Dior Diorshow Mascara

Dior Diorshow Mascara
Diorshow MascaraDiorshow MascaraEnter TitleDIORSHOW MASCARADiorshow Mascara

3.4

Aqua, Glyceryl Stearate, C18-36 Acid Triglyceride, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Strearic Acid, Copernica Cerifera(Carnauba) Wax, Silica, Gyceryl Stearate, Isostearic Acid, Triethalonamine, Glyceryl Hydrogenated Rosinate, PVP/VA Copolymer, Hydrolized Keratin, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Methylparaben, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum(Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Isobutylparaben, Geraniol, Citronellol, Cinnamyl, Alcohol, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde.

If I'd read reviews ahead of time, I never would have tried this. Who wants a mascara that smells like perfume? I tried it despite the strong scent, and after one coat I was impressed at how the huge brush was easy to manage and seemed to coat every lash. After two coats, it added slight but noticeable length. . .ok, but not exactly dramatic. After three, it clumped like crazy. I combed through my lashes with a clean spoolie, and all that rosy-smelling clumpy mascara flaked right off. I'm not a stranger to getting mascara in my eye--I'm clumsy, it happens--but this stuff stung like none other. Hard pass. My $7 tube of Voluminous looks better, layers better, and lasts all day.

on 4/16/2018 11:01:00 PM

goes on really easily but FLAKES LIKE CRAZY - what a waste of hard-earned money!

on 9/23/2017 10:32:00 AM

Too overhyped, too expensive, does nothing. Heck even Maybelline's wayyyy better!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine

I found out the hard way that I'm allergic to this. it has so much fragrance that you can smell the rosiness before you even put on your lashes. Yet I still thought it was OK to try but nope! My eyes were irritated for a couple of days after wearing it once. Lesson learned! Too bad, it looked great!

on 12/26/2016 11:01:00 AM

Got a deluxe sample from sephora for 100pts. This mascara smells strongly of flowers and is very wet upon application. It gave me beautiful lashes, but it stuck my upper and lower eyelashes together every single time I tried it, even with 5+ minutes between applications for each lid and when I left mascara off my lower lashes completely! The formula irritated my eyes so much I had to take my contacts out more than once, and taking it off with cleansing water caused more irritation to my eyes. I would give this a hard pass - while it looks good, it sucks in every other way!

on 8/29/2016 7:53:00 AM

So I`ve been using Bourjois Max Volume and most recently Pupa Mascara Vamp, so I thought I`d give Diorshow a try this morning(just got the Paris Sky Eyeshadow quad and they gave me a sample of this mascara and the primer that comes with it). What a disappointment! I mean it DID have a nice dark black color, and 8 hours later it hasn`t smudged or crumbed, but that`s about it. There was no lenghtening or thickening effect for my lashes, it was so mediocre, that I couldn`t believe Dior would have the balls to hand these samples out. I could barely see it, and I mean even for a no-make up look. For a no-make up look I have a DHC mascara that costs me about 10 bucks that does a far superior job. So I went back in with my Pupa mascara (which btw. is pretty used up after 6 months of every day use, yet that baby still gives) and in one swipe I could see an effect that a brand new tube of Dior couldn`t even match by 5%. And that granny smell of roses! WhoTF needs perfume in their mascara?!

on 4/13/2016 4:24:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Don't know what all the buzz is about, had the Waterproof version and ended up with racoon eyes... my eyelashes are straight and long but need volume, didn't give it more than any other mascara. For the price, not worth it.

I know this is a popular product but it doesn't work for me. It was so expensive and I bought it for my wedding without first checking makeupalley (dumb me). Diorshow Mascara runs like crazy. I have even tried to save the tube by using it as eyeliner. I used eyelid primer by urban decay, used a base eyeshadow, then lined my upper lids with the mascara using an eyeliner brush. By mid-morning the line had somehow smudged under my lower lids; this sort of smudging has never happened before even when I use a khol pencil. So sadly, this almost new tube of expensive mascara will be thrown out.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

WTF?????? WTF IS THIS???? PEOPLE USE THIS?????

This mascara has to be some sort of a joke. I'm no makeup artist, but I've been wearing makeup daily for idk, 10-ish years? I have the dexterity to apply mascara without getting it all over my entire face.

I put this on like any other mascara. The big brush is cool, and would be amazing with a normal mascara. Sadly, not compatible with this formula--the mascara did not get applied to just my lashes, it also got applied to my upper lash line, which, when I tried to "clean up" with makeup remover on a Qtip, smudged across my entire eyelid.

And then I made the mistake of blinking. Like 30 seconds after I applied it. So now my entire lower lash line is coated in goop. So I tried to remove it from there, and I looked up. And then my entire brow bone was covered in goop.

It normally takes me a very small amount of makeup remover to clean up mascara transfer. This took me 3 cotton pads. It doesn't wipe off cleanly--it leaves black smears all over your face. And it leaves black smudges all over your fingers, which will turn into black smudges all over everything you own.

I hope that my review thus far is enough to deter anyone from spending TWENTY EIGHT ENTIRE DOLLARS on this nonsense, but just in case, I'm also going to mention the horrible chemical scent that I was convinced was actually paint thinner that some sneaky customer funneled into my tube before returning it to Sephora and pretending it was brand new. But all 3 tubes I bought (yes, I was this excited to finally be an adult and buy nice high end things) smelled exactly the same. Some people say it smells like roses. I am not sure what those people are smoking.

The best part about this mascara is that when you wash your face at the end of the night it kind of melts off in weird little rubbery strands so you feel like you're peeling Elmer's glue off your hands, only, it's your eyelashes. That was kind of fun.

I will add that I did try this with another mascara layered underneath (I used my old mascara in the morning and put this on top that night and did not have this problem--the Diorshow basically stayed put.) So if you normally use a primer, you might have better luck.

Needless to say, I will most definitely be returning this to Sephora.

on 11/22/2015 6:58:00 AM

Agree with many others. This is the new version. It does add decent volume, but it is clumpy at that and smudges AND flakes. I like alot of dior things, but not their mascaras.