drugstore brands. You have to replace it every 3 months or less, and that is really costly. For me I have spares short lashes and I love Maybelline Falsies Mascara. But if you like only high end then you by all means this would be a so so product that produces mediocre results doesn't stand against other high end brands like Benefit or UD.

on 8/9/2015 8:30:00 PM

Too pricey for what it does. Clumps, and gets flaky. Not worth the price.

on 7/15/2015 11:11:00 AM

I think there are dupes for this out there, but I like the brush a lot and I like the quantity of product it picks up from the tube. The brush really clings to the root of the lashes and allows you to really pull and lengthen the lashes and open up the eye.

It is very black and intense without being thick and heavy. You only really need one coat but I don't like this for lower lashes.

I buy this mascara on regular basis and from time to time, I will try something else. This is one of my favourites. The brush is very long and has a lot of bristles. The length of the brush is too long for me but I got then hang of it and the application goes on like a dream! You really can't go wrong with this one. It makes my lashes look full, separate reasonably well with no clumping. For a high end brand mascara, the price is okay.

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

For some reason I always find myself going back to diorshow to "try it one more time" but its not worth the money. It goes on extremely thick and its clumpy. One good thing is my tube always lasts a long time but there are better options for your money.

Formula is not wet, nor dry; it is right in the middle and the brush is large so that may be off putting to some. I love large mascara brushes so I really liked this. You have to layer fast because it dries quickly. Note: I reapplied one evening and it flaked.

on 6/14/2014 11:06:00 AM

One reviewer warned others not to buy this "cult favorite." I so, so regret not taking her advice.
I splurged on Diorshow after reading a particular celebrity uses this mascara to create lush lashes. Later read elsewhere the same celebrity uses Maybelline mascaras! It wasn't just the star who swayed me. I also read many makeup artists use Diorshow.
Imagine my excitement as I unscrewed the cap. Then out pops this large, clunky brush that reeks of roses. Why put fragrance in mascara? Why? It's senseless and irritates eyes.
I've used dozens of mascaras - low and high end. Diorshow was one of the biggest letdowns ever. The wand is long and hard to work with. The brush is too big. The wand and brush together are unwieldy. It's difficult to coat smaller lashes and I won't even attempt bottom lashes.
The results? My lashes are blah even after two or three coats. It darkens my lashes, but they hang there with a heavy, crusty feel. You KNOW you're wearing mascara. My lashes don't look lush. Diorshow did not open my eyes, create lift/curl or provide impressive results.
IMO: You're better off saving the money you would spend on this single splurge and instead buy three less expensive mascaras that will offer much better results. Maybe the celebrity mentioned earlier in my review discovered some Maybelline mascaras outperform this over-hyped mascara. Maybelline Full N Soft and Lash Discovery are much, much better than Diorshow.
You often get what you pay for, but not with Diorshow. Save your money.